WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-02-2016, 10:34 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default Ryback's Comments & Future: Keep It All Here

A report out today is saying that Ryback asked to be pulled from RAW tonight, and taken off WWE TV indefinitely. The WWE complied with his request and even though he was supposed to appear in tonight's Battle Royal, he was sent home.

Apparently his contract is coming due this summer, and neither side can come to any agreement so far. So it looks like the Big Guy will be cooling his heels at home until this is sorted out.

Really don't know if they even have a program for him right now. His feud with Kalisto is pretty much water under the bridge, so God only knows who his next opponent would have been.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:55 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Sucks as I am a fan of Ryback. He had his shortcomings, but as WWE had once shown, he had a lot of potential. Between mismanagement and them just not using him at all recently, this really isn't that surprising.

A lot of people around here aren't his biggest fans, but I feel he could've been a good midcarder had they stuck with him. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if this leads to him going for good.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:55 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'd say there's a strong possibility. Several weeks ago, I remember reading a story that was part of an interview Ryback was given in which he said he was disappointed with his role at WrestleMania and also said something to the effect that he might take his talents elsewhere.

Ryback has had a pretty rocky road in WWE. He was in the middle of a big push during CM Punk's 434 day run as WWE Champion but there were all sorts of backstage problems, allegedly, that ultimately put a stop to said push. For one thing, Ryback & CM Punk did not and still do not like one another; Ryback was poking fun at Punk in front of the Chicago crowd at Payback as he was making his entrance. Punk did get injured, hurting his knee during a bout with Ryback and Ryback pretty much got the blame for it. During this same time period, allegedly, Ryback was catching heat backstage because of how difficult it was to get him to do local media interviews for WWE, that he didn't like participating in the meet & greets and even acted like an asshole to fans during appearances. The feeling was that Ryback loved the idea of being a top guy but didn't want to do the extra work that went along with it.

I think Ryback has gone as far as he's going in WWE and, if anything, it's going to be more difficult as time goes on. There are already a ton of wrestlers on the main roster who're more skilled and more entertaining; guys like American Alpha, the Revival, Blake & Murphy, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe & Shinsuke Nakamura are waiting, some of which can be brought up to the main roster at any given time, there are already fresh faces that people are more interested in like Styles, Anderson & Gallows, Enzo & Big Cass, etc.

Ryback's 34 years old and maybe he could go elsewhere, achieve a lot of success for himself and possibly come back to WWE a few years down the road.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I like Ryback, for whatever reason he's not liked by many people. If they don't know what to do with him then at least let him be an intimidating bodyguard/muscle/manager type to a mid card wrestler like Tyler Breeze. At least he'd be doing something and can look menacing as a bodyguard.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:03 AM
Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
ROH Pure Champion

Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...

If Ryback is so inclined against the WWE, he strikes me as a guy who could do extremely well in Japan. There's a strong tradition of Japanese fans enjoying powerful, jacked gaijin as either mega faces or monster heels, which Ryback could be either. In New Japan he would have to compete with Michael Elgin, but he could definitely cut it anywhere else and maybe even coexist in New Japan. And of course, being big in Japan is a ticket to making it all over the American indies. Ryback might well be thinking at this point that the rough schedule of the WWE isn't worth being at the bottom of the card, and I suspect he would find the outside wrestling landscape favorable to him if he chose to move on.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think RyBack needs to go to TNA. Just think that if his contract ends in August he can quickly debut there and we'll have a RyBack vs Lashley match for Bound For Glory.
RyBack can be the new EC3 as a guy who WWE didn't know how to treat and TNA makes gold out of him.
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:58 AM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

Ryback lives in Vegas. I can see him joining Paragon, GFW or spend his time on the West Coast. There are plenty of promotion where he can play his trade. However, he needs to adjust his attitude if he wants to make it in the Indies> A lot of people have come away with bad tastes in their mouths after meeting him. He does seem to rub people the wrong way. If he goes to the Indies and Japan, he really needs to learn how to schmooze.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:24 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

He reminds me a lot of Albert/Matt Bloom who then became Giant Bernard and a big deal in Japan. It's entirely possible that scenario is there for him, NJPW need a new focal point since WWE raided them so heavily and Kenny Omega and co aren't cutting it.

That being said, it is a foolish move on Ryback's part and is a little bit Warrior 1991.

Reality is that he has had longer on the payroll than many and simply hasn't achieved. He hasn't been held back, they've given him chance after chance and it just doesn't happen. Maybe his attitude is to blame, maybe he does rub people the wrong way and thus is unlikeable but he had those injury periods where many other guys would have been told "you're gone kid"... Ziggler pulled a similar move but got away with it, because he hadn't used all his lives and he had definitely "earned some stroke" by getting over despite not always towing WWE's line.

It's interesting that Ryback does this when Barrett publicly said he's not planning on resigning... in fact I could see them go back to Barrett now out of spite and offer him something push wise... to send a message that if you do things professionally, you are OK but if you try and take Vince on at his own game... you will lose...
Old 05-03-2016, 05:54 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
A report out today is saying that Ryback asked to be pulled from RAW tonight, and taken off WWE TV indefinitely. The WWE complied with his request and even though he was supposed to appear in tonight's Battle Royal, he was sent home.

Apparently his contract is coming due this summer, and neither side can come to any agreement so far. So it looks like the Big Guy will be cooling his heels at home until this is sorted out.
Well, I had read somehere that Ryback wasn't happy about his Wrestlemania feud. He himself vented his frustrations about it and also hinted at taking his talent away from WWE.

I believe that its all over for Ryback in WWE. He is a talented guy and is quite over as the "Feed Me More" chants convey. I really liked him and there he goes along with my other favorite Wade Barrett.

These both have variety of options available in the form of TNA, NJPW or ROH. Its better to be out of WWE instead of just lurking there without any advancements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navi View Post
Really don't know if they even have a program for him right now. His feud with Kalisto is pretty much water under the bridge, so God only knows who his next opponent would have been.
Its the Bulgarian Brute Rusev. I hope that Rusev dethrones Kalisto as the Champ.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:32 AM

Wrestlinggeek is looking to come up from OCW...

I feel that Ryback isn't as bad as he is made out to be. Now i won't say he is really good but I enjoy his matches and feel that he would atleast make an passable WWE championship challenger in a situation when they are short of guys.