WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Do you want Eric Young in NXT?
Yes 15 57.69%
No 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2016, 05:19 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Do you want Eric Young in NXT?

Eric Young winning the TNA world title made me stop watching TNA. I never really had anything against him as a performer but his literal one week push from comedy jobber to world champ was absurd.

I was very surprised to hear about his debut in NXT, and it wasn't really in a good way. He can wrestle, he can do promos, but is he really anything special in either area? I just can't help but feel he would be a waste of a roster space.

That being said I saw nothing of his world title reign or his work since, so it's possible he's done some great work I have not seen. But this is probably the only free agent signing ive been against.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 06:52 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I know KB doesn't

I'm neutral. If he's on I'll watch him, but he's one of those guys that does their job well but ultimately just can't make me get behind him fully. I mean all of the gimmicks he had in TNA he did well, but I was never fully 100% invested. I mean even his last psychotic heel run I was more watching to see Bram.

He's a great talent to utlise no doubt but ultimately I'm not tuning in to soley see him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:08 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

TellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold outTellMeWhy sold out

Well first of all, if you follow TNA, you would know that his push was literally more than going from a comedy jobber to world champion as you claim in your post. TNA wanted to push EY for quite some time because he has a TV show on Discovery and TNA felt it would be good PR for TNA to have the title on EY because of that. So it didn't come from no where. This was well thought out! Go back and watch the old Impacts weeks before his title reign. It was a slow push that involved him being aligned with Abyss only for Abyss to became an enforcer for Magnus who was world champion and also in a feud with Samoa Joe ironically, while MVP was an authority figure. EY had an issue with MVP coming into the company and overlooking him and that's when his push from comedy to serious began. So no, it didn't happen out of no where; the only thing TNA rushed was pressing the button on him the week after WMania because according to Vince Russo, they wanted to have a surprise to happen on the live IMPACT show because WM was overshadowing everything in prowrestling. So as a result, they gave EY the belt which people called a DB ripoff at the time.

This is one of the promos where EY wanted to prove that he belonged.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G3-DrQR5wE

The fact that you're on the internet and are a browser or tab away from youtube yet you sit here and say you haven't seen his work since you "stopped watching" shows that either you don't know how to use the internet, you're lazy, or both. Like what is stopping you? Go look at some of the promos EY has cut as a heel as the bearded terror or world class maniac. EY did a good job transitioning himself into a bonafied top star for TNA. Like with every position EY got in TNA, he used it to the best of his ability and I'm sure if WWE wants to give him the opportunity, they'll get tremendous value out of him. People always sit there and count EY out but all he does is prove critics wrong time and time again. Wouldn't even be shocked if he went to the main roster and became WWE champ or at least the IC/US champ one day.

Last edited by TellMeWhy : 05-08-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellMeWhy View Post
Well first of all, if you follow TNA, you would know that his push was literally more than going from a comedy jobber to world champion as you claim in your post. TNA wanted to push EY for quite some time because he has a TV show on Discovery and TNA felt it would be good PR for TNA to have the title on EY because of that. So it didn't come from no where.
Yes I remember all that. I was a big fan of TNA and would defend them regularly here. Aces & Eights was one of my favourite angles ever!

However EY's push was NOT thought out for some time. He was indeed tagging with Joseph Park/Abyss as a comedy face team. It was either the week prior to his win, but im pretty sure it was the night of the battle royal/title match, he did a promo to MVP saying why he should be in the title picture, which was cool I admit but he should NOT have won in my opinion, it reeked of Daniel Bryan.

