WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Non-Wrestling Non Spam Sections > The Media Hub
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Sketch Comedy!

Sometimes it's not enough to listen to a comedian relate their humorous perspectives using just a stage and a microphone, we want to see those whimsical anecdotes played out so we can feel more immersed in the wackiness.

I'm going to bump this thread every Tuesday with an example, but hopefully some hidden gems of funny are shared so we can make Tuesday look less like the most mundane day of the week (the only exception being Mardi Gras). If I add a skit explanation, it will be in spoilers because sometimes they ruin the skit.

Here's a Mr. Show bit that's fun:

Click for Spoiler:
David Cross explained in the DVD commentary for this season of Mr. Show that the idea for the skit came from a common party prank where one would do exactly as the Queen did in this bit, the pay-off being when everyone is standing around asking "Why isn't anyone else leaving?"

That bit left me the exact opposite of bedrowsed! I need something slightly less "HA HA!" funny and more "Uh huh" funny.

I need The Two Ronnies (and John Cleese):

Old 07-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

The skit that made the term "splunge" into a household word, in my household that is. Classic Monty Python to help this post-holiday Tuesday.

Some bits make me crack up, and make everyone else confused. Eugene Levy, on SCTV, plays a guy who just can't stop moving while he's desperately trying to sell you mundane objects.

Old 07-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Canada is funny and anyone who doesn't think so is a jackass. I'll hopefully convert any proud jackasses lurking about by forcing them to watch this classic featuring Alanis Morissette doing a puke take.

I'd stomp those jackass critics of Canadian sketch comedy into pavement paste if they could ever figure out that I was picking a fight with them. The world's coolest homosexual, Scott Thompson, demonstrates what these dim-witted jackasses behave like. Jackasses!

Old 07-19-2016, 02:05 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

The undisputed king of sketch comedy was none other than Chris Farley. It's hard to believe that such a natural talent would have had humble beginnings, until one watches this sketch:

In honor of the theme of not doing things that you're not supposed to do, the following sketch is a great idea for remedial training for some of our users with dirty minds:

Old 07-26-2016, 11:19 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

You know, I haven't posted a sketch based on obnoxious security guards in a while now. Here's one!

It's also been a very long time since I posted anything involving Chris Farley. To take advantage of all the drama surrounding the US election, here's a vid of Chris Farley as Newt Gingrich presiding over Congress. Also; Sonny Bono.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Song lyrics have been a hot topic on the forums recently, and it got me thinking about how annoying it is when they're sung improperly. The Vacant Lot wrote a super skit about this subject, but unfortunately the video quality is forever stuck in the year 1995.

Awww sheee-yat, it almost looked like a fight was going to break out there. Fights usually end up in lots of inappropriate touching, as seen in this real-time documentary on the subject starring Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key:

Old 08-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Sometimes comedy is very educational, and in this skit God himself shares his eternal wisdom for our stupid brains:

Meanwhile; some stupid forsaken human beings were up to this:

Old 08-16-2016, 10:47 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Dating sucks! Just ask Bill Nye.

Why date when you can just go to a bar and try your luck? It worked for Bert.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:57 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

Sometimes skits are taped, and editing errors completely ruin the entire sketch! The following is a cautionary example of how badly that can go:

Mistakes are the product of subconscious uncertainty, like when you're not quite sure if you have to go to the bathroom and you end up pooping your pants. Also, the Beatles:

Old 08-31-2016, 02:22 PM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

People tend to stop me on the street and ask "Where do you get all those cool videos for your sketch comedy thread on the Wrestlezone Forums!?" I always respond by referring them to this video:

But I have to show sketch comedy videos in pairs, because Jeremy Irons: