WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-04-2016, 12:37 AM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...
Default R.I.P. The Styles Clash 2004 - 2016

So, the WWE has completely buried the Styles clash.

First they wouldn't let him debut it at the Rumble even though it was teased, eventually it was debuted, but on Smackdown! against... Curtis Axel? If I recall. Since then I don't think it's ever actually been used to finish a match, but correct me if i'm wrong. Either way it doesn't change the fact that the move has been made to look incredibly weak.

They seemed to have decided to push the calf-crusher as his finisher instead, which is the most bizzare thing in the world because here we have a perfectly good finisher that hasn't been recycled to hell and back and the WWE has, every step of the way, buried it. Do we really need our indie darling to finish with a submission? AJ is explosive and you're gonna make him win all his matches by submission, essentially making sure he can't go over the big names who "never give up".

A few hours ago at wrestlemania, towards the end of the great match, our guy AJ hits the Styles Clash on the grandest stage of them all, only to have it be kicked out of. Not only that but AJ lost AFTER delivering what should be zero-chance kickout finishing move.

I get you gotta make TNA look weak, but the WWE just brutally destroyed quite possibly the greatest finisher on the current full-time roster. Meanwhile I think D-Von(?) got pinned 123 after a super kick.

Why did they do it? IS it because they think it isn't safe? Is it punishment for what AJ did to Miz? Is Jericho gonna do anything relevant tomorrow and on or is he gonna go on tour? Also why did he take haitch's shovel? haitch really needed it later that night and jericho stole it to not only bury AJ Styles but also the Styles clash. why...
Old 04-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I also thought the match was definitely over after The Styles Clash. I guess the reason Y2J won at Mania is to throw predictability right out the window this year at Wrestlemania.

Did anyone predict Zack Ryder to be new I.C Champ? Not too many. Y2J wasn't a popular choice either. Baron Corbin was a surprise win. Even Woman's Champion Charlotte was a low pick for winning at WM. League of Nations winning was a low pick. So anyone saying they saw this year's Mania results (Outside Roman) coming is completely full of horse shit.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:37 AM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

I prefer the Calf Crusher. Its a nice tweak on submissions, and the Styles Clash just looks so boring and bland.

Jericho winning is either a big FU from Vince to TNA, or to continue story. Maybe its to thank Jericho (who has a terrible record at WrestleMania) for solidifying AJ Styles in the last 3 months.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Jericho won as he can go right into winning the IC title on RAW or be first to face Roman... Smart booking. AJ has had his big debut... Now like everyone, he has a period where he does things he is told... If he gets through that OK he gets pushed... Its happened for everyone who ever came in from another company. As for the move... Its a risk they don't want to take... Jericho was trusted, but its clear they don't want it used so "killed it" get over it. A year ago you'd have took AJ being in the Battle Royals on the pre show...
Old 04-04-2016, 04:45 AM

xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...

I realize that it's popular, but in my opinion, the move already looks incredibly weak. It's got an awkward set-up followed by just kinda flopping forward. I feel his other finishes are far superior.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:26 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Gimmick infringement. It's Michelle McCool's move. It's synonymous with her and was retired alongside her out of respect.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Mr.Maikeru_Sawyer is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
Gimmick infringement. It's Michelle McCool's move. It's synonymous with her and was retired alongside her out of respect.
you do know that Michelle stole the move from AJ right. he has been using the move since 1998 that I know of. I remember seeing him do the move during Air Raid's(AJ Styles & Air Paris)WCW Cruiserwieght Tag Team title match. and has been his finisher since 2004 and the very first TNA weekly PPV.
SO GET OFF WWEs nut sack and realize that there is more to Pro Wrestling in the USA than Worlds Worst Entertainment
Old 04-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Wait? AJ Styles got a spot on a Mania card in a one on one match with the first ever undisputed champion in his late thirties with only a short tenure on the WWE roster and not having to do any NXT time or change his name?

And people are complaining about a move that has seriously injured people not getting used as much or as effectively as it did elsewhere?

I'm happy for AJ. He is talented in a lot of ways. He is far more talented than just one move. And it really is just one move. Now if he could just work on his acting.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 04-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Excellence of Execution
Undisputed WWE Champion

Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...Slyfox696 is an ECW Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Steele's Barber View Post
Wait? AJ Styles got a spot on a Mania card in a one on one match with the first ever undisputed champion in his late thirties with only a short tenure on the WWE roster and not having to do any NXT time or change his name?

And people are complaining about a move that has seriously injured people not getting used as much or as effectively as it did elsewhere?
My favorite part of this thread is acting like Jericho is the first to ever kick out of the Styles clash. I can only assume those who act that way never really watched much of AJ Styles in TNA. Sure Styles won some matches with it, but it is hardly unique for someone to kick out of it.
Old 04-04-2016, 09:51 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

It's because WWE isn't TNA. There's more "big" guys that the move either couldn't be used on or would be too dangerous for them. So he's using the Calf Crusher and the Phenomenal Forearm instead because they can be used on anyone on the roster and not just smaller opponents.