WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-05-2016, 07:06 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default WWE Summerslam 2016 General Discussion & Reviews

Last night on Raw, WWE announced that Brock Lesnar's Summerslam opponent would be revealed on Thursday night, or, if you're one of my Canadian brethren, on Wednesday night Smackdown. Seems a wee bit early to me to name the opponent almost two months in advance, but, I'm assuming they have some sort of plan... hopefully. I think it would have been smart of them to wait until after his UFC fight on Saturday to gauge who would be the best fit for Brock at Summerslam but it is what it is. At least it gives me a real reason to watch SD this week.

I was pretty adamant that he was going to get a title shot following his appearance at UFC 200, and my opinion hasn't really changed all that much. I can see them naming him the number one contender for one of the titles (assuming they split them before Summerslam). I just wonder how they would logically present that to the fans...

Who do y'all think it's going to be?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

I agree with this, I don't get why they couldn't have waited a week to do that. By doing this, they are painted themselves into a corner because you don't know what's going to happen in his fight against mark hunt on sunday. What if lesnar gets seriously injured and gets a 60 days medical suspension. What then, you can't have him wrestled anymore since the new york athletic comission pretty said it that they will theat lesnar as a fighter and not a pro wrestler and it won't allow lesnar to wrestle at summerslam if las vegas suspend him, which would put them in an akward position.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:43 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
Last night on Raw, WWE announced that Brock Lesnar's Summerslam opponent would be revealed on Thursday night, or, if you're one of my Canadian brethren, on Wednesday night Smackdown. Seems a wee bit early to me to name the opponent almost two months in advance, but, I'm assuming they have some sort of plan... hopefully. I think it would have been smart of them to wait until after his UFC fight on Saturday to gauge who would be the best fit for Brock at Summerslam but it is what it is. At least it gives me a real reason to watch SD this week.
Yeah, I think that's a logical assumption. While we don't know for a fact that each brand will have its own World Champion, they do seem to be heading in that direction now that the WWE WHC is simply being referred to as the WWE Championship once again. I'm guessing that Lesnar and his SummerSlam opponent will square off to determine who becomes this new World Champion and maybe they'll officially announce that there's going to be a second World Championship at tonight's tapings. For instance, maybe they'll decide to feed Roman Reigns to Lesnar at SummerSlam, give Lesnar a massively dominant win as part of his punishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYDK View Post
I was pretty adamant that he was going to get a title shot following his appearance at UFC 200, and my opinion hasn't really changed all that much. I can see them naming him the number one contender for one of the titles (assuming they split them before Summerslam). I just wonder how they would logically present that to the fans...

Who do y'all think it's going to be?
Logic has had little to do with how Lesnar has been presented to fans since his return to WWE. It's all been about using Lesnar as a special attraction and having him decimate anyone put in front of him. It's not been about logic, it's been about Lesnar getting special treatment and it's one of the reasons why a lot of hardcore fans resent him. After all, let's say that Lesnar does challenge for the new World Championship, if one is going to be created, and he wins it, then we'll be in the same spot as a few years ago in which Lesnar shows up to wrestle once every 3 to 4 months.

It's getting to the point where I almost don't really wanna see Lesnar at SummerSlam because WWE all but telegraphs the ending: Lesnar is so dominant that nobody can stand against him. Rather than use this as an opportunity to possibly give some younger talent who may be helping carry the company for the next decade a huge rub, it'll probably be the same old story.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It's an angle, I expect somebody like Kalisto to be announced only for his real opponent to emerge when Lesnar makes his next Raw appearance.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

The outcome of Lesnar's fight with Hunt isn't that important. Ideally he wins so everything is ok in the world but losing is not that big of a deal. UFC and pro wrestling are two completely different universes.

Plus, if he does get hurt at least you got a few more views on this week's SD.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 07-05-2016, 09:28 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
It's an angle, I expect somebody like Kalisto to be announced only for his real opponent to emerge when Lesnar makes his next Raw appearance.
How far into the atmosphere do you think Brock Lesnar could throw Kalisto? Stratosphere at least.

