WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 06-04-2016, 10:54 PM

thestud77 sold outthestud77 sold out
Default So I guess Vince has really lost it

Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE? What if Brock loses? Some people are saying this is a trade of some sorts so expect to see Rhonda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rhonda Rousey? Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime. This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:29 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

No reports are so sure that why or how this actually is happening. A year back Brock signed a 3 year contract with WWE for a specified set of appearances and matches. Anyhow, it was said that he worked more matches for that year due to WWE's poor viewership ratings. Speculation is that, WWE already had used all of Brock's appearances as said in the contract which might've made him book himself for UFC 200. I'll tell this again, not any reports are sure about this.

Credits: Dave
Old 06-05-2016, 12:07 AM
Anti-Christ of Pro Wrestling
WWE Diva's Champion

Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...Charismatic Enigma is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestud77 View Post
Allowing Brock to fight in the UFC? Really? What good does this do for the WWE? What if Brock loses? Some people are saying this is a trade of some sorts so expect to see Rhonda Rousey at Wrestlemania. Rhonda Rousey? Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime. This a huge screw up by Vince. I honestly see the WWE going out of business in five to ten years.
WWE wouldn't have done this if there wasn't something big in it for them. Period.

Part of that big draw is making Lesnar a legit star again. He was the hottest draw in the business when he came back to WWE, but after 4 years back it's not quite the same, getting back in UFC will remind everyone how legit he is. I'm sure UFC will be required to co-promote something for WWE too.

I'm sure this probably will free up Ronda too, but I don't think that matters anywhere near as much following her lose. However a year from now, if she returns to form, she could be a big draw too. Time will tell, the one thing I do know though, is that there is no way Vince allows this without having something substantial in it for himself, it just wouldn't be good business.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...wwetnadudez is looking to come up from OCW...

Rousey doesn't draw? Lol.

Vince isn't losing anything by having Brock go to the UFC for a fight or two. He's basically sending his top star out to another major promotion to do something he's very good at. The WWE could benefit simply from Lesnar appearing and saying I've slayed everyone in the WWE and I plan on doing so for the future or something like that so that people check him out in the WWE.

Imagine if Brock wins his match, the huge monster push he'd be in for. Well I mean an even bigger push. If Brock wins his UFC fight, I can see the WWE bringing out the Rock at WM and having Brock beat him as well.

Vince will probably get Rousey for WM or SS and that WILL be a big deal. I also wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Mir or Conner step into a WWE ring.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Rhonda Rousey is a woman and women will never draw a dime
I'm not sure if this was a rib or not. All you have to do is look up the buyrates for Ronda's PPV's. Her last fight against Holly Holm generated for a million buys. That's a lot of dimes.

As far as Lesnar it's a win win for both WWE and UFC. WWE needs a MAJOR shot in the arm and there is no promotion bigger right now than the UFC. UFC 200 is going to be a HUGE event. The Super Bowl and WrestleMania rolled into one and the UFC needs some MAJOR star power right now with both McGregor and Rousey, their two biggest stars being off the card. Lesnar's name still carries major weight in the UFC since there hasn't been a dominant American heavyweight since Lesnar.

Dana White wants a big time heavyweight fight for this event and Brock is the guy to deliver. It's free pub for the WWE. You can't buy the type of advertising that Lesnar (and the WWE) will get being on the UFC 200 card from Vegas.
Old 06-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

What does Vince get for this? Reigns becomes the baddest man on the planet! Ahaha

On a serious note, WWE gets more mainstream appeal and maybe a Rousey or McGregor appearance in the future.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:49 AM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think the bigger question is, what if Brock destroys a top heavyweight in the division? That could spell doom for his future in WWE. He'll want to go right after the UFC Heavyweight Champion right after that. Nobody really knows what's on the contract he signed with WWE either.

Imagine Brock returning to WWE with the UFC Heavyweight Championship around his waist. That would be pretty bad ass man.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:54 AM

zhaff2004 is looking to come up from OCW...zhaff2004 is looking to come up from OCW...zhaff2004 is looking to come up from OCW...

Dana White should get CM Punk up to HW and feed him to lesnar, that'll draw big time...

On a more serious note, if Lesnar wins and steamrolls his opponent (1st round ko) and then shows up to raw on the monday right after, imagine the pop he'd get? That would legitimately be one of the biggest pops you'll ever hear...
Old 06-05-2016, 02:11 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is a really bad PR move by WWE.

In a BEST case scenario, Lesnar misses SummerSlam (one of the PPV's I was under the impression he was signed on to do) and is likely out the next 3-4 months minimum to train for the match and then recover/get back into shape afterwards.

In a WORST case scenario, Lesnar gets seriously hurt since he hasn't been in UFC since 2011, and he is out for a significant period of time.

I simply don't get why Vince would take this risk with one of, if not the current biggest draw, on the WWE roster.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:58 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
In a BEST case scenario, Lesnar misses SummerSlam (one of the PPV's I was under the impression he was signed on to do) and is likely out the next 3-4 months minimum to train for the match and then recover/get back into shape afterwards.
WWE already said he'lll be back for SummerSlam. UFC 200 is July 9th, SummerSlam is August.

Quote:
In a WORST case scenario, Lesnar gets seriously hurt since he hasn't been in UFC since 2011, and he is out for a significant period of time.
Possible, but HIGHLY doubt it. UFC is using Lesnar for his name only not some grudge match for even a title eliminator fight. They'll give some top 20 or over the hill heavyweight to steamroll.

Quote:
I simply don't get why Vince would take this risk with one of, if not the current biggest draw, on the WWE roster.
sendpm.gif
Are you kidding. Lesnar gets a win on the biggest UFC show of the year then goes right into SummerSlam? how can he NOT take the risk?!!