WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-10-2016, 11:17 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default CM Punk Gets Slaughtered At UFC 203

Well, CM Punk finally had his first MMA fight and it went pretty much like most people were expecting. His opponent, Mickey Gall, took him down almost immediately and nailed him with some hard ground & pound before putting him in a rear naked choke. Punk managed to escape the 1st time but Gall caught him in it again and Punk was forced to tap at 2:14 of the first round. So yeah, Punk got his ass handed to him without ever landing a single punch or kick to Gall.

Punk, despite looking like roadkill after the fight, spoke to Joe Rogan:

"In life you go big or you go home, I just like to take challenges. This was a hell of a mountain to try to climb and I didn't get to the summit today, but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up.

"I will be back, believe it or not, this was the most fun I've ever had," Punk continued. "It was the second best day of my life after marrying my wife. I know there's a lot of doubters, but life's about falling down and getting up. It doesn't matter how many times you get knocked down, it's about getting back up. So if there's any kid out there who's told by a parent, a teacher or a coach or somebody that they're supposed to look up to, somebody that's supposed to push them and believe in them and they're told no, don't listen to them. Believe in yourself. Sometimes the outcome isn't always what you desire it to be, but the true failure in life is not trying at all. I know that sounds preachy and kind of weird for a guy that just got beat up, but fuck it. This is the time of my life, thank you Cleveland!"

So Punk's post fight promo was kind of inspiring and really went pretty much how most people were expecting as well. He seemed upbeat and positive, seemed to enjoy the whole experience, though it's hard for me to take him seriously when he said it's the most fun he ever had and the second best night of his life. Based on what he said tonight, he intends to fight again, though exactly what for I have no idea. In spite of his seemingly upbeat words, Punk's defeat was nothing short of humiliating; there's just no other way to put it when you're in a fight and don't even land a single shot to the person you're fighting.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Very inspiring post fight interview from CM Punk after getting embarrassed in the ring. Punks right ear looked screwed up too, like he took a couple of shots right to the ear. Well, at least he tried, the MMA scene I mean. It really doesn't look like he belongs there, at all.

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 09-10-2016 at 11:25 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Punk got annihilated tonight. When the bell rang, Mickey Gall came in with a flying tackle. In all honesty, it could have ended much quicker. As for Punk claiming he is going to return: Dana White would be a raving lunatic to even allow that to happen. I would not be surprised if White brought Punk in and "Future Endeavored" him on Monday. Punk has no business in a UFC Octagon after what I saw tonight.

As for Punk going back to Wrestling: That would be the height of humiliation. Furthermore, will anyone even go out of their way to sign him? That was not just Punk the man that got slaughtered. Punk the BRAND took a massive hit. Somewhere, a guy named Paul Michael Levesque is toasting Mickey Gall's health. Punk is seriously damaged goods at this point.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:01 AM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

I felt sorry for CM Punk. He got his ass handed to him, quickly and with no remorse. The first punches Gall landed were really heartbreaking. I felt pro-wrestling in a whole took a slap in the face. Here you have one of the best performers of our time losing without putting up a fight. I know it's a different level of competition and I admire Punk for trying to do it, but he was just late to that race.

I felt chills hearing the Cult of Personality music and I think pretty much who cared to watch the fight felt the same way. Despite the positive speech after the fight, Punk looked genuinely disappointed and humiliated and you can see that in his eyes before the raise of Gall's hand.

If he fights again, sure, I will watch it. Wouldn't mind seeing Swagger or Ziggler try their hand on MMA. Just so pro-wrestling can get back up. Amateur wrestling is a long way already for a professional MMA fighter.

It's Damn Real
Old 09-11-2016, 12:14 AM

CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...CrunKSinatrA is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm a fan and I applaud CM Punk's effort. He tried his best and took a beating like a man. He showed good sportsmanship in defeat.

But he doesn't belong in the UFC. Send him to WEC or Bellator to prove himself first. Punk still gets to live his MMA dreams, but he is certainly not on the UFC's level.

I'm not sure if Mickey Gall showed mercy by going for a submission win or if it's just his style to go a submission, like his other wins.

The only trouble Gall had was the difficult choice of wanting to win via TKO/referee stoppage or win via submission.

I thought the ref was going to stop the fight a couple of times. But then Gall would stop punching Punk and go for a submission.

Punk did show some signs of life and defense by escaping a couple submission attempts. But Punk was just treading water to survive as long as possible. No real offense at all.

Punk could've actually been killed. Gall's stubborn determination for a submission win saved himself, UFC, and MMA in general from a big death scandal by not going for a TKO victory.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Knockout Champion

Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...Kidpolean is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunKSinatrA View Post
I'm a fan and I applaud CM Punk's effort. He tried his best and took a beating like a man. He showed good sportsmanship in defeat.

