WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-22-2016, 07:00 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...AnthonyM4 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Every five years WWE has ruined something that could have made them lots of money

Starting in 2001 and every 5 years after, wwe has ruined 3 big things that could have made them tons of money and perhaps sparked a boom period. In 2001, they buy wcw and everyone thought there would be a wrestling superbowl, but instead they killed off wcw and the invasion sucked balls. In 2006 they bring back ecw because the dvd and the one night stands were big money makers. Instead of bringing back the ecw we knew and loved he brought back Sunday Night Heat in the form of ecw driving away people by the droves. In 2011, they ruined the whole summer of Punk angle when he came back one week after winning the title and then "leaving the company with the belt". Ok here we are in 2016. What will they flop this year that could make them $$$?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:35 PM

willross is looking to come up from OCW...willross is looking to come up from OCW...willross is looking to come up from OCW...

Letting Cody Rhodes walk out rather than dropping Stardust and letting him be himself again. I will never forget how over Cody was at MITB 2013. We were so ready for him to be the next main eventer and months later he was off TV. Had they put MITB on him and then he cashed in on Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules 2014, he would have been the biggest heel in the business.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:21 PM
Unregistered User
WWE Diva's Champion

lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...lil steroid meat is looking to come up from OCW...

Year isn't even halfway over but I'll make the early prediction that in retrospect, people will look at this time as the prime time to turn Cena. They're gonna do it finally when he's old, washed and flabby.
Old 05-22-2016, 10:44 PM
WWE Women's Champion

whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...whoopin' ass is looking to come up from OCW...

From the looks of it, it is going to be remembered as the year talent left. Daniel Bryan had to retire but no one wanted to see him leave. Both Cody and Ryback have asked for releases, Barrett made it known he wasn't resigning - who knows who will follow them. This could be remembered as the year talent got tired of waiting for creative to get a clue and decided to leave. Why waste your time and good years doing nothing when you can try and make something happen elsewhere.
Old 05-22-2016, 11:49 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by willross View Post
Letting Cody Rhodes walk out rather than dropping Stardust and letting him be himself again. I will never forget how over Cody was at MITB 2013. We were so ready for him to be the next main eventer and months later he was off TV. Had they put MITB on him and then he cashed in on Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules 2014, he would have been the biggest heel in the business.
Yeah, even though he didn't win the MITB Briefcase that year. His feud with Sandow was amazing.

Him/Goldust vs. The Authority was also another underrated feud. I thought he would have atleast got a title shot against Orton that fall instead of Big Show.
Old 05-23-2016, 12:17 AM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

We're not even halfway through 2016 yet, so what I'm listing are two potential fuck-ups that have yet to be proven as such.

The Club: As it stands now, WWE's booking of AJ and Co. might be their biggest potential money maker. Gallows and Anderson scored their first wins tonight after weeks of either losing or fighting to no-contests. That's not the greatest first month, but there's still plenty of time to right the ship. Whether The Club is led by AJ Styles, Finn Balor, or both, the faction could be huge draws if WWE plays its cards right. By that, I mean booking the group as a legitimate force to be reckoned with, backed by some big wins and interesting storylines.

Dean Ambrose: Dean-O has been on the verge of breaking into the main event for some time, but continues to suffer from questionable booking. After being white-hot as the runner-up in the Royal Rumble and having a 2-week feud/match with Triple H that was better received than the months long feud/match between Triple H and Reigns, he was squashed by Brock Lesnar. That loss has killed a lot of Dean's momentum and interest.

It's not so much that Dean lost, but how he lost. Dean built himself up for weeks as WWE's iron man and went down like nothing after a single F5. If he'd taken an uncomfortably brutal beating and still kept kicking out, only losing because he was physically unable to continue, he could have gotten huge on respect and sympathy (ala Austin/Bret). Or he could have shocked the world and beaten Brock to propel him into the stratosphere. WWE chose to do neither, opting to simply turn one of their biggest rising stars into yet another meal for the OP Brock Lesnar.

