WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 09-02-2016, 01:23 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Report/Rumor: Paige Allegedly Threatened With Termination?

There's a story going out right now that's out there but, if true, is also pretty disturbing. According to information via the MSL & Sullivan show, hosted by Mister Saint Laurent & Kevin Sullivan, that WWE's liasion with the Total Divas show, Mark Carrano, harassed Paige & Del Rio regarding their relationship. According to MSL:

"Mark Carrano, who fans might know from Total Divas, kind of like the office liaison guy, approached Del Rio and Paige individually and harassed each of them about their relationship. It was indicated that the office wanted them to sever their romantic relationship."

MSL would go a step further and say that WWE threatened to fire Paige if she didn't split up with Del Rio.

"A lot of people speculated if this was the reason [WWE] split them up in the draft and that's definitely what happened. The company did not want them together. They split them up in the draft by design and they threatened to fire Paige if she didn't break up with Del Rio."

Paige is currently on a 30 day suspension for a WWE Wellness Policy violation as well as dealing with shoulder and back injuries. Del Rio is finished with WWE, as it was officially announced earlier this week, and he was also suspended for 30 days via a Wellness Policy violation.

If this turned out to be true, then both, Paige especially, should sue WWE because this goes above and beyond unacceptable on the company's part. If true, then there's no viable defense for WWE; I know Vince is a control freak, but this is really out there even for him. However, I don't buy into it because it seems so unlikely; there've been so many different relationships between WWE wrestlers that it's hard to imagine why this one would rub the office the wrong way. Even if it did, it strikes me as extremely unlikely that WWE would open itself up to legal action.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:30 PM
Not really working as a
WWE Diva's Champion

Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...Hard Hit Prince scored a win over Santino Marella...

This upsets me. Paige is by far one of the best female wrestlers in the company and being this mistreated is bullshit. She's young and she has not been around or relevant since AJ Lee's departure. Why? Seriously.

I get that she has an attitude, she's pretty straightforward and doesn't seem to be the kind of gal who's shy to talk smack to their employers but that should be a positive thing, specially someone that represents the female division. Relationships in the workplace is always difficult to manage, but if Daniel Bryan, John Cena, Tyson Kidd and others can, why is she being mistreated? Can you imagine what a power couple Del Rio and Paige would be? They are both good wrestlers and heck putting them together would at least be a different vision for both of them.

This is because of her shared twitter posts. She was way too much "romantic" (immature) for Del Rio. The guy is divorced and has children and oh my god, I can only imagine the bad press. Turn her heel and use that in the process then. "I will steal your man too" that's heat right there.

I hope she sticks around for WWE at least until this heat goes away. To repair the bridge so to speak and after that I really want her gone, because I want to see her being used to her full capabilities. If the company is more focused on building Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha Banks & Bailey then she can very well lend her talents to the Impact Wrestling roster. I can only imagine the good matches she would've with Gail Kim and others who may be on their way to step up their game.

This really upsets me.

It's Damn Real
Old 09-02-2016, 02:34 PM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

This is hearsay at the end of the day. And until I hear it from Paige, Del Rio or Carrano then I'm not going to buy into it. I still think that the WWE has a lot riding on Paige to the face of the women's division heading into the future, so it makes the story somewhat plausible. But given the nature of the story, I still find it to be somewhat outside the reams of reality. That said, if it did happen the way it is said to have, then the WWE are utter jerks. They like to control things as much as possible, and they don't want another CM Punk/AJ scenario on their hands. But this is a step too far. If true...
Old 09-02-2016, 02:57 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

It amazes me that people still think WWE wouldn't stoop to these sort of depths for some reason or other. WWE has done much scummier things to their talents over the years so I personally have no problem believing that something like this may possibly be true. Also, Carrano is a giant plug who really comes off as the prototypical heartless corporate stooge. If I were to believe anybody initiated this, I have no problem believing it was him. Splitting them up in the draft seemed like a pretty hefty kick to the nuts and struck me as a clear message to both. If you won't stay away from each other, we'll keep you away from each other.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this but it's not like the WWE has a squeaky clean resume when it comes to these sort of things. In fact, they're known for being extremely petty when it comes to talent defying them, especially in this day and age. Most of the time, these stories have at least a modicum of truth to them. One thing I don't believe is that they threatened to fire Paige. Although I wouldn't be shocked if that turned out to be true as well.

All I'll say about the actual story is, WWE doesn't own their talent. They may be able to decide on a wrestler's look or on-screen character but they don't have the right to choose who dates who or who gets married when. One can try and defend WWE all they want and I have no doubt some will, but the fact is, you don't treat your employees like animals. True or not, it really is time for wrestling to modernize the way things are done backstage.