But he doesn't belong in the UFC. Send him to WEC or Bellator to prove himself first. Punk still gets to live his MMA dreams, but he is certainly not on the UFC's level.

I'm not sure if Mickey Gall showed mercy by going for a submission win or if it's just his style to go a submission, like his other wins.

The only trouble Gall had was the difficult choice of wanting to win via TKO/referee stoppage or win via submission.

I thought the ref was going to stop the fight a couple of times. But then Gall would stop punching Punk and go for a submission.

Punk did show some signs of life and defense by escaping a couple submission attempts. But Punk was just treading water to survive as long as possible. No real offense at all.

Punk could've actually been killed. Gall's stubborn determination for a submission win saved himself, UFC, and MMA in general from a big death scandal by not going for a TKO victory.
the UFC is very good about stopping fights, Punk would have been fine either way.

Going to bellator or wec won't change anything. The worst guys in those companies still would have put up a better fight than Punk. There are amateurs that would beat Punk! He is simply not an mma fighter and at this point in his life he is too old to get to that level skill wise.

It's back to wrestling or something completely unrelated. He will never get another UFC fight so this dream is dead.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:02 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

He's looked like a man who knew he was going to lose for months now. He's in his late 30th, broken down from years of wrestling, hetc had no reputation as even a tough guy in wrestling, it was inevitable.

I should applaud him for giving it a shot, but he didn't do it to lose. It shows a complete lack of self awareness from a guy that seemed fairly intelligent.
Old 09-11-2016, 03:19 AM

Darkshadow1234 is looking to come up from OCW...

Like I get not liking cm punk. But like everyone on this site has a real mental issue of hating him for no reason just bc he walked out of that circus called wwe. Punk owes us nothing.
Seems like 98% people on this site are either wwe marks or trolls.
but that is another topic.

On to the fight.
Punk tried his best. He never fought before. Or had any fights.
He did better than I thought he did.
At least Punk has the balls to get in the ring and fight. Unlike most people on here.
I respect him for that.
I've always been a fan of punk. No matter what. Never turned my back on him.
He will get better in time with MMA. It takes time, patience and dedication. But he will get there.
I hope he doesnt go back to WWE. Wrestling now is garbage. Complete trash.

Punk keep doing what your doing. Screw the haters.
Keep living your dreams.
Dont worry about the butt hurt wwe marks. Who hate on you for no reason.

Keep training

I respect someone who loses clean. Than someone who wins dirty (aka steroid Lesnar ) ijs

Last edited by Darkshadow1234 : 09-11-2016 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:18 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Here's a thought.

Dana White dislikes pro wrestling

CM Punk dislikes WWE

Brock Lesnar went from WWE to UFC and became the biggest draw in UFC history and UFC Heavyweight Champion

Brock Lesnar returns to WWE

Brock Lesnar rejects UFC to sign a contract extension with WWE

Brock Lesnar is invited back to UFC 200 where he wins, only to fail a post-match drugs test

CM Punk's oft-postponed debut is hurriedly announced for UFC 203, I *think* not long after Lesnar v Hunt (admittedly I may be wrong with this)

CM Punk's debut is a humiliation, where he doesn't even land one offensive strike

CM Punk declare's his desire to fight again

Theory: White "staged" Punk v Gall as a method to "prove" that ultimate fighting is superior to pro wrestling

It's a long shot, especially since the main reason White dislikes WWE is precisely because the fights are staged and results pre-determined.

But if Punk fights on a UFC card again in the near future - and especially if he wins - then suspicion may start to grow.

Punk had nothing to lose - he achieved his 'dream' of fighting for UFC, and he certainly had no love lost for Vince McMahon, Triple H or WWE. If part of the deal was a guaranteed second fight, why wouldn't he go along with this?

I'm now imagining good ol' JR's voice screaming, "it was a set up all along!!"
Old 09-11-2016, 04:22 AM

Redrum is looking to come up from OCW...Redrum is looking to come up from OCW...

Punk should not have another fight in UFC. He looked like he had zero business being in there. After that slaughter the novelty is gone so UFC has nothing to gain by allowing him back to fight. He might fight in some lower tier MMA but even then i dont see him being even half good at it. He followed his dream but anyone with any knowledge on MMA that was being honest knew this would happen. Punk isn't Lesnar or Batista he never had a chance in hell and he only makes himself look bad and risk his health to keep going.

As for a return to wrestling maybe to New Japan or TNA something like that but even then his brand like many have said took a massive blow. Sure people would mark out if he returned to WWE but at this point why would WWE want him? The higher ups dont like him and would only take him back to cuck him if possible and feed him to younger talent then toss him in the trash out of spite. Sure if he won his fight and went on to have even a ok MMA career they would of taken him back and bent over for him like they did for Brock but now he is of no use to them.