WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-26-2016, 09:06 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE SummerSlam: WWE World Championship - Deam Ambrose (c) VS Dolph Ziggler

On tonight's episode of SmackDown, Dolph Ziggler, surprisingly, won a 6 pack challenge by defeating John Cena, AJ Styles, Baron Corbin, Apollo Crews and Bray Wyatt to face Dean Ambrose at SummerSlam for the WWE World Championship.

From an overall perspective, the WWE Universal Championship already seems like a much more interesting match and will probably stay that way for a couple of reasons. For one reason, Finn Balor & Seth Rollins are two guys in the prime of their careers who both are completely fresh and considered two of the best in the world whereas Dolph Ziggler is sort of seen as a poor man's Shawn Michaels; he's a talented guy, but he's a guy that's sort of been a whipping boy for higher ups for years. For another reason, either Balor or Rollins will be the first ever WWE Universal Champion while at face value, most of us have already written Ziggler off when it comes to taking the title from Ambrose.

With that being said, if this is given a compelling build and storyline, it could still be a very entertaining match but I simply don't see it having the marquee value of Balor vs. Rollins.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:10 PM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Wot.

I can only think this is Vince sabotaging Smackdown on purpose to make sure RAW remains the flagship. Because there's no way in hell this main events over Balor/Rollins. I mean, does anyone actually care about this match? Does anyone think Ziggler is actually going to beat Dean Ambrose at Summerslam for the WWE Title in 2016? Not even Dolph thinks that.

I have no problem with two lads who are inexplicably over despite being a bit shit feuding at Summerslam over a title. It's just that I would prefer the title be the US title or something. It's what Ziggler does best.

Also he pinned AJ Styles when Apollo Crews and Baron Corbin were in the match. Jesus Vince.

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 07-26-2016, 09:20 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

The week of pandering to the internet continues. Smackdown closed with an image of Daniel Bryan raising the arms of Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler, who will be fighting for a World Title. After they went off the air I wonder if Bryan gently sucked on the nuts of a fat neck bearded loser while Meltzer and Alvarez yelled "5 stars! 5 stars!" I get that this is supposed to be a new era or whatever, but generally speaking you should build up to things and logicially elevate wrestlers, not throw guys that get little to no reaction into World Title matches when they were just working Baron Corbin on preshow matches two months ago.

This isn't believable and this isn't a draw. This is fucking stupid.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Dolph ziggler jobs for 2 years and we are supposed to believe that he is world title worthy. I wouldn't be surprised if this match opens summerslam or is at the first or second hour. Atleast Dean will probably have a longer title reign. I don't understand why it wasn't bray Wyatt. I don't understand them treating bray like garbage when after being on the roster for 3 years he atleast deserves a chance. Smackdown was garbage.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:57 PM
The LD Dweller

Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...Black Anaconda Vise worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Maybe this is like WWE's weird version of the "Tenzan's Last Chance" storyline. Too bad Dolph Ziggler is not Hiroyoshi Tenzan.

This should have been Wyatt. Baron and Apollo just aren't ready, Cena and AJ are doing their own thing. That leaves Wyatt, fresh off of a win against the top tag-team in the company right now and Ziggler, who wasn't even on the Battleground card.

The problem with Ziggler is that he's just not interesting anymore. He had a long, over-drawn feud with Corbin that turned lots of fans against him, he's been playing jobber to the stars, and he really hasn't meant much ever since winning the world championship in 2012, and arguablly the IC title in 2013 or 2014. Over/no selling aside, this match could be okay, but Balor/Rollins will definitely be the stronger of the 2 world title matches.

Also his name is stupid as fuck
Old 07-26-2016, 11:03 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
The week of pandering to the internet continues. Smackdown closed with an image of Daniel Bryan raising the arms of Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler, who will be fighting for a World Title. After they went off the air I wonder if Bryan gently sucked on the nuts of a fat neck bearded loser while Meltzer and Alvarez yelled "5 stars! 5 stars!" I get that this is supposed to be a new era or whatever, but generally speaking you should build up to things and logicially elevate wrestlers, not throw guys that get little to no reaction into World Title matches when they were just working Baron Corbin on preshow matches two months ago.

This isn't believable and this isn't a draw. This is fucking stupid.
Such a blatant lie, and shows your clear bias. Dolph Ziggler is one of the most over stars of the last decade. Dolph Ziggler is a DRAW. THIS is where Dolph Ziggler should be on the card - competing for World Championships in PPV main events, not jobbing to nobodies on the Kickoff Show. With Punk and Bryan both retired, Ziggler is one of the two biggest stars WWE has created in the past ten years, along with Seth Rollins.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:09 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Anaconda Vise View Post
Also his name is stupid as fuck

...And yet you like the name Finn Balor? Good lord, why is WrestleZone such an anti-Ziggler hate zone?
Old 07-26-2016, 11:40 PM

swallop is looking to come up from OCW...

This was freaking awesome a huge shock. WWE hasnt disappointed with the "change" they have been talking about. This will be an excellent wrestling match. If they build up dolphs superkick like it can win any match it will be even a better match. I would like to see dolph turn heel for this program and im sure he will no reason to have 2 faces, although ziggler got a massive reaction when he won. Hes always been better as a heel though.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:16 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It was an huge shock for me as I saw Dolph Ziggler pin AJ Styles to become the new No. 1 contendee for Dean Ambrose's WWE World Championship.

This push would have been much logical when Ziggler was the only person who survived in Survivor Series against the Authority. But WWE missed a great opportunity out there.

I really don't like "all of a sudden" push. I do like Ziggler but his booking in meaningless matches has depleted my interest in him.

Still I am optimistic for this match. And Ziggler shouldn't win this match. It's a nice way to give the rub to Ambrose although it's credibility is par.

Still I would have preferred Bray Wyatt.
Old 07-27-2016, 12:45 AM
Unregistered User
WWE Diva's Champion

lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...

I like it.

People always complain about the same old shit and when something unpredictable happens they turn into fuckin Vince himself with a million reasons why we should go back to the same old shit. I agree that it's kind of sudden for him to go from jobber to WWE Title #1 Contender but fuck it. He's over and they could explain it as a sort of lucky streak for him. How much logic are you really expecting from fake fighting, let alone WWE who has become king off of stories that don't make long term sense?

Just sit back and let it play out.

Personally I don't see Dolph having a chance in hell to win but who knows...someone could come out and interfere and cost Dean the match and Dolph gets a month or two as a thank you reign and acknowledgement that he's consistently been over for the past few years.

I like it...simply because I don't know what's gonna happen next on either show. That's the first time in a long time you can say that in the WWE. Just let it happen. I'm sure by January things will be back to normal and we'll be able to predict the storylines until Summerslam 2017 again so enjoy some unpredictability for once. SmackDown needs more main event talent and there's no reason why they should force Apollo or Baron into that spot yet when you have someone who is already over and has not much time in their prime left to still be used as a main event talent.