WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 05-02-2016, 10:31 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Extreme Rules General Discussion & Reviews

The main event for ER, Reigns vs. Styles II, was announced last night so keep it all here and remember that all spam rules apply.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:41 AM

flyingslugs is looking to come up from OCW...

I am actually looking forward to this match, not just because as of yesterdays birthday gift (tickets to the event) I believe they had a great match last night. AJ Showed he can work with a bigger guy like Roman and Roman showed he can work with a smaller guy like AJ.

I am hoping we see some match between Miz-Cesaro-Owens-Zayn for the IC Title.

Im sure maybe a submission match with Charlotte and Natayla.

The tag titles will probably be defended as well with I am guessing with the New Day vs the Vaudvillians.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:36 PM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

Between this and the rumoured IC 4-way, I'm really looking forward to this PPV. Wouldn't be surprised if we'll see Gallows/Anderson vs. The Uso as well.

AJ Styles was phenomenal (pun not intended) and that Main Event was as good as any PPV Main Event in the last 6 months (even with the double stoppage). I was glued to the screen, "how will they make Styles look", "how bad will the response to Reigns be in Chicago", "when will Anderson/Gallows interefere"?

Styles is definitely here to stay. While Reigns may not be popular, you can't deny he brings a lot to a match, just by crowd response. I'm really looking forward to their rematch.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:58 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Here is the card I am expecting:

***WWE EXTREME RULES***

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns (c) Vs. AJ Styles

WWE Women Championship
Charlotte (c) Vs. Natalya

WWE InterContinental Championship
The Miz (c) Vs. Cesaro Vs. Sami Zayn Vs. Kevin Owens

WWE Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) Vs. The Vaudevillains

WWE United States Championship
Kalisto (c) Vs. Rusev

Other matches could be grudge matches:
*. Sheamus Vs. Alberto Del Rio
*. Baron Corbin Vs. Dolph Ziggler
*. Chris Jericho Vs. Dean Ambrose

1. WWE WHC Match: Their first venture was just awesome, same is expected again. But Reigns won't lose in any way.

2. WWE Women Title Match: Natalya needs to end the dirty win streak of Charlotte here itself. But she won't. Charlotte's reign looks to end at Summerslam to Sasha Banks.

3. WWE IC Title Match: Cesaro needs to win the strap from Miz and then have a long reign too. Owens and Sami can continue their feud without facing each other solely.

4. WWE US Title Match: Rusev should definitely win it.

5. WWE Tag Title Match: Vaudevillains need the win for some credibility. So I think that Vaudevillains should win via some interference in form of their manager.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 AM

Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...

If this is one right, it could be a good ppv but I won't hold my breath tbh, they need to do something decent and make all matches a gimmick match to sell the show, I'm looking forward to the world title match but I would book the ppv a little differently:

Pre-Show
1) IC or US Title Number One Contenders Hardcore Battle Royal Match.
Have this match on the pre-show with it being 20 men and everytime someone new enters the match they must bring a weapon of choice with them and the winner gets a shot at either the US or IC title at a later date.

Main Card
1) Kalisto (C) Vs Rusev
United States Title Lumberjack Match. This kicks off the show with it being a Lumberjack match, I would have Kalisto retain the title here and possibly drop it at a later date to Rusev.

2) The New Day (C) Vs The Vaudevillains
Tag Team Titles Table Match. Make this one a Tables match with the New Day retaining the title and the Vaudevillians can still look strong without being pinned.

3) Charlotte (C) Vs Natalya
Women's Title Submission Match. This is the ideal match for those two with Charlotte coming out on top.

4) Baron Corbin Vs Dolph Ziggler
Last Man Standing Match. This would be a great match on the show with a lot of high spots and give the win to Corbin following an End of Days through a table or something.

5) Chris Jericho Vs Dean Ambrose
Street Fight Match. This could be there final match with Ambrose getting the win OR Jericho, either way it will be a good fight.

6) The Uso Vs Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
No DQ Tag Team Tornado Match. Let these two teams fight it out with Anderson and Gallows getting the win.

