WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-27-2016, 09:41 PM

TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...TheMainEvent is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Does anyone feel like NXT needs more storylines and "sports entertainment" vibe?

Let me start by saying I love NXT and how it is currently structured. They keep things simple in the context of their feuds/storylines and focus alot more on the in-ring action and the importance of winning/losing and the titles. However, while introducing NXT to a few friends who only watch Raw the first thing they mentioned was that they'd watch a few episodes of NXT and there wasnt really any storylines to follow or get invested in. They like some of the matches but are accustomed to the Raw style of in-ring promos, backstage skits, drama.

So i guess my question is do you think NXT is lacking in that drama and over-arching storylines style that we are accustomed to in main roster WWE? IE: stables developing, people vying for power, personal blood feuds, etc? Does not seeing the same roster or the World Champion every week hurt NXT to an extent? If so what type of things would you like to see?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:04 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

But that's why NXT is so successful, there is storylines but not the soap opera drama that dominates the main roster. And it is about wrestling and introducing new and up and coming wrestlers to WWE fans. I don't want the same shit that we see on RAW on NXT.

They only have an hour a week, compared to the 5-6 that the main roster has, and the one complaint I hear the most is that SD is just a replay of RAW, except maybe with more tag matches. The main roster is big, but they don't utilize the talent they have properly. NXT does and that's why it works so well.

There is something to be said about a storyline when it works, and it should be kept short and sweet. The main roster drags them out too long, and we become to an extent bored with them. NXT stuff goes so fast if you blink you miss it. Please do not turn NXT into RAW, some of us actually enjoy watching it.
Old 04-27-2016, 11:23 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

One of the reasons for NXT's success, and there are quite a few reasons, is the simplicity of the storylines and the distinct lack of a "sports entertainment" type of vibe.

The strategy of NXT is to keep the focus on the wrestlers & the action happening in the ring, keep the storylines simple & engaging, using the face vs. heel dynamic in an easy to invest in type of way and to use simple logic combined with enforced continuity. It's a formula that works, has been working and shows no sign of not working in the future; NXT ain't broke, so don't try to fix it.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 04-27-2016, 11:59 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's a great balance they have now, they still have a little promo, and most people have a gimmick or character to play.

A lot of the character development is left to interpretation, and fans don't feel like they're having their intelligence insulted.

Instead of Finn Balor spending 20 minutes telling us about the demon, he just becomes the demon, Samoa Joe's promos leading into Dallas were short and sweet few minutes to explain what's going on. Asuka vs Bayley's entire leadup was Asuka making a save then patting the title on Bayley's shoulder, rather than a 40 minute speech about the lineage of the title.

The people watching NXT are usually more hardcore fans that have seen all of these storys played out on RAW or Smackdown with longwinded speech and vignette, we don't need that, we know what's going on as soon as 2 wrestlers make eye contact over a title, we know the blood feuds coming to a head before they even are written into the show.

The Insulted intelligence and discontinuity of story is something that's kept me from watching RAW weekly recently, and it's something NXT does well, I only wish NXT skipped the "recap" weeks like after Dallas, since everyone subscribed to WWE can just watch Takeover.

And ya, 56 Minutes without the 20+ minute commercial breaks, I think NXT actually has more actual wrestling than 3 hour RAWs do right now. The viewer fatigue doesn't setup with the 20 min promos and 20 minute commercials in between matches, so it's overall more enjoyable.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:14 AM
Magical Girl
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it's good that there are both kinds of products. NXT is meant to feel very different from RAW since WWE finally realised there are, hold the phone, different kinds of wrestling fan.

For the record I enjoy both formats, but a lot of people feel the NXT format really works for what it is and it's a good alternative for those who dislike the highly-produced and heavily "script written" promoey nature of RAW.

For a balance between the two I actually suggest you watch a bit more Smackdown if you don't already.

Literally the point of NXT is its storyline acknowledgement that everyone is competing to be the best and get to RAW. The storyline is "win the title" and I think for what NXT is, that's fine.

Last edited by Good Golly It's Ollie : 04-28-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:57 AM

yur_momma is a member of the JOB SQUAD

nxt is a joke. they perform in front of 500 people, half of which are planted there by wwe to start chants and make noise. this is television after all and dont think for a second wwe doesnt control every aspect including the crowd. 500 people chanting "blue pants" omg THIS IS AWESOME! lmao!
those pathetic marks will cheer for anything.
also once they get to the main roster, its fucking over for them.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:11 AM

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

I'd leave NXT the way it is, there are plenty of people out there that would prefer a more action based product over the soap opera based Smackdown & RAW. If NXT isn't your thing, don't tune in. Same goes for RAW and Smackdown, nobody is forcing you to watch it.
Old 04-28-2016, 03:17 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yur_momma View Post
nxt is a joke. they perform in front of 500 people, half of which are planted there by wwe to start chants and make noise. this is television after all and dont think for a second wwe doesnt control every aspect including the crowd. 500 people chanting "blue pants" omg THIS IS AWESOME! lmao!
those pathetic marks will cheer for anything.
also once they get to the main roster, its fucking over for them.
Yeah this joke is so much better than main roster. TakeOvers which are nowadays better than the main roster PPVs in every matter are part of this joke? TakeOver Dallas was way more entertaining than Wrestlemania 32. Even in terms of wrestling, the former was better.

Remember when was the last main roster PPV which was main-evented by the women? Hell even these were still "divas" at the main roster till Wrestlemania.

Sasha & Bayley main-evented a NxT PPV with an awesome 30 minute IronWoman Match.

NxT entertains with "wrestling" itself in 1 hour on a weekly basis. The main roster can't do so in more than 5 hours weekly. Main roster prefers entertainment and talking over wrestling whereas it is the vice-versa in NxT. Still the latter is entertaining while being simple.

The thread is about something else and you are posting about something else. Comparing apples and oranges?

Lets assume that what you posted is true, so what? The three horsewomen were damn over in NxT. Is it over for these three at the main roster? No, these three just put out an awesome battle at Wrestlemania 32. You could have more examples like that of Owens, Zayn, Enzo/Cass etc.

Remember the last time when a main roster tag team could entertain with their in-ring work only? Maybe Cesaro-Kidd, right? Well NxT has gems in form of The Revival & American Alpha who can easily entertain with their in-ring itself.
Old 04-28-2016, 07:23 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quite simply, no. If you want your wrestling to be a soap opera, watch WWE Raw. If you want an alternative soap opera, watch TNA. NXT is its own animal, much like Lucha Underground. Just because it may not be to casual fans' tastes doesn't mean it has to change.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:46 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

Hey guys, does it worry you that many of the best wrestlers (in NXT) moved to the main roster? I agree with what many of you have said that NXT is it's own animal. But with so many of the best NXT talent on the main roster, I feel that NXT may have lost some of its luster. Just a thought.