WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default Why do it at Battleground?

Most wrestling fans have been waiting for a Shield triple threat match since the band broke up awhile ago. It was looking like Ambrose vs either Seth or Roman at Battleground for the WWE Heavyweight Championship, then the big Shield explosion for the Summerslam main event....logical right?

But we are getting that Summerslam main event at Battleground, I repeat Battleground...not Summerslam...not Royal Rumble or even Survivor Series....Battleground...lol... I don't get it. Why tarnish that match by having it early? Why not save the Shield Explodes for Summerslam? Brand split or not, it should have been written in stone. It didn't even have to be the main event, who knows, maybe Kurt Angle will be on the roster by Summerslam.

Its a poor choice in my eyes, and reeks of desperation to sell the event.

Last edited by Jeff Deliverer of Mail : 06-20-2016 at 10:49 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:44 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

If they had it at SummerSlam and not Battleground, people would just complain they treat their B PPVs as just that. Now we know what side you're on.

Besides, this has potential to turn into a great spin off storyline. I don't see a big deal at all. But hey, wrestling fans always need something to complain about.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:46 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
If they had it at SummerSlam and not Battleground, people would just complain they treat their B PPVs as just that. Now we know what side you're on.

Besides, this has potential to turn into a great spin off storyline. I don't see a big deal at all. But hey, wrestling fans always need something to complain about.
Well they are B PPVs, so they should treat them like that.

Why not Ambrose vs. Jericho/HHH at Battleground and then the Shield Triple Threat at SummerSlam?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:50 PM
Knockout Champion

rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Why not at Battleground? For one it is nice to see the event shaping up as mkre than a basic filler event. Plus we approaching the Brand Split and draft that could be a complete game changer for WWE. As fans we have very a little real understanding of what is headed our way.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:53 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

There is an A PPV and the rest are all B PPVs. Even more telling that they all cost the same. WWE wants to maintain their Network numbers. Blowing off a month is bad for business. Plus The Shield triple threat idea has been hyped and predicted for so long that it has lost some of it's drawing power.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 06-20-2016, 11:06 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Battleground: WWE Championship - Ambrose (c) VS Reigns VS Rollins

The main event for Battleground is a triple threat match between the three former Shield members with Ambrose defending his newly won title against Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins.

It's a bit of a surprise that they're going with the triple threat so early. I figured that Reigns would win tonight, would face Ambrose at Battleground, Ambrose would retain and face Rollins at SummerSlam or, possibly, on an episode of Raw or SmackDown as part of setting up the eventual triple threat to take place at SummerSlam. Anyhow, keep it all here.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 06-20-2016, 11:46 PM

jholcomb22 is looking to come up from OCW...jholcomb22 is looking to come up from OCW...jholcomb22 is looking to come up from OCW...

Having this match at Battleground works well. The other option would have been having the match from Raw tonight happen at Battleground and Ambrose fight in some overly predictable Roadblock type of match. This way we get something meaningful, and they can still have plenty of important matches at Summerslam.

Also, nobody really knows what the brand split will bring yet. This could be the match to set up which Champion ends up on what show. Maybe, by Summerslam we will have 2 Champions again and therefore the triple threat match will be unnecessary if the Shield members are on 2 different shows and 2 of them are Champs.

Lastly, I think injuries are a concern. I wouldn't be surprised if this match was penciled in for WrestleMania last year before Seth got injured. Why take the risk and put it off another month. If one of the three were to get injured, they would lose another opportunity. This way, they at least get it in once, and there's no reason they cant do it again in the future.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:37 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...

Also, nobody really knows what the brand split will bring yet. This could be the match to set up which Champion ends up on what show. Maybe, by Summerslam we will have 2 Champions again and therefore the triple threat match will be unnecessary if the Shield members are on 2 different shows and 2 of them are Champs.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BULLSEYE!!! It's clear that Ambrose will retain and get drafted to Smackdown, while Reigns and Rollins will continue their feud on Raw.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:56 AM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

Why do people act like a big moment like this should be saved? Strike when the iron is hot. Hogan's heel turn didn't happen at Starrcade. The Undisputed Champion wasn't crowned at Wrestlemania. This is a great way to headline a ppv that has produced less than stellar results in the past. I'm excited. Boo the naysayers.
Old 06-21-2016, 01:28 AM

yourdamnluck is looking to come up from OCW...

A shield triple threat match at a smaller PPV will keep the expectations from rising to unrealistic levels. That way the match even if it's not a five star match won't feel like a big letdown.
The brand split is close and I don't think all the shield guys will be in the same brand after that and even if they did, with two world titles in the business this match won't be as special as it is now.