WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-19-2016, 01:20 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Possible Swerve with Reigns

After watching last nights RAW I thought what if the Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) aligns with Reigns at Payback against AJ Styles causing a big swerve. I know they attacked both USOs and Reigns, but if you end up having Reigns go heel you could have Gallows and Anderson align with Reigns and later Finn Balor when he comes to the main roster. It be a bigger version of Rollins J&J Security without the comedy and more intimidation. You could give Reigns protection for a lengthier championship reign, discuss the past history with Styles and Bullet Club, and have guys chase Reigns with the help of Gallows and Anderson at times. If Reigns turned on his own family just to hold onto the belt I think it could add layers to the storyline around the belt. What do you guys think? You think this could work or would you prefer if Gallows/Anderson either aligned with Styles or align later with Finn Balor and just go after Reigns and his "family?"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
ROH Pure Champion

Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...Harthan is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Harthan

It would be a pretty drastic departure from Reigns' character. I'm all for the idea of Reigns really turning heel, but I would argue he should do it in a manner that fits the (admittedly few) character notes that are strong in him - namely, a desire to hold his non-family at more than an arm's length (the only people really on his side consistently are the Usos, and even that's a tenuous bond) as well as a personality complex centered around singularly proving his own, personal superiority. Starting a stable doesn't really fuel that - Reigns hasn't got the character of someone like Triple H, for example, who's always relied on others to prop him up, nor has he gone through enough of an ordeal to believably change his character. Indeed, Reigns is at the highest point of his career. If Reigns were to turn heel, I think it would be better based in irrationally jealousy of people like AJ (much like Jericho's recent turn) as well as a departure into physicality and brutality at a higher level than what he's done before. Becoming the leader of the Bullet Club is, frankly, just more bad storytelling for Roman Reigns.

I would personally prefer to see AJ struggle with the decision to use the Bullet Club in WWE, insisting to himself that things will be different here, only to ultimately give in after a series of matches with Roman and take the belt, solidifying his return to his NJPW character, which is the most successful AJ has ever been, creatively speaking. I think Finn's alignment makes more sense as AJ's second in command at first, building to a massive breakup in the future (HHH/Batitsta style).
Old 04-19-2016, 01:29 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

I'm not of the opinion that Gallows and Anderson need to perform alongside Balor or Styles. I kinda like the idea of them with Reigns but I'm not sure if he should be portrayed as a chicken sit champion who needs help.

As for Payback it'd be cool if Gallows and Anderson betrayed Styles, costing him the match with a slow tease of Balor coming up.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's going to be weird seeing people 'hate' (not just boo) Bullet Club, but I feel like them helping Reigns and turning on AJ is probably the direction they're going.

WWE's entire main event scene is just being wrecked trying to find a way to get Roman over.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:08 PM
ROH Pure Champion

laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...laodaron worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Bullet Club is a heel faction. Why would it be weird to see them get booed?
Old 04-19-2016, 02:57 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
As for Payback it'd be cool if Gallows and Anderson betrayed Styles, costing him the match with a slow tease of Balor coming up.
Seems pretty clear to me that this is what's going to happen. They're not going to align with Reigns at all, most likely. They're just going to be upset at Styles for not accepting their help. If they want to slow it down a little, they could try to help Styles and they screw it up, costing him the match.

Last edited by Fire Marshall Bill : 04-19-2016 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:24 PM

thekooljt is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtBigThing View Post
After watching last nights RAW I thought what if the Bullet Club (Gallows/Anderson) aligns with Reigns at Payback against AJ Styles causing a big swerve. I know they attacked both USOs and Reigns, but if you end up having Reigns go heel you could have Gallows and Anderson align with Reigns and later Finn Balor when he comes to the main roster. It be a bigger version of Rollins J&J Security without the comedy and more intimidation. You could give Reigns protection for a lengthier championship reign, discuss the past history with Styles and Bullet Club, and have guys chase Reigns with the help of Gallows and Anderson at times. If Reigns turned on his own family just to hold onto the belt I think it could add layers to the storyline around the belt. What do you guys think? You think this could work or would you prefer if Gallows/Anderson either aligned with Styles or align later with Finn Balor and just go after Reigns and his "family?"
I for one don't think it would be a good idea for creative to align Gallows and Anderson with Reigns, nor revisit the idea of regrouping the Bullet Club. Remember, this is not Gallows first stint with the WWE and I'm sure that this time around, after building a successful name for himself with Anderson in Japan, he's looking to have a more prominent role (especially in the Tag Team division) and not play the background again.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:05 PM

NxtBigThing is looking to come up from OCW...

I didn't have the intention of Reigns being a cowardly heel just someone that aligns with a strong team with Gallows/Anderson end up winning and carrying the tag belts with Reigns as World Champ. Thought of it last night and was wondering what others opinions were.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:26 PM

The Man Of 1004 Holds is looking to come up from OCW...

I have been saying this for weeks im glad people agree
After Raw and the reports of vince being shocked by AJ's merch sales im convinced it will happen.

What id do is have them cost AJ the match at payback and then destroy him and align with reigns. The next night have the usos confront reigns and have him talk about his new family and how his old one never did anything for him before G&A lay them out too.
This leads to ambrose questioning reigns and the two build to a match where G&A are banned from the arena. AT this point Reigns is saved by a new member - Samoa Joe.
(id add the fourth to stop a shield comparison)

From here we build up to a 4 on 4 match of Reigns Gallows Anderson and Joe taking on AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, a debuting Finn Balor (he can be linked in through Joe and there NXT rivalry and/or his bullet club past) and a surprise 4th partner.....Seth freaking Rollins.

Would make for a great storyline of Dean getting/accepting Seth on the team but there is obvious trust issues and Seth would join not because he is face or to help but because he sees Reigns carrying HIS title around. (this also makes his inevitable return pop not instantly make him face too)

Last edited by The Man Of 1004 Holds : 04-19-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:33 PM
ROH Pure Champion

d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...d_henderson1810 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think any Reigns' heel turn should be against Dean Ambrose, his best friend, and "brother", as it would have more heat and would make the turn a bigger deal.

Also, if Reigns goes heel, he should align himself with the Authority, and be their "guy". This could then lead to Seth Rollins returning, as a face, being left out in the cold, and have Seth v Roman, the ex-Authority guy versus the new Authority guy.