7) The Miz (C) Vs Cesaro Vs Kevin Owens Vs Sami Zayn
Intercontinental Title Fatal Four Way Ladder Match. This could be a show stealer or possibly MOTY worthy with a lot of high spots, I would have Miz retain just to give him a lengthy reign at least, none of the challengers will lose any momentum.

8) Roman Reigns (C) Vs Aj Styles
World Heavyweight Title Steel Cage Match. This should be a steel cage match, what they could do is get a couple of weapons and bring them in before the cage comes down, I just think it looks better because then they can "eliminate" any outside interference from both the Bullet Club and Uso's.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:55 PM

lavitz66 is looking to come up from OCW...

Well, this is officially my last time wasting anything on WWE PPV.. We just saw the same thing that we saw at the last PPV. (spoiler btw) And few could say they didn't see the Rollins return coming. So sick of Reigns taking finisher after finisher after finisher after finisher and then hitting a spear as a counter to a finisher and it's over. Same old bs.. they tease change then drive the same garbage down our throats.. also sick of hearing Reigns get the Cena treatment from the announcers.. people love him or hate him but they are all passionate about him. Not going to bother with it anymore. Sick of waiting for real change.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:03 AM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Fatal Four way for the I.C Title was amazing. That has to tie for Match of the Year right now. The main event was also very good. People are going to hate on Reigns but he had a great match in the last two PPVs with AJ Styles. They really mesh in the ring, his Razors Edge Powerbomb was excellent. It should be his special move. Spear, RazorBomb. Superman punch can slide down to his third most important move.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:09 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

WWE Extreme Rules

1. The Usos vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson - There was a good amount of energy in this match and both teams kept the match at a good pace. While it only lasted about 10 minutes or so, it easily felt like 15 and I mean that in a good way. Gallows & Anderson are a strong team, they're not some outrageously great paragon of tag team wrestling like New Japan marks have made them out to be, but they're a good team. Scoring the win over the Usos here was the right decision and I'd say it won't be too long until they challenge for the tag titles. ***1/4

2. WWE United States Championship - Kalisto (c) vs. Rusev - A pretty decent match that told a good story. Considering the relatively limited opportunities Kalisto has been given to establish himself as a persona, he's done the best that he possibly could. I don't expect Kalisto to move out of the mid-card or tag team pictures, so having Rusev win his 2nd US title was probably the right move. **1/4

3. WWE Tag Team Championship - The New Day (c) vs. The Vaudevillains - An entertaining tag team bout that ultimately equaled out to what I was expecting. Good work from both teams and it was nice to see Xavier Woods get some ring time. The Vaudevillains had a fantastic near fall when they hit the Whirling Dervish towards the end of the match, it was believable and had people holding their breaths. All in all, New Day retaining wasn't a surprise and it was the right decision. I hope the Vaudevillains don't go the route of the Ascension as they've actually been getting pretty good responses and are just better workers, but it's too soon for them to win the titles. ***

4. WWE Intercontinental Championship - The Miz (c) vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Kevin Owens - This was a fantastic match and a genuine MOTY candidate. The Intercontinental Championship scene has been entertaining and interesting for a good while now, but I think it kicked to another level with a feud involving these four. They just meshed so well together and everybody contributed. While Miz isn't on the level of the other three inside the ring, he's still been entertaining and I'm glad to see that he's finally gotten something out of being IC champion. There were some fantastic near falls throughout the match and the frustration of Cesaro was palpable and felt authentic. I didn't mind Miz retaining, as I said, I think he's gotten along well as a heel IC champ the 5th time around, but I think I'd have given the bout 5 stars had Cesaro or Zayn picked up the win as they're the two that most wanted to see get it. A hell of an effort. ****3/4

