WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-28-2016, 08:26 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE confirms Live Smackdown and Brand Split ****Keep it in here!****

Either later on tonight or sometime tomorrow, probably, someone was going to make this thread so I figured I'd go ahead and kick things off.

According to a report from PWInsider.com, there's been rumblings backstage about a potential brand split for the past several weeks, even before the return of Shane McMahon. The report doesn't mention about what exactly is being discussed or how close they are to executing the idea, only that there's been some degree of talk about splitting the Raw and SmackDown brands. The report also doesn't state anything regarding the stipulation for Taker vs. Shane at WrestleMania tying into the split.

There's so little information to go on right now that there's no telling how serious this report is. Basically, the report comes down to alleged talk backstage, which could be interpreted as anything from it's going to happen or that someone heard something from someone else while someone else caught the back end of a discussion and reported it to the dirt sheets.

Considering Shane McMahon is back in WWE, it's difficult to imagine that Shane has come back simply to help sell a ppv. While there's always the possibility of it being simply that, there just seem like there's enough weight behind it. I think most of us feel that Shane is back to have some sort of corporate and on-screen role in WWE and these latest batch of rumors will only serve to reinforce that perception.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 08:52 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

If you think about it, it kind of makes sense. They have the roster size to make it happen, and if it did occur then it might cut down on some of the injuries that have happened, because basically the work load would be cut in half.

Those appearing on RAW wouldn't have the travel and the workload on SD, and vice versa. I'm taking that this would include house shows as well. You would get a RAW or SD house show, and depending on how they split it both could work. It would also give those that we never see (Damien Sandow) a chance to get some TV time. Best part is it would make SD watchable again.

The only issues I can forsee are how would the title belts work, and the PPV's. In the old days we have either a RAW or SD PPV, and the 4 big included both roster's. The idea is an interesting one though, have Shane take over one brand and HHH and Step the other.

Another eerie footnote to all this, is that the RAW after Extreme Rules is being billed on Tickmaster as "RAW vs the WWE". So who knows what they have up their sleeves.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:34 PM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
If you think about it, it kind of makes sense. They have the roster size to make it happen, and if it did occur then it might cut down on some of the injuries that have happened, because basically the work load would be cut in half.
This basically. The reason why things are so hectic is that they split up the brands and for some reason kept the very same number of tour dates. They can claim budget cuts all they want, but that's simply just not the case imo. Also, this allows them to tour twice the distance in half the time... in other words, when one goes West the other can go East and then somehow they meet back up for joint PPVs.

I'm more wondering how they'll do the titles if they do the brand split. Would they find a way to make the Unified WWE World Heavyweight title split again? And if so, does that mean the Big Gold will return or will they get a completely new title design?

Quote:
Another eerie footnote to all this, is that the RAW after Extreme Rules is being billed on Tickmaster as "RAW vs the WWE". So who knows what they have up their sleeves.
Is it still like that? Last I heard, they had changed it and claimed it was a typo.
Proud #BellaArmy Member
Old 02-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Knockout Champion

rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
How exactly would the work load be cut in half? They would still be working five days a week. The only difference would be not seeing the same talents on the different programs. Just as they currently do there would be two separate touring groups putting on two shows a night.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:07 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
I'm more wondering how they'll do the titles if they do the brand split. Would they find a way to make the Unified WWE World Heavyweight title split again? And if so, does that mean the Big Gold will return or will they get a completely new title design?

Is it still like that? Last I heard, they had changed it and claimed it was a typo.
Maybe the IC and Tag titles could be on SD and the WHC and US titles be on RAW, or whatever way they want it. I thought that why Daniel Bryan won the IC title at Mania last year. Wasn't he supposed to take that title there and not only elevate it but also the SD brand?

Last time I looked it had been billed as "RAW vs WWE". They might have changed it, haven't checked, but it's one hell of a type if that's what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbv13 View Post
How exactly would the work load be cut in half? They would still be working five days a week. The only difference would be not seeing the same talents on the different programs. Just as they currently do there would be two separate touring groups putting on two shows a night.
Because whoever appears on RAW wouldn't have to rush to the next city for SD the next night. Also the SD guys would get a rest from not having to appear on RAW. And as I said in my other comment, the house show circuit could also be switched up so that they only work half the house shows they do now. I would throw some of the NXT guys in there to take the load off the main roster guys.

With the size of the roster they have, I'm sure they could do something, it's not impossible for crying out loud. There has always been talk of an off season, this would in a way replace it by giving the talent more time off. It's not perfect but it's a start. Do we really want to go through another year like we did last year? I'm getting the feeling that once the crop of injured wrestlers comes back, the ones who have been carrying the load will be out.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Knockout Champion

rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...rbv13 is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Vince/WWE isn't likely going to reduce the schedule even with a Brand Split. When Raw is airing the SD! crew will be out on the road. They currently work five days a week and that will not change.
Old 02-28-2016, 10:31 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbv13 View Post
Vince/WWE isn't likely going to reduce the schedule even with a Brand Split. When Raw is airing the SD! crew will be out on the road. They currently work five days a week and that will not change.
You know what you are probably right but some of the comments made last week shows that a change might be in the works. They have never before acknowledged the amount of injured wrestlers there are. Shane did, and put the blame at the feet of Steph and HHH. Now it was probably a work, but there was an element of truth to it.

I've said before this schedule that they keep up would probably kill a normal person, it's a testament to what kind of shape they are in that they can keep going. If a brand split in any way, shape or form, gives them a rest even 3 days a week, then it's okay with me.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:42 AM
Only Holly to never hold HC title
WWE Diva's Champion

Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...

This is probably going to be a unpopular thought but I think the brand split may very well be only a matter of time, mainly due to the huge number of men and women they have on the roster. The last split roster topic had 2 people listing around 37 wrestlers per show, which even if we eliminated the part timers and the people that are leaving soon(BNB/Brie) still leaves a pretty crazy number of people. Especially since that number is still growing due to they constantly looking for new talent(as they should be) as well as developing their own on NXT. It's also come to my attention that even with WWE's incredible bad luck with injuries as of late they still have quite a few amount of people that don't show up on TV, and that's only going to get worse when all those injured people eventually recover. So there's a good chance that they would use the brand split as a way to find more people TV time. And course if this somehow gets the wrestlers extra days off so much the better.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:59 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

tvcolosi is looking to come up from OCW...tvcolosi is looking to come up from OCW...tvcolosi is looking to come up from OCW...tvcolosi is looking to come up from OCW...tvcolosi is looking to come up from OCW...

Haven't heard anyone else mention this. Shane agreed to give him the evidence vs Shane getting specifically Raw, not full control of WWE.

Taker wins, Shane then mentions he made copies of everything I the lock box and the stipulations were Vince get the evidence, nothing about Shane exposing it.
He threatens he will expose the truth unless Vince gives him Smackdown or nxt.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:39 AM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

A brand split is not the answer. They need to change the awful creative team. That's the first part. Secondly, they have three hours of Raw and they run boring segments that advance nothing. Even WCW Nitro, as full of nWo crap as it was, had plenty of action with the lower and mid card wrestlers. That's what WWE is not doing at the moment. Fast Lane was a perfect example of bullshit segments that do nothing. Splitting the brand despite having well over 10 hours of TV a week won't change that they do the same crap over and over