WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Knockout Champion

FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...FromGlasgow is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Does Anyone Still Enjoy TNA?

Just heard the news its looking very likely that the WWE will be the ones to purchase TNA.
How about all the people who still enjoy watching TNA? TNA is still the most watched wrestling TV show in the UK so now in the UK we are left with WWE or nothing.
I know TNA has had its problems the past few years but it really was starting to look up again with the additions to the roster of Cody Rhodes and Damian Sandow and diminishing role of Dixie Carter etc I was starting to feel good about it again then along comes WWE and just buys it and now no more TNA.
TNA is just the lastest in a long line of wrestling companies that I previously enjoyed watching who WWE have indirectly put out of business.
I enjoy WWE so I'm not anti WWE but I think its b******* that they just destroy other companies just so they can get a couple of DVD sales like a best of AJ Styles and a rise and fall of TNA type one so us in the UK can have no other alternative wrestling show on TV. I feel the UK fans get screwed over enough from WWE putting their weekly shows RAW and Smackdown exclusively on the expensive sky sports and charge us nearly double for the network than they do in the USA and never having any good shows over here except for one Summerslam like 25 years ago.
I cannot afford to pay for sky sports so basically for the first time in my life that I can remember there will be no actual wrestling shows on free TV.
I know they show a one hour highlights of WWE show on Sky one on sunday mornings but its dreadfull and cut all the matches and cut out anything remotely violent so your basically left with a 30 minute Triple H interview segment.
The WWE roster is quite full at the moment so we probably wont see most of the TNA guys again as I don't expect the WWE has a lot of space for them all.
Does anyone else just feel put off of WWE now at their arrogance at cancelling any possible wrestling alternative?
I believe WWE will lose more than it will gain from this as if theres no alternative going on I think people will just get bored and move off from wrestling, Its not like they will get all the TNA fans now as maybe I'm wrong but I thought all TNA fans still followed the WWE anyway.
I know I can't believe anything you read on the internet so hope its not true.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:44 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

To be fair, they aren't destroying TNA. TNA destroyed TNA. More appropriately, Dixie Carter destroyed TNA. Hogan and Bischoff certainly played a big, big part in helping her there, but at the end of the day, as much as I'm sure she cares and nice of a lady as I'm sure she is, this is all on her. Every poor decision in their history since she's bought in as majority owner is on her.

But to answer your question, yes, I still enjoy TNA, and I still want them around. It's just entirely out of our hands, is all.

And no, not all TNA fans still follow WWE. I'm a TNA fan, and I don't follow/watch WWE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:16 PM
Doubt it, bud.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...smizzy is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Damn Real! View Post
Hogan and Bischoff certainly played a big, big part in helping her there
I've seen this several times now, just out of curiosity and minimal knowledge of TNA, what did Hogan and Bischoff do? I would assume they were grotesquely overpaid for starters.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:43 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smizzy View Post
I've seen this several times now, just out of curiosity and minimal knowledge of TNA, what did Hogan and Bischoff do? I would assume they were grotesquely overpaid for starters.
Overpaid was one, they were making more money than the rest of the roster combined.

Hogan and Bischoff consulted to basically remove everything that made TNA unique, and they turned the product into a watered down RAW, and then they decided to make it go live Monday Nights, making it harder for fans of both companies to follow them (Going live good, Going live vs the behemoth bad). Losing the 6 sided ring made TNA a lot less unique.

The Storyline also turned into the NWO rehash for the 5th time, seriously, Aces and 8's started ok, but they decided to bring in half the roster and made the angle last waaaaay too long. And of course, Hogan was the center of attention, they even had a point where Hogan comes out and takes down half the locker room solo, barely able to walk.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:17 AM
Submitting you baby xx

SharpShootingCrossface is looking to come up from OCW...

I love TNA, have for years and the past few months have been excellent. Is wwf buying them actually a thing that'll happen now??

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything" - Sting

"Ooooh yeeeah" - Macho Man
Old 09-30-2016, 06:14 AM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

Let's just say it has been a long time since I have enjoyed a wrestling show as much as I did this weeks edition of Impact. It was awesome. Great X division match, solid Knockouts matches and an incredible Main Event that you wouldn't see in WWE. TNA is doing a good job of redefining itself as a credible alternative.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:05 AM

ECPirate37 is looking to come up from OCW...

I LOVE TNA, and if they go away, I will not be watching wrestling any more. TNA should have kept the Knockouts strong, and the X-Division strong. That was their bread and butter. It made them unique. If TNA does die now, the sad thing is, for the past 6 months to a year, it has been their best programming since pre-bish&hogan.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Jerichoholic since 1997
WWE Diva's Champion

akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...akathelaw is looking to come up from OCW...

One thing Hogan and Bischoff coming to TNA did was convince Dixie that what she needed was the heel authority figure, and she decided to cast herself in that role. When Dixie became an on screen character, I think the show became a different thing than it was before. She was a lot like Vickie Guerrero, and Vickie "worked" for WWE but I don't know if people really wanted another character like that. It's not the only thing that led to TNA's problems, but it was a big part of it. Putting Dixie through a table should have been a bigger moment, the fact that it wasn't shows how much folks cared about that story.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Samoan Heritage worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I love TNA and will continue to support them. I really wish people would've given them a chance this year as they have/had some very good stuff going on.
-Lashley has been the most dominant world champion in any company I've seen in a very long time.
-Broken Matt is the most talked about thing in wrestling this year.
-They are building new stars in Bennett, Moose, Galloway, and Allie, among others.
-They've renewed veteran careers. Jeff and Abyss were stuck in a rut and this "Broken saga" and Decay has refreshed their careers.

The only negative TNA had TV show wise was the lack of knockouts and X-division stars, in which they are slowly fixing. They aren't close what those divisions use to be, but there are some great talent in both divisions, they just need to utilize them. Braxton Sutter vs Spud, imo is an underrated feud that sort of flew under the rador of most fans.

All the negative publicity TNA has been getting sucks, but I will stay positive as this past episode was excellent and I expect nothing different at Bound for Glory.
I also love the positivity TNA guys have shown. Gail Kim response to these report was great:
Quote:
The roster — whoever was there and no matter how many changes — has always been a family. Whether morale was high or low, you had to put in the work and nobody gave less than 100%. That’s never changed from the first day to now.”
But my favorite has to be EC3's post on instagram.
Quote:
"...This is a wrestling show that is a combined effort of those women and men, who through turbulence, constant noise and leadership decisions outside of their control will take whatever opportunity they have to deliver. To do what they love.
This is not a perfect wrestling show, this is not a perfect company, and this is not a perfect industry. The only thing that can be perfect is the combined effort from each individual to move forward as team. For the person next to you. For the fanbase that supports you."

Last edited by The Samoan Heritage : 09-30-2016 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2016, 10:17 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm probably enjoying TNA the most now since AJ Styles & Sting, I don't watch every Impact and even when I do I tend to skip through a good bit of the show.

The X-Division & Tag-Division aren't what they were and that disappointing, there is a few guys on the roster that personally I don't have any interest in watching but that's the same view I have on WWE.

For the sake of Wrestling I hope someone other that Vincent Kennedy McMahon purchases the company.