5. Asylum Match - Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho - There were times that this match was pretty painful to watch and I don't mean that as a compliment. Given WWE's policy of blood and the weapons used in this match, it came off as more campy than anything else. Also, it was far too long at a time of 26 minutes and 15-18 minutes would've been plenty of time. I will say that the effort was there from both men, Jericho especially as he was willing to be slammed back first onto a pile of thumbtacks. The match did drag at times, partially because of the lame usage of some of the weapons and some of the weapons themselves. Ambrose coming out with the win was the expected outcome, I just didn't see Jericho going over Ambrose in this setting. I get that WWE is concerned regarding the safety of the wrestlers, and rightly so; however, without amped up physicality and spots, an Asylum Match just won't catch on. **3/4

6. WWE Women's Championship - Charlotte (c) vs. Natalya - I was looking forward to this match but it was something of a letdown. Charlotte has cheated quite a bit as of late and that's fine, but I do think a heel champ needs a solidified win every so often when his/her back is pinned up against the wall due to the stipulations of a match. In this case, Charlotte winning over Nattie clean would've been nice and warranted seeing as how Flair wasn't out there to help her. Dana Brooke's interference was a bit campy, but it didn't detract from the match as much as I figured. Charlotte retaining was the right decision though I, like others, are a little tired of Old Man Flair's shenanigans and would rather see Charlotte establish her own identity apart from being his daughter. **3/4

7. WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Roman Reigns (c) vs. AJ Styles - The show dipped following the fourway Intercontinental Championship match and it needed a big main event to close the show out; that's exactly what happened. An all out excellent outing from both men and they delivered a highly physical main event that the live crowd was invested in from the moment the bell rang. Styles took some great looking bumps and if he's been nursing nagging injuries the past few weeks, I certainly couldn't tell by his performance last night. There were times, I do have to admit, that it gets old seeing Reigns go into Superman mode by kicking out of all these finishers; once builds up the drama, but more than that can sometimes lead to overkill. Styles going ape shit on the Usos & Reigns in the closing minutes of the match with the steel chair was cool to see as it just fit in with the emotions of this feud between the Club and the Bloodline. Reigns picking up the win by catching Styles in mid-air with the spear was a nice spot and I like how Reigns sold the exhaustion immediately afterward as if that spear was the last shred of energy that he had left in him. Seth Rollins suddenly appearing and hitting Reigns with the Pedigree was another way of closing the show out on a high mark and Rollins establishing himself in the title picture is completely logical when you consider he didn't "lose" the title to begin with. ****1/2

Final Thoughts - From an overall perspective, the undercard of the show was solid and was ultimately put over the top by the excellent Intercontinental and World Championship matches. The letdowns of the night were the Asylum Match and Women's Championship bout as the former was needlessly long while the latter just didn't have that satisfactory of an ending. Rusev becoming US champ for the 2nd time, the excellence of the IC and World Championship matches and the return of Seth Rollins made the show newsworthy and ultimately carried it.

Grade: B+
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 05-23-2016, 02:29 PM
Ring of Honor Champion

TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...TWJC: The Beginning scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavitz66 View Post
Well, this is officially my last time wasting anything on WWE PPV.. We just saw the same thing that we saw at the last PPV. (spoiler btw) And few could say they didn't see the Rollins return coming. So sick of Reigns taking finisher after finisher after finisher after finisher and then hitting a spear as a counter to a finisher and it's over. Same old bs.. they tease change then drive the same garbage down our throats.. also sick of hearing Reigns get the Cena treatment from the announcers.. people love him or hate him but they are all passionate about him. Not going to bother with it anymore. Sick of waiting for real change.
Are you serious? A fantastic show with two 4 star matches is ruined because a guy you didn't want to win, won? You sound like a mark.

Here's what most marks need to realize. You don't know where the story is going. Reigns vs Rollins vs bullet club makes a lot more sense.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:40 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Payback was a good enough PPV and Extreme Rules was just better.

The Fatal Four Way was the highlight of the show. Just great showcase of wrestling by all the 4 guys.

The main event was also good enough. Reigns Vs. AJ has been good both times, both have a great chemistry.

About the winners of the matches, every match had a right winner except maybe The Fatal Four Way one.

Overall a really good outing. PPVs have been improving Wrestlemania 32. Expectations are high for the next one though.