WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-23-2016, 11:09 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by
Default Could a small stint in NXT revive Swagger's WWE Career?

Or would he ultimately end up as another Alex Riley?

Jack Swagger has been one of my favorites to watch in WWE. There's just something about him that, to me, screams champion and it's something that I'm disappointed in WWE over. Now I get it. WWE has a lot more talent now than ever before, and that includes the Attitude Era. There are downright megastars entering the WWE that makes it hard to push people like they could've in the past. Guys like Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, and Hideo Itami are all chomping at the bits in NXT while others like AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Roman Reigns, and Cesaro are trying to prove that they belong as the WWE's lead conductor... and on top of that you've still got John Cena, Randy Orton, The Miz, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, and other former world champions still wanting to stay relevant. So needless to say, the talent pool is fat for the WWE. And I get why currently can't push a guy like Swagger on the main roster. But could possibly pushing him down to NXT where he can either A) Start pushing for an American Alpha stable with Jordan and Cable or B) Be put into the Main Event spot and hold things down as guys like Joe, Aries, Balor, and Nakamura get brought to the main roster?

Or would it be best for Swagger to just call it a day and head on over to TNA or even ROH?
Proud #BellaArmy Member
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:15 AM
X-Pac Rules
Knockout Champion

Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...Mantaur Rodeo Clown is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Unless a stint in NXT also manages to make Swagger 10 years younger and un-arrest him for a DUI, probably not. He could go down there and have some great matches, but it's not going to launch him back to the main event.

Swagger is one of the glorious Lost Boys, a generation of Big Johnny DSW/FCW rejects caught between the NXT era and the OVW era. He'll never be anything but a solid hand that jobs to Rusev. Seriously, you could set your watch to those squashes.

Underrated wrestler, and actually had a better match with Zayn on NXT than Cesaro did. Unfortunately, Real Americans was his last peak and being a Swaggie fan is now suffering.

"The Backstage Phenom" Sin Cara: 3-0 in Catering
Old 06-23-2016, 01:03 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Jack Swagger is one of the best talents in WWE, but is part of a generation also including The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, and Sheamus, where their time to be main eventers was completely skipped over. An entire era of talent was robbed of their opportunities that were instead given to the guys coming in after them. What WWE did to them was wrong, but they're clearly never going to give those guys a fair chance. What happened to them was basically as if WWE went from the Hulkamania Era to the Attitude Era, and completely skipped over The New Generation Era. Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Yokozuna, etc., would have never gotten to be stars, and that's what happened to Swagger, Ziggler, Miz, Del Rio, and Sheamus. Their time at the top came and went in the blink of an eye, despite the fact that they're far superior to most of the talents who were given the pushes that should have gone to them.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:41 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...wrestler36 is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't think NXT is the answer. The brand split may put him in a better position and provide him with new opportunities. New feuds, and maybe a returning Kurt Angle can be something special. Some sort of 'I'm more american than you' feud.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:52 PM

Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...Kamala316 is looking to come up from OCW...

Jack Swagger is a complete waste of a big frame (just like Luke Gallows), and I'm truly amazed he stayed employed for so long, and received as many pushes with different titles as he did. For lack of a better word, he is awkward in the ring - when he takes a punch or kick, there always is a slight hesitation or awkward movement. When he runs, he looks like he's trying to sprint, when it's really a slow gallop. And whatever that thing is that he does when he comes to the ring (double fists to the chest with his mouth open) is beyond stupid. I'm not even going to comment on his abilities on the mic, because I'm trying to just stick with his physical attributes. But I think the only reason he got picked up was because he is an Oklahoma boy, and probably enjoys a certain type of barbecue sauce.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:45 PM

ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...ComeOnVince is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestler36 View Post
I don't think NXT is the answer. The brand split may put him in a better position and provide him with new opportunities. New feuds, and maybe a returning Kurt Angle can be something special. Some sort of 'I'm more american than you' feud.
I agree with this. With the split, one would assume more exposure for some of these guys instead of the same handful dominating both shows. I think a Jack Swagger among others will somewhat benefit from this.