Last edited by OYDK : 09-02-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:06 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Everywhere I've worked, I've signed a piece of paper that said I could be punished, Upto termination if I get involved with a relationship with another co-worker.

This seems no different. With the "stunts" pulled with the ambulance and other reports, and Del Rio still being married when this relationship started (I'm aware that he's divorced now), I could see how it could be detrimental to the image of WWE and it's protected characters that are Paige and Alberto Del Rio (They own the characters the that they play).

It's within WWE's rights to terminate employees having relationships together that affect the workplace and the image of the company they represent.

I guarentee you that they're contracted in such a way, and current inter-employee relationships aren't threatened so much because they havent created scenes or caused anything to defame WWE's image like Paige and Del Rio have.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:41 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...

I got to admit, if Paige and Del Rio knew how to keep a low profile and maintain a healthy relationship that doesn't affect the work place, WWE would have had no reason to take issue with them. But when Paige is off getting handcuffed after live shows with ambulance incidents, and spamming social media with pictures while the man was still married, they sort of had this coming.

It's not within the right of a major company to dictate people's personal lives. But it is within the right of a company to discipline and terminate talents who engage in relationships and are causing unnecessary, negative attention. I can't side with the talent on this one. Paige acts like a teenage love puppy and Del Rio is a bad influence on her.

A published author is an amateur who didn't quit.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:06 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Few things I'd like to say here:

1) I was a huge fan of Paige from her first night on the roster when she won the Divas Championship and for a good year or so after. I love her personality and character on Total Divas as well. So, it's important to note I am a fan of hers... however...

2) She has done herself zero favors with this company in terms of earning the benefit of the doubt and the right to have a relationship with a co-worker. She has repeatedly been in trouble or dodged trouble over the last 9-10 months. I believe there was the were 2 separate incidents (1 at a bar with a fan) and another one before the situation with Del Rio that resulted in an ambulance and police showing up at an arena after a PPV a few months back. Her repeated poor behavior outside the ring is the reason she has been basically dropped from the women's division in recent months outside of 1 3-week stretch of RAW appearances.

3) With that all said, and while I know in MOST workplaces it is against company policy to date a co-worker and could result in termination from the company, I find it hypocritical for WWE to take this stance when 2 of the primary bosses/owners of the company dated when they were on the roster and are now married (Triple H & Stephanie) and we all know there are several other relationships going on in the current roster that they don't object to (Cena & Nikki Bella, Naomi & Uso, Renee Young & Dean Ambrose, The Miz & Maryse met and started dating on the roster before getting married, etc.) So why is this one not allowed? Don't they need to be consistent?

4) Lastly, as a rebuttal to point 3... could their issue with this be a direct thinking of both my past 2 points which is the company had issues with Del Rio in the past and think he isn't a good influence on Paige's life and career in the company so tried to split them up before he dragged her down and completely out?
Old 09-02-2016, 05:08 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
I got to admit, if Paige and Del Rio knew how to keep a low profile and maintain a healthy relationship that doesn't affect the work place, WWE would have had no reason to take issue with them. But when Paige is off getting handcuffed after live shows with ambulance incidents, and spamming social media with pictures while the man was still married, they sort of had this coming.

It's not within the right of a major company to dictate people's personal lives. But it is within the right of a company to discipline and terminate talents who engage in relationships and are causing unnecessary, negative attention. I can't side with the talent on this one. Paige acts like a teenage love puppy and Del Rio is a bad influence on her.
Great points. They were sloppy from the start, impacted their own lives and the lives of their families no doubt, and their issues spilled over to the company, the company's image and probably others on the roster.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:39 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

First of all, i didn't listenthe the msl & sullivan show but i'm wondering how msl knew about this since he doesn'T work for WWE so unless he got some good connection in WWE, this is probably fabricated to have wrestling website talking about their show.

Secondly even through it'S just a rumor, i wouldn'T be surprised if this happen and has much as I'm a fan of paige, i wouldn'T have blame them for it. She was dating a married man and if the medias got wind of this it could have cause a huge scandal for WWE which they don'T need right now.

Finally, i could see that this was all a storyline for the next season of total divas since she always been the wild child of the show and always getting reprimended. The fact is that she the reason peoples are still watching the show every week and it shows in the ratings. So this could have been all fabricated by the producers of total divas to make the show more interesting next season and with WWE i wouldn'T be surprise at all if they would stoop that low to attract peoples to watch a reality show.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 PM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

During this entire thing with Del Rio and Paige, I never knew that Del Rio was married. I guess his wife lets him do his thing when he is on the road?? They obviously weren't hiding it.

That could be part of the WWE's issue w/ this. As well as just knowing each of their personalities and knowing that it was a combustible situation.

The fact that they failed drug tests TOGETHER when neither had failed a drug test prior, almost validates the WWE in how they were trying the meddle in their relationship.