WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 10-05-2016, 01:06 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Report: WWE Buys TNA Video Library But Not TNA Itself

It's been reported on the main page that WWE has purchased TNA's tape library while Billy Corgan is the new majority owner of TNA wrestling itself.

A recent report stated that Corgan ultimately has wanted to rebrand TNA by doing away with the TNA name itself and, if he's new majority owner, he can do that and I'm assuming he'll have to otherwise WWE wouldn't have purchased the tape library.

My guess is that Corgan is ultimately going to start from scratch with TNA itself: new name, now championships, etc. If the recently created Grand Championship is any sort of indicator, my guess is that the company going forward will simply be Impact Wrestling.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
If the recently created Grand Championship is any sort of indicator, my guess is that the company going forward will simply be Impact Wrestling.
Not sure that's possible. TNA used Impact Wrestling for a time and I would think that means it falls under the TNA brand name.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

That's pretty awesome, TNA has had some very good PPVs back in the Beer Money vs Motor City Machine Guns days. I didn't watch large gaps between then and now. I'm looking forward to seeing some good stuff like A.J Styles feud with Christopher Daniels and Samoa Joe.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:33 PM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'd like to know more details of exactly what Billy Corgan is buying here, if he's not getting access to TNA's tape library or trademarks. The right to execute their television contract for the fifteen months remaining on it? Appearance rights for their performers for their remaining contracts?

This deal sounds like the best of both cases, but I'd really like to know more specifics of what Billy Corgan + Investors would get. I'm also curious if this is a deal where TNA is essentially broken up into parts and sold, with the WWE taking the assets they want, Billy Corgan + Investors taking the assets they want and incorporating as a new company, and the creditors get to go to court for the debt.

Because as stated, Billy Corgan buying TNA minus the tape library, that deal doesn't make sense. Specifics are needed.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:55 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Don't be too shocked if there is some ECW/Heyman style stuff going on with WWE here...

WWE get the library and some options on some of the talent and in return they "support" Corgan in some way, either with mentoring, financial support like they did Heyman or allowing the odd piece of talent to work there (or drop any issue with Cody and his name for example...)

Without the history and Library, the "competition" aspect of TNA disappears, so there is no issue with them having a similar relationship to that with Evolve... with Dixie gone any bad blood could potentially be erased.

Of course that may not be the case at all... but I did say a while ago we could be in a sense seeing the rebirth of an NWA style organisation with WWE at the helm... not quite territories, but Vince and more importantly Trips both know that the era of "domination and monopoly" has failed... it's now time to rebuild.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
Not sure that's possible. TNA used Impact Wrestling for a time and I would think that means it falls under the TNA brand name.
As far a we know, and Meltzer reports, it is JUST for the tape library. If it was for all the IP, NOTHING could be used going forward without WWE's consent. As of RIGHT NOW, it is just for the tapes. I also have a feeling that this could be the end of the line for Impact on Pop!. Do not be surprised if they go the What Culture route and stream matches over YouTube.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Why would I now watch current TNA when I've got 14 years worth of TNA on the Network? Don't get me wrong, there's some good stuff on now, but it's all largely stale and forgettable. If WWE have the library is can just cherry pick some quality TNA from years ago.
Old 10-05-2016, 02:56 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray11214 View Post
As far a we know, and Meltzer reports, it is JUST for the tape library. If it was for all the IP, NOTHING could be used going forward without WWE's consent. As of RIGHT NOW, it is just for the tapes. I also have a feeling that this could be the end of the line for Impact on Pop!. Do not be surprised if they go the What Culture route and stream matches over YouTube.
Even so, it would seem odd to start a new promotion that already has it's name in some old, archived library in the hands of its competition.
Old 10-05-2016, 03:00 PM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

This is a win win for everyone. WWE gets the Tape Library and more content for The Network to help fill in the gaps for AJ Styles,Samoa Joe,Bobby Roode,Austin Aries,Sting,Kurt Angle,Mick Foley,Booker T,Christian,etc. There is alot of good stuff before the TNA name became so damaged. Alot of those PPVs especially i want to see again.

Meanwhile Billy Corgan can rebrand and start over with whatever he plans on doing.

More importantly Dixie Carter is out and hopefully gone forever.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
Old 10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

ugh. finally. good bye tna.
they should end it all with matt hardy somehow deleting tna itself. gone. fresh start for whatever is going to happen next.

wwe's lightning rod is gone now. tna was a black eye on the business so they deservedly got a lot of hate for it. but wwe wont have that heat shield anymore.