I for one don't give two turds for Jack Swagger. He is a mid-to-low-carder who kind of had his day in the sun already. In fact, I think the fact that he even sniffed a WHC feud was more than he deserved. The most entertaining I ever found Swagger was when Colter was his handler. So. I was really entertained by Colter. Swagger just happened to be standing there.

If he were to do NXT, he would have to completely repackage and manage to come up with something that covers up his lack of natural charisma and lackluster character. Also, cutting that flop haircut would be an excellent start.

He is good in the ring, no doubt, but we know that it takes more than that in the WWE. For me, anyway. A guy's either got to have some ability to stand out other than great ring skills. Take Brock Lesnar for example. His mic work is awful. But his very presence is enough to make him stand out. His amateur accomplishments as well as his short UFC career eliminate the need for great mic skills. Enter Paul Heyman. problem solved.

Now look at Roman Reigns. Adequate in the ring, terrible on the mic. Has a good look, but is a statue when it comes to promos, not only on the stick but also with body language. So a lot of us crapped on that. Maybe it's the system -- we've had moments of what looked like some natural charisma from Roman. But not many.

Bret Hart. Great technical wrestler, and attitude dripping out of his pores.. most of it bad. Not great on the mic, but more than adequate. So the good outweighs the bad.

So on and so forth. FOR ME, an interesting/entertaining character needs more than just ring skill, which Swagger has plenty of. But that's about it.

So unless he's going down to completely repackage, I think a solid midcard spot on Smackdown is about perfect for ol' Jackie.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:57 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Swagger is only 34, so he's quite a ways off from being shuttled off to the old wrestlers' home. Swagger's a strong worker inside the ring but there are lots of guys in WWE who can make that same claim who also haven't been around primarily doing nothing for the last 8 years. I think Swagger's last best chance for success came with Zeb Coulter and he screwed that up himself by getting arrested for DUI and drug possession back in 2013.

There are guys on the main roster or in NXT who're generating far, far more buzz than Swagger and are simply fresher. On the mic, Swagger's lisp bugs the crap out of me; I know it's not his fault, but that doesn't really change anything. Unless Swagger has ultimately accepted his place in WWE, his only real shot to breathe new life into his career would be to try his luck elsewhere and I just don't see him doing it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-23-2016, 06:53 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Swagger will be little more than a jobber at this point. If he really wants to rejuvenate his career, he needs to go to a place like Japan or Europe where his amateur skills will help him. And, he could be much more appreciated in a place like Inoki Genome, where it is a mix of puroresu and MMA. Hell, he might even think of going the MMA route by joining WSOF or Ballator. Lashley vs Hager, anyone?
Old 06-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

NXT couldn't hurt him. It'd be a fresh start (possibly a chance for a new persona ala Emma), and the Full Sail crowd would likely give him a warm reception. That still doesn't mean NXT will make him a big deal. Swagger in Orlando would likely be similar to Zack Ryder and Alex Riley: a platform to shine a bit brighter, but ultimately doesn't change his overall standing in the company.

Swagger still has value as a jobber who can have a solid match with basically anyone. Someone has to fill that role, and it'll keep him employed for the foreseeable future. But if Jack has higher career aspirations, he needs to jump to TNA or another promotion in general because WWE is probably never going to push him as anything major again.

Overall, I have a hard time feeling sorry for his plight because WWE gave him a huge opportunity and Jack royally screwed it up for himself. I firmly believe he would have beaten Del Rio at WM 29 if not for his DUI/drug charge. Granted, that was over three years ago and perhaps shouldn't hang over his career forever. Even so, there's still little reason to push him that hard again given the plethora of wrestlers superior to him.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:40 AM
WCW TV Champion

GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...GameOver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I only saw one thing in him and that was a small glint of Kurt Angle being the "american hero" and using the same finisher otherwise he's never done anything worthy, he can't talk for shite, he's "ok" in the ring but doesn't have a great presence.

Sending him to NXT do nothing for him, it would help the brand with an extra curtain jerker on the roster however.