WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-07-2016, 04:26 PM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom
Default "Fire Me! I'm Already Fired!"

I know most of us can remember those words being yelled by Ric Flair to Eric Bischoff. This was the night that the new 4 Horsemen formed on Nitro and it was the night that Ric Flair returned from a, let's call it questionable hiatus, to WCW.

What I want to know is; as fans, what did everyone think of this epic promo? Did you think it was a work? Was it part of the script? Did you think it was a shoot? Was Flair actually really and truly pissed at Bischoff? What did you think?

I was a kid when I seen this on Nitro and being a kid, who very much so thought that wrestling was real; I thought it was what was supposed to happen because Bischoff and the nWo were the bad guys and Flair, at this point in time anyway, was a good guy. So when Bischoff came out and Flair went off, I just thought it was common place because of who they were.

Knowing what I know now, I know that wasn't the case at all and Flair meant every single word he said that night about Bischoff. IMO, moments like these, when real life mixes in with the product, are the best moments of wrestling. Their already fired up from the adrenaline of being live in front of thousands of people and then, when they get set off, it creates the best moments and opportunities ever.

Another would be when Cena called Rock out for writing notes for his promo on his wrist. "Nice tattoo," I believe is what Cena said to the Rock. Being a lot older when this happened, I knew something was up between the two of them. It had already been rumored but that confirmed it. Rock looked like he wanted to fuck Cena up right then and there.

So, what do you think of these moments and can anyone think of anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:35 PM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

always loved a good Ric Flair promo and that was one of his best precisely because it was real to a certain degree; a worked shoot as the smarks like to call it is certainly when wrestling has been at its best; stuff like the nWo and montreal are remembered so fondly because of this concept
Old 09-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

You'll never see moments like that again. Flair and Rhodes were the GOAT when it came to promos. That was because you BELIEVED them when they said them. The "Old School" needed to know how to cut their own promos in those days. No Creative. No Russo. No micromanagement. Just a couple of key words, and the rest flowed from the heart. The vast majority that you see today could make Kamala and George "The Animal" Steele look like Shakesperean actors. Sad.