WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 08-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...
Default Your Main Event of Summerslam?

So Seth Rollins Vs. Finn Balor is scheduled to happen at Summerslam for WWE Universal Championship while Dean Ambrose Vs. Dolph Ziggler is scheduled for WWE World Championship. There's another big match in form of Brock Lesnar Vs. Randy Orton.

Most probably, Lesnar-Orton match would main event Summerslam. But what I am asking is:

"Which match is the real main event for you regardless of what WWE makes it to be?"

For me, it's Rollins-Balor match. Just because it is for the inaugral WWE Universal Championship. I am most interested in this match because it could go either damn way.

Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:01 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Brock/Orton I guess. It's the only match I'm completely invested in on the card other than Reigns/Rusev. Balor/Rollins should be a fun match but I really don't care very much who wins it. I've never been a huge Balor mark and while I love Rollins' work, we've been there and done that already. A heel Rollins with Steph on his side is just a rehash of his last run with no HHH and a smaller roster to work with.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:04 PM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The main event is and always has been the match that draws the most people to the event and that is undoubtedly Brock vs. Orton as it's the only match on the card that has 2 guys that can actually be considered draws (outside of Cena vs. Styles). I'm with you in the sense I'm much more interested in Balor vs. Rollins but that is not the reason your average person is going to be watching this event.

Take my house for instance, I watch more special events and PPV's than I do Raw or Smackdown, mostly I just cherry pick what I like from those shows and don't bother with the rest and it's only PPV's I watch. My dad, uncle and friends however very rarely watch wrestling, if they do it's only PPV events and it's only when there is a match like Brock vs. Orton that they could be watching, even if they can't make it the FIRST thing they always ask me is "who won the Lesnar match?", if Lesnar isn't fighting I won't be asked anything. It's not that they can't enjoy a Rollins vs. Balor when they see it but the only reason they will be seeing that match in the 1st place is because Brock vs. Orton is going to be on the same event, without that match the rest is completely foreign to them. Finn is an awesome example in this because he's only been on regular WWE programming for a grand total of 2 weeks, most people who watch Raw don't watch NXT so they really know nothing about Finn Balor except what they've seen over the last 14 days, they aren't even aware of the Demon yet. Sure, guys like me and you know about that but your average person doesn't so they don't care.

Pretty much anywhere I am, whether it's work, studio or home it's a well known fact I am the wrestling guy, to this day the only match I've been asked about for Summerslam is the Brock vs. Orton match and that's been from quite a few people at this point (omit the few I talk to at work that are also wrestling fans), from that and just simple logic I can't imagine any match being the main event except for that match despite if it goes on last or not.

Make Dimension X great again!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 02:13 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think Lesnar/Orton will headline the event, but for me the main event is Ambrose/Ziggler, no question about it. Ambrose still has a long way to go before I can accept him as a permanent main eventer, but he and Ziggler should be an awesome match, and it's for a legitimate title. Rollins/Balor is another guy I'm not sold on as a permanent main eventer against a rookie for a brand-new title. That's a midcard match to me.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Seth Rollins VS Finn Balor SHOULD be The Main Event of the show. Even though all the buzz is on Orton vs Brock, Seth vs Balor is going to steal the show. Everyone knows it so why not make the best match of the show on last?

Cena vs A.J
Brock vs Orton (Co Main Event)
Seth vs Finn (Main Event)

Ambrose vs Ziggler for the first ever WWE Championship match featured on the pre-show..... (I'm hating. Ignore my hate .)

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
Old 08-08-2016, 04:45 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
Million Dollar Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Brock Lesnar vs Randy Orton is the biggest match on the card no doubt about it. It's a dream match, both names are well known, both are mainstream attraction and it's the money-making match.

You think Balor vs Rollins is deserving of a main event spot at the second biggest show of the year? Hell no. Balor just made it to the main roster and one reason WWE went with Balor vs Rollins is because they are able to do it, since Brock vs Orton and Styles vs Cena automatically can sell the event.

So for me, it should be Lesnar vs Orton.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Knockout Champion

WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...WWEIsLife2 is looking to come up from OCW...

While Brock Lesnar & Randy Orton is a Match I have wanted to see for a long time and am looking forward to I wouldn't mind seeing Seth Rollins & Finn Balor go on last. I know some people are just scoffing at the idea but with a New Title being introduced on the RAW side I think it would be important to close with that.

Either way the top 4 Matches are all Main Event worthy and Summerslam this year is pretty stacked.

WWF/E & Wrestling Fan since 1990!
Old 08-08-2016, 07:35 PM

swallop is looking to come up from OCW...

Im going to get killed for this but dean vs ziggler should main event. They just had this story line of how smackdown beat raw and took the most prized possession to smackdown. Not having it main event in favor of the new universal title would just kill everything they were trying to do with making the shows seem equal. Its the truth.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:37 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Lesnar vs. Orton. It has had a great and simple story, and it's been a dream matchup for years.

I don't have much interest in the World Title matches. Balor and Ziggler aren't credible contenders for any PPV, let alone the 2nd biggest of the year.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:30 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swallop View Post
Im going to get killed for this but dean vs ziggler should main event. They just had this story line of how smackdown beat raw and took the most prized possession to smackdown. Not having it main event in favor of the new universal title would just kill everything they were trying to do with making the shows seem equal. Its the truth.
In an ideal world, given that the Brand Split has just started, it is important to not make either brand look superior going into the first dual-brand PPV of the Brand Split era. Thus, it is quite logical that since Brock vs Orton is the only crossover match on the card, and given it is between two of the bigger names on either roster, it should most definitely headline the PPV.