Quote:
The fact that you're on the internet and are a browser or tab away from youtube yet you sit here and say you haven't seen his work since you "stopped watching" shows that either you don't know how to use the internet, you're lazy, or both. Like what is stopping you?
I'll take lazy, thanks. But simply put, I had a lot of issues with the product at that time, and EY winning was just the final straw. Nothings stopping me from looking him up, and I think I saw the odd clip (I can recall him ridiculously overselling a mic check from Anderson lol) I just prefer to do other things. Ive never really had the desire to go watch him. But now he's here in NXT, which I love for a lot of the same reasons I loved Impact, I'm sure I'll be able to give a fair assessment of him!
Old 05-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Lets Bitch About This Thing We Love
Knockout Champion

Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...Sean Valjean is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm somewhat neutral. NXT can do without EY just fine, but having him only adds talent, which Eric certainly has.

I quit watching TNA regularly in mid 2010, so Eric's comedy run is the period of his career I'm most familiar with (which also comprises 85% of his TNA run anyway). I keep tabs on Impact and watch the occasional match here and there. One such match was his world title win, which really rubbed be the wrong way. It just seemed so forced and done solely for a pop. I didn't buy Eric's "serious/crazy" run based on the promo clips and matches I've seen. The whole thing made me sour on him a bit, to be honest.

Eric has always been a solid worker, but he's also never blown me away with anything he's done. He's the first big signing that instead of going "Oh wow!" my reaction was "I guess, sure". EY will probably do fine, but I honestly have little desire to see him in the NXT title picture because, frankly, I find him a bit irritating. I think he'd be best suited as a jobber to the stars, at least for the time being.

Last edited by Sean Valjean : 05-08-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 11:36 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think he's fine, TNA's booking and lack of forethought for the push is something I try not to hold against him. He kept me entertained when TNA was still good. so I expect more of the same from him in WWE.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:31 PM
TWITTER: @Son_Broku
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

NotoriousMEAT is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousMEAT is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousMEAT is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousMEAT is looking to come up from OCW...

EY is a good talent. He's not a Bálor or Owens type that's gonna come in and set the brand on fire, but he'll do the best with whatever opportunity he's given and potentially carve out a spot for himself on the main roster. I hope he's allowed to get back to his World Class Maniac character. I haven't watched TNA since the forced Magnus push/Dixie heel boss angle after the Aces & Eights. But I never unsubscribed from TNA on YouTube so their videos always came up. I always found myself watching two people, EC3 and Eric Young. It seems in the last 2 years of his career he's been given more freedom with his character than ever, and it shows. You can tell he believes what he's doing. Maniac EY vs Shinsuke Nakamura could be quality entertainment. I actually feel like he would thrive more on the main roster than NXT for some reason. So I hope to see him get a shot there someday.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:33 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'm more on the neutral side of things leaning towards no as I've just never been overly wild about Young. As others have mentioned, he's a solid all around worker but nothing's ever come about to make me really give a crap about him when it's all said & done. If WWE is interested in talent who're best known for working in TNA, there are some that just strike me as a much bigger deal than Young.

At any rate, if he does sign to NXT, I won't hate it but I can't say I'll be thrilled either. If he doesn't sign, then it's no big loss as far as I'm concerned.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-08-2016, 12:52 PM
I Had Sex With The
Knockout Champion

LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...LegendKiller716 is looking to come up from OCW...

We need to take some time and remember NXT's primary focus is getting young talent ready for the WWE roster. A guy like EY that can play face and heel both really well, and can work the mic, and is solid in the ring is a very valuable asset to NXT. He can help give NXT guys great programs to harness their skills. He doesn't necessarily ever need to jump to Raw or Smackdown, but if a spot opens up where he fits the role needed, he'll excel.

I don't see him ever being WWE World Champion, but he's a very solid veteran pick up, and if he stays in NXT he'll be a very important part of getting some of those young guys main roster ready.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

I absolutely do NOT want Eric Young in NXT. I detested him in TNA (with the small exception of the World Elite angle) so he is quite literally the last person I wanted to see show up at NXT. He's not funny, he's not entertaining, and he's not worth pushing. He'll be fast forwarded anytime he has a match or a promo. I'd rather watch The Bella Twins than Eric Young, and my dislike of the Bellas isn't a big secret around here, so that should tell you everything. Why NXT would waste their time on him is beyond me.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.