Ambrose has long been the most universally liked babyface in the company. Brock gets cheered a lot, but he's a heel. AJ Styles is a tweener at the moment. There's money in someone people genuinely want to see at the top. But people will only stay invested for so long, and if they don't start treating Dean as Roman's equal as opposed to his loopy sidekick, they might miss the boat on him. What's scary is they may already have.

Last edited by Sean Valjean : 05-23-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:23 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Maybe the WWE Network?

Like a PSN style security breach that shuts down the service for a few months and compromises credit card information. It could also cause a number to cancel their subscription. Well it's just a thought.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:34 AM

Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyM4 View Post
Starting in 2001 and every 5 years after, wwe has ruined 3 big things that could have made them tons of money and perhaps sparked a boom period. In 2001, they buy wcw and everyone thought there would be a wrestling superbowl, but instead they killed off wcw and the invasion sucked balls. In 2006 they bring back ecw because the dvd and the one night stands were big money makers. Instead of bringing back the ecw we knew and loved he brought back Sunday Night Heat in the form of ecw driving away people by the droves. In 2011, they ruined the whole summer of Punk angle when he came back one week after winning the title and then "leaving the company with the belt". Ok here we are in 2016. What will they flop this year that could make them $$$?
PLease please tell us more Mark Madden? I only assume since you clearly understand everything about the business of profession wrestling and your business ideas are SO FLAWLESS you clearly must work for a top promotion, and not just sitting at home in your underoos eating cheetos talking crap about what could have made WWE tons of money.

Hey I did the same If only I had a sport almanac from the year 2040 then I could have won billions of dollars.

Hindsight is 20/20 always moron.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:15 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Like everyone else at various times, I don't personally agree with all the choices or decisions that WWE makes from a creative standpoint. I'm of the opinion that they sometimes do make choices that wind up hindering storylines and feuds that could have reached their full potential. But, at the end of the day, that's just how the mop flops, always has flopped and always will flop. The same thing happens in every other wrestling company in the world, always has and always will.

When it comes to the money aspect of WWE, I think it's hard to criticize WWE and be able to do so while coming off as the least bit legitimate because they're making more money than they ever have before. The past few years, they've set entirely new records for revenue across the board and are back to turning a profit now that the WWE Network regularly has some 1.5 million paying subscribers, NXT is becoming its own successful touring brand, ticket sales are up, live attendance is up, merchandise sales are up, WWE programming has major sponsorship like blockbuster films, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, etc.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-23-2016, 08:41 AM

Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...Spencesc11 is looking to come up from OCW...

What I would do...

Reigns Heel Turn and has The Club join forces with him (Balor, Anderson, & Gallows)

Styles as a stand alone face

Ambrose & Rollins become the new age DX (pulling pranks on Reigns and his new lackies.

Build some new tag teams to keep that division solid
Sami Zayn and Cesaro would be a nice look as another face team....
Maybe take Luke Harper and pair him with Baron Corbin

Release Rowan & Strowman but bring Bray Wyatt back as a Mankind like tweener. He should get his first gold to maybe the I-C or US Title.

Create a Woman's tag team championship. If your going to build up the ladies they need more stories to work with. Bailey and Becky would be a great face team. Natalyia could team with Paige and so on. Also to build on this you have Charlotte form a 4 horsewomen on the main roster. (Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Paige, & Natalyia).

Summerslam Card
Roman Reigns (C) vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE Title)
Ambrose/Rollins vs. Anderson/Gallows
Rusev (C) vs. John Cena (US Title)
New Day (C) vs. Harper/Corbin (Tag Titles)
Styles vs. Balor
Miz vs. Wyatt vs. Owens vs. S. Joe (I-C Title)
Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks (Diva's Title)
Becky/Bailey vs. Paige/Natalyia (pre-show)
Zayn/Cesaro vs. The Vaudevillians
Big Cass vs. Sheamus (pre-show)