WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > The WrestleZone Forum Archives > The Wrestling Archives > "Best Two Series"
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-14-2009, 05:09 AM
Global Moderator
ECW Champion

jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...jmt225 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Whenever I think of Hulk Hogan's greatest match, I think of a match that never took place like it was suppose to. And I'm talking about Hulk Hogan vs. Bret Hart. If that would've gone down as planned, I truly feel it would've ended up being Hulk Hogan's greatest match. It's one of my biggest disappointments that this match never took place. But, since it didn't, the other matches I would have to choose are:

Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania 18

The crowd, drama, unpredictability, excitement, action, false finishes, ect. are all what makes this match, in my opinion, Hogan's greatest match ever. This match was something you thought had the major potential of being crap and a huge letdown since it was being build as the biggest match in wrestling history, but, in a rare occasion in pro wrestling, this match actually lived up to the hype. Hell, it exceeded it. And it's just a match I can sit down and enjoy it every time I watch it. It never gets old, like most of Hogan's matches do after you see it enough times.

Hulk Hogan & Brutas "The Barber" Beefcake w/Miss Elizabeth vs. "Macho Man" Randy Savage & Zeus w/Sensational Sherri - Summerslam 1989

I don't care what anybody says, this match was pure fucking entertainment from start to finish. Hogan/Savage was just a great storyline and it shows Savage's and Hogan's talent to have such a tremendous match even though both their tag partners were terrible in the ring. However, while bad in the ring, Brutas and Zeus had fun characters to root for and to hate. And then you throw in the Elizabeth and Sherri factor (who were both used to perfection in this match), the match just ended up being fifteen minutes of fun.

sendpm.gif
Old 01-18-2009, 10:08 AM
The Big Boss
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

8thwotwATG is looking to come up from OCW...8thwotwATG is looking to come up from OCW...

This is an interesting question to pose, especially since the Hulk has had a great number of memorable matches. I'm going to list two here that have already been said here:
1.) Hulk Hogan v. The Iron Shiek
This match was on the short side, and is in no way Hogan's best in ring performance, but it begs inclusion here because it signified the start of what was most likely the greatest run as top draw in the history of the business. There's still nothing to top the birth of Hulkamania.
Hulk Hogan v. Andre the Giant
The two most famous wrestlers of their era stepped into the ring to put on one of the most memorable shows of the early Wrestlemania era. The reasons for this matches inclusion for me, among others, are the passage of the torch from Andre to Hogan as the top man in the business, and the fact that while the match was not a technical masterpiece, the psycology and storytelling of the match were top notch.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2009, 12:00 PM
Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Undisputed WWE Champion

NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...NSL is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm going to go with Hogan v. Warrior, when Warrior became the IC and WWE Champ. It's one of my all time favorite matches, and was great from beginning to end. It was a rare match where no one knew who to root for.

My 2nd match would be Hogan v. Savage in the match where Savage though Hogan wanted Elizabeth. It had the same atmosphere as the Warrior match, and was a classic. Just like the Warrior match, I didn't know who to root for.

You really can't go wrong with a whole number of matches. Narrowing it down to 2 is tough...

CREDIT: DAVE
sendpm.gif
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Old School
WWE Diva's Champion

agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...agentmichaelscarn worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Send a message via AIM to agentmichaelscarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShiftLoser View Post
I'm going to go with Hogan v. Warrior, when Warrior became the IC and WWE Champ. It's one of my all time favorite matches, and was great from beginning to end. It was a rare match where no one knew who to root for.

My 2nd match would be Hogan v. Savage in the match where Savage though Hogan wanted Elizabeth. It had the same atmosphere as the Warrior match, and was a classic. Just like the Warrior match, I didn't know who to root for.

You really can't go wrong with a whole number of matches. Narrowing it down to 2 is tough...

Those are my two as well. You could argue that Hogan may have had better pure wrestling matches than that but those two matches just had "it". They had an aura about them that seperated them from the rest. Not to mention they were both very good in their own right which is the difference than the Hogan Andre match. That obviously had the atmosphere and an aura but it just wasnt a good enough match to warrant being in the top 2.

With Wrestlemania 5 the atmosphere was electric, watching both men come down to the ring with a whole slew of security surrounding them just added to the aura of it. It just seemed like a heavyweight boxing match or something. Both guys put on a show too. And then Hogan winning and his celebrating in the ring with the whole Trump Plaza going nuts made it even better.

Same thing with the Warrior match. You had the two biggest faces in the company and the two most over guys in the company going at it. Nobody knew who was going to win and the entire crowd was on the edge of their seat the whole match which is obviously what you want in a match. On a side note Hogan pre match promo might have been the best of all time. My only knock on this match though was the finish, I thought it was pretty weak and unbelievable for Hogan to get pinned by something as weak as that considering all the things he kicked out from throughout the years. Still a great match though.
sendpm.gif
Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...pyrusane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Interesting thread. It is undeniable that Hogan did more to bring wrestling to the mainstream than any other in-ring performer could have ever dreamed of. Unfortunately, I think that in many ways he also did more to damage professional wrestling than anyone else, for all the same reasons that made him so over for so long. Therefore, my picks are:

1) Hogan vs. Iron Sheik This match was the beginning of an era, not just for Hulkamania but for professional wrestling as a whole. Never before had the wrestling world been capable of presenting a star that could capture the interest of not just hardcore or even casual fans, but of the general, non-wrestling viewing public.

Ask someone who has never watched a single wrestling match to name five professional wrestlers: some may mention Ric Flair, or the Rock, or maybe Austin, but I bet almost every single one would name Hulk Hogan without even having to think about it. His legacy seemed almost impossible to tarnish. Which is why I believe his second biggest match, unfortunately, would have to be:

2) Hogan vs Kevin Nash, The Fingerpoke of Doom Obviously this is not a classic match, the wrestling was, well, non-existent, and it certainly will never be remembered with any of his great ones. This match, more than any other, showed how little regard Hogan had for the fans that made him the icon he once was. He took what little credibility he still had and, with one poke of the finger, threw it all away. Pathetic.

This is my first post here ever, please go easy on me...

Last edited by pyrusane : 01-20-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo
sendpm.gif
Old 02-24-2009, 11:48 PM

brak88 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrusane View Post

2) Hogan vs Kevin Nash, The Fingerpoke of Doom Obviously this is not a classic match, the wrestling was, well, non-existent, and it certainly will never be remembered with any of his great ones. This match, more than any other, showed how little regard Hogan had for the fans that made him the icon he once was. He took what little credibility he still had and, with one poke of the finger, threw it all away. Pathetic.
I don't know, I prefer his match vs. Jarret at BATB 2000. The storytelling in it is amazing, I actually believed what was happening was real for a minute.
sendpm.gif