It'll be Orton, which will be great. Mainly because if he stops giving a shit a quarter way through his match like he does most of the time, Brock will murder him.

See:

Bumping like a boss.

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 07-05-2016, 10:21 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I just hope Lesnar loses his UFC fight, and loses badly. A decisive loss there would shatter the casual fans' illusion that WWE has built up, where nobody in the universe is capable of standing up to the invincible Brock Lesnar. Once that illusion is shattered, WWE might actually have something worthwhile with Lesnar, since they can book him to lose clean without having casual fans whine and complain.

As for the SummerSlam opponent, I hope it's Randy Orton. We never got to see that match after Orton became a star. A clean win over Lesnar (which is what SHOULD happen if it's Lesnar/Orton) would give Orton tons of momentum for his return and push him back into the main event ranks instantly. Orton should return on the Draft episode and be one of the top picks for SmackDown, while Lesnar gets taken by RAW, making their match the first huge interpromotional match (which should only happen at the Big Four PPVs).
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 AM
Knockout Champion

S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...S.J. Maximus worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to S.J. Maximus

I'm definitely in the camp that believes that this announcement should've been held off until after UFC 200, it's an overzealous and bold move on WWE's part. As for the announcement itself, I guess we can read spoilers tonight or wait until Weds/Thurs (depending on where in the world you live) to see what they do with the segment and who they announce.

Another title shot is unnecessary at this point IMO, mostly because I think his last reign and Rock's reign 3 years ago brought a lot of criticism for not having the champ appear every week. Brock has been bigger than the belt ever since he ended the Streak and I don't think the outcome of UFC 200 is going to change that. If they announce Randy Orton it will be one of the most bittersweet moments of my wrestling fandom because that's a dream matchup I've lobbied for ever since Brock returned in 2012 but I opted not to buy tickets to this year's SummerSlam in my homestate of New York due to the disappointment of my experiences at last year's show.

Still though, I'd love to see this confrontation finally go down and we can only wonder if Orton's surgically repaired neck and shoulders will be able to handle the punishment that is Suplex City. Makes for some interesting television and gives Orton the best possible momentum for his return if they decide to go this route.

"It's not arrogance; It's destiny."

Last edited by S.J. Maximus : 07-05-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:31 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I kind of wonder if WWE thinks this will boost Smackdown ratings, when most of the world has the internet, and sure a lot of people won't read spoilers, but Im not sitting through RAW Rewind for 2 hours to see what direction they're going to take this story.

Because they're announcing it on a taped show, it's not going to be some major debut/redebut sadly.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:57 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Brock Lesnar & Summerslam

If you ask me, this years Summerslam will be very interesting. For one, we will be coming fresh off of the brand split and the product should be good in the beginning so we will probably get a great show.

The second reason is Brock Lesnar. He will be coming out of a fight in the UFC after making his return to the octagon. He may very well win his match and he may aldo lose the match. Either way, we have an interesting story atcour hands.

If Brock wins, who does he face at SS? Does he become the monster who desimates his opponents or does he give another star a huge rub by losing?

If Brock loses, who does he face at SS? Does he come in looking to beat some ass or is the storyline of has the beast gone sawft? Does he lose his WWE match?

Who does he face?

1) Bray Wyatt
2) Randy Orton
3) Cesaro
4) Baron Corbin

1) Bray might be the most obvious choice as he has had an on and off feud with the beast for quite sometime now and deserves a proper blow off.

2) Orton is speculated to be back by SS and to me this is a dream match which I would love to see. Imagine an F5 into an RKO! The Viper Vs. The Beast just sells itself.

3) Cesaro deserves it. Cesaro constantly puts on his best performance and has really found himself as of late and is very over with the crowd. There are pieces you can use like the Paul Heyman guys but thats too old to touch back on. I think Beast Vs. Superman sounds amazing and the should be awesome as well. One of the only men I see throwing Brock around is Cesaro.

4) Baron Corbin is probably making all of you want to close this window right now. But think about it. Corbin is a young up and coming brawler looking to assert himself as the new generations wolf. The styles match well and Corbin gets a huge rub, even in a losing effort.