WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > General Wrestling Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 07-20-2016, 12:05 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Former Wrestlers Sue WWE

According to this link, WWE Brain Injury Lawsuit, former wrestlers are suing the WWE due to cranial damage received while they were performing for the company.

The WWE's response to the allegations, as noted in the cited article, is this:

Quote:
this is another ridiculous attempt by the same attorney who has previously filed class action lawsuits against WWE, both of which have been dismissed. A federal judge has already found that this lawyer made patently false allegations about WWE, and this is more of the same. We're confident this lawsuit will suffer the same fate as his prior attempts and be dismissed.
So basically, no answer as to whether or not they've provided proper care for their employees.

The full list of names suing the WWE:

Old 07-21-2016, 06:31 AM
The Phenom of WZ
WCW TV Champion

SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...SSJPhenom scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to SSJPhenom

I feel for the WWE in this one. All that has to happen is one of them, just one of them have to prove that the WWE was aware of their concussion and either continued to let them perform or actually asked them to continue performing. Just one and the sad part about it is that it doesn't have to be VKM that knew about it or whatever. It could be some mid management guy and the WWE would still be liable. Fortunately for WWE, though, the burden of proof is not on them to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLegend View Post
Thus why I'd let a girl put on a strap-on and get in there. You only live once.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:39 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

A ridiculous suit, as Meltzer and Alvarez tore down this week on the Observer.

If you want to make a case for guys like Sylvain Grenier and Heidenreich, fine. But guys like Slick and Dave Hebner? Fuck off. Unless Pat Patterson was caving road agents' skulls in before episodes of Superstars, what basis do they have for their suit?

Also keeping in mind guys like Earl Hebner and Chavo Guerrero are still working today, the latter of whom is an agent for Lucha Underground and still does unprotected chair shots to the head on the show, despite being in a position to stop it, like WWE did about NINE years ago.

A lot of the guys on the list worked other places, with brief cups of coffee in WWE. To prove they sustained any meaningful damage under the auspices of WWE is going to be very difficult.

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 07-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Is it a coincidence that none of those guys are required by WWE for padding out future Hall of Fame classes and nobody would care much if they appeared on an old school Raw? Largely they're just guys you'd remember if you watched them at the time and this could be their last opportunity to make some money.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:00 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't see a whole ton of credibility regarding this list. Guys like Slick and Earl Hebner suffered cranial trauma while working in WWE? Seriously? A manager and a referee? This whole thing feels like a scheme on the part of wrestlers and various over the hill personalities who were never major players in WWE to score a big payday.

The credibility of this case isn't helped by the fact that the attorney for this case was reamed out by a judge for untrue allegations in the past. This guy has tried to sue WWE a number of times in the past.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 07-21-2016, 09:03 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

If you are sympathetic to the former NFL players like Jim McMahon and Junior Seau you have to have some sympathy for these guys as well. None of us can deny WWE's schedule and old skool attitude of "losing your spot". Ignorance on WWE's part and the fact that these guys are independent contractors are only so much of a defense. It is reasonable for WWE to share in some of the damage for these guys. It is worth discussion and judgement.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:21 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I mean, there is some basis to this if they can prove that WWE ignored these wrestlers' injuries and willingly sent them out to wrestle hurt while they were still with the company. I just think it's going to be ridiculously difficult to undoubtedly prove that and WWE's lawyers are going to have a field day with this.

Question. Is WWE still responsible for their talents' health even after said talent leaves the company? If not, this is a pretty flimsy argument no matter how many names they get to sign on for this.

Last edited by OYDK : 07-21-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
WWE Women's Champion

MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantaur Rodeo Clown View Post
A ridiculous suit, as Meltzer and Alvarez tore down this week on the Observer.

If you want to make a case for guys like Sylvain Grenier and Heidenreich, fine. But guys like Slick and Dave Hebner? Fuck off. Unless Pat Patterson was caving road agents' skulls in before episodes of Superstars, what basis do they have for their suit?
Just wanted you to bear in mind that referee's and managers both take bumps as well. Depending on how willing the guy is, and how good they are, quite a few.

Remember the Hogan/Andre match on the Main Event with the evil Hebner twin angle? Remember the end where Hogan overthrows Earl over Dibiase and Virgil so they couldn't catch him? Earl came down pretty hard on that barely protected concrete floor? It wouldn't shock me one bit if he got a concussion from that angle, and was out on the road the very next night.

That is just how it went back then.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:28 PM
WWE Women's Champion

MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...MrMojoRisin worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviousdominous View Post
According to this link, WWE Brain Injury Lawsuit, former wrestlers are suing the WWE due to cranial damage received while they were performing for the company.

The WWE's response to the allegations, as noted in the cited article, is this:

So basically, no answer as to whether or not they've provided proper care for their employees.

The full list of names suing the WWE:

The one thing that gets me with this is the number of guys who had barely any, or zero time spent working with the WWE.

Sabu - maybe worked briefly for WWE, but that was after years of extreme style wrestling across the globe for everyone but WWE
Axl Rotten - same deal. In his case, he even owned his own promotion where he had zero regard for his physical well being
Don Leo Jonathan - Would have never worked for Vince Jr, Capitol Sports, or anything associated with WWE today. Plus in his day, State Athletic Commissioner regulated wrestling and would have been responsible for him being allowed to compete
Rod Price - to the best of my knowledge, never even worked once for WWE as even an enhancement talent. The most I remember of him and WWE, is that at one time, there was talk of him coming in to work with Austin... and nothing ever came of it.
Larry Oliver - Worked the territories for decades, and I think maybe had a handful of enhancement matches with WWE in the late 80's. The closest of this list to having any type of a case

There are some legitimate cases on that list, but the ones I listed above should have never been included. They just drag everything down with the most dubious claims.
Old 07-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
The one thing that gets me with this is the number of guys who had barely any, or zero time spent working with the WWE.
That's one thing I have to give to the WWE as well. We all know that there was a time when concussions were shrugged off like petty annoyances, but when a guy like Slick is suing them I get a little suspicious. I don't recall Slick ever taking a hard bump.

There's also people like (rest his soul) Axl Rotten who were with the WWE for only about half a year. I have a hard time blaming the WWE for damage that was done to someone who was willing to take furniture staples to the forehead for a disreputable independent promotion.

I was snarky in my assessment of their response to the lawsuit, but I'd be pretty dumbfounded if I was a Titansports exec looking at the list of plantiffs.