WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-26-2016, 06:42 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Payback Kickoff Show: US Championship - Kalisto (c) VS Ryback

For the 2nd straight ppv, we'll see the United States Championship defended with Kalisto taking on Ryback.

In my opinion, the one weak point in what's been a very consistent month of WWE programming has been the United States Championship scene. Hardly anyone is particularly interested in Kalisto vs. Ryback so it's time to move on one way or another. If Kalisto wins, I'd hope to see more focus put on him as champion rather than putting him in tag team matches. If Ryback wins, it just seems like it's also time to move him onto someone else.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...Kyphael is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know why WWE thought this was good enough even for a Wrestlemania pre-show, let alone a rematch at a PPV. Nobody cares, Kallisto-Ryback have no chemistry together and are both just treading water, the only reason their matches are half decent is because Kallisto is just good enough to flip around Ryback and carry him well enough.

With the roster as deep as it is, there are much better potential programs for both, especially Kallisto. If Sin Cara hadn't been so impressive in the ladder match, I'd say he could have been a good heel for Kallisto (really, why do we need TWO masked baby face luchadors?) If Breeze had any credit left, he'd have been a good challenge for Kallisto. Hell, I'd even prefer a heeled up "we the people" Jack Swagger against Kallisto, even sans Zeb.

I'm just hoping either Ryback beats him or vice-versa and end this program already because nobody cares. Ryback is not a great goliath, and Kallisto deserves better.

A published author is an amateur who didn't quit.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:51 AM

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

The roster is too deep for any hope of ever seeing Kalisto taken as a serious threat.
Neville, Crews, Zayn, and Stardust/Cody are all more talented "little
guys" who will (and/or should) get a push ahead of Kalisto.

I read somewhere on here that wwe should just have Ryback take the title off of Kalisto and go on a rampage. Something similar to Cena's open challenge, except not as competitive, more dominate. I agree completely. After a few defenses against Social Outcast, Sin cara, etc, I would have Ryback's first real challenger be Apollo Crews.
Kalsito/Lucha Dragons can go back to the tag team scene. They are a great team and breaking them up will not benefit either.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:29 PM

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Have Kalisto retain, Rusev challenges the next night on Raw and demolishes Kalisto and gets back to being the dominant Bulgarian brute again. Rematch the following Raw and this time Rusev "injures" Kalisto and shows his dominance again.

Eventually, US Title becomes European Title.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:42 PM

sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...sMark is looking to come up from OCW...

Every belt need a champion who will use it somehow on TV, so whoever wins this match, give this guy some TV program. I don't care who wins the match, not a 1 bit
Old 04-26-2016, 04:01 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It doesn't matter who wins, on Raw the title should transition to one of their new stars like Corbin or Crews.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:17 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

There are many open options. This match happening again is stale, thanks to the bookers. Even Ryback has vented out his frustrations about their previous bout at Wrestlemania.

I think that Ryback losing again would seriously derail him. So He should win this match.

But if Kalisto wins, give him a proper deserved TV time. Turn Sincara heel as he gets jealous of his partner's success. Or let Baron Corbin decimate Kalisto to win the title.

Do whatever but atleast provide some credibility to this title. It has gone from being prestigious to a big zero.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:12 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Well, at least this is on the pre-show... I don't remember WWE dedicating any time to this program, at least not on Raw... I'm just confused as to why this is still a thing. If they want to keep the LD together for whatever reason, than they should have just taken the belt off of Kalisto at Mania instead of letting Ryback tread water for a month. Ryback needs to win the belt here. Kalisto hasn't done shit with the strap and it's too late to start booking his run as having any sort of meaning.

It seems as if the LON are splitting soon so that should open up some depth in the mid-card title scene. I wouldn't mind seeing either Del Rio or Rusev turning face and feuding with Ryback after Payback. Wouldn't be surprised to see Kalisto win again and continue to do nothing though.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:07 PM
st.edward

saint_edward is looking to come up from OCW...

What's the f*cking point... Like, seriously? No build, nothing since WrestleMania, after all the work Cena did (yes, I went there) the US Title is gonna need some elevation.

Are they waiting till Cena's back? Hope so, the belt needs some time some prestige and for someone to give a shit about it.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
It doesn't matter who wins, on Raw the title should transition to one of their new stars like Corbin or Crews.
The US title is supposed to be the #2 title, I'd say have somebody like Dean Ambrose, Sami Zayn or Kevin Owens win it since they aren't going to world champs anytime soon.