WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-02-2016, 03:31 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...
Default NXT fans, calm the chanting

Don't get me wrong, NXT fans are the most energetic fans I've seen since old ECW days. But for the love of god, we don't need a chant every 1 minute.

I'm watching Nakamura vs Sami at Takeover and the match is barely 4 minutes in and we are deep into our 15th goddamn chant change, it's just stupid. Nakamuras entrance spawned at least 6 different chants including Holy Shit.

I think -This is awesome- has been misused about 5 times and it's only three matches in.

Great energy fans, keep the dumb chanting out though.
Old 04-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion SPICY!
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...AhSpicyDrop is looking to come up from OCW...

You're not taking into consideration that the vast majority of people in attendance last night were fans from all over the world for Wrestlemania, many being die-hard wrestling fans. Most probably getting to see Nakamura in person for the first time...

That being said the NXT do tend to go a little overboard with the chants.. but I'd rather a crowd be super into something and amp up the atmosphere as opposed to a crowd bored to death and chanting 'boring' or find other ways to take away from the matches. It's a fine line... but considering the crowd that was on hand last night it was perfectly acceptable... The matches leading up to Nakamura and Zayn were all fire too, so the crowd was pumped anyway.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Intercontinental Champion

The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...The Brain is a Television Champion...

I agree. I don't want to take away from the fans' fun and I do love the energy but some of the chants are annoying. I don't mind that they are chanting as much as what they're chanting. Not everything is awesome. Much of the things they chant 'this is awesome' for I find rather ordinary. Many things they chant 'holy shit' at aren't 'holy shit' moments. And what about '....'s gonna kill you.' I thought that was for Samoa Joe. I've heard others get that chant recently. If you start a chant or catchphrase for someone keep it unique to that person. The one that really bugged me last night was the 'botchmania' chant. Yeah, it's harmless fun but that's pretty disrespectful, and not in an 'aaassshole' or 'you suck' kind of way. It's still better than stupid fans chanting completely random things like 'Randy Savage' or 'JBL' for no reason at all.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:08 PM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

And you're going to get it on Monday Night Raw as well.

WrestleMania weekend, especially since the inception of NXT, has become a smark event where they can be heard (unlike in the larger 60k+ arenas).
Old 04-02-2016, 05:33 PM
WWE Women's Champion

JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...JoeFromTomsRiver worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Don't be jealous because they got watch that awesome show in person and you didn't. That's what this is about. The chants add to the atmosphere and it's never going stop at these sorts of events where it's die-hard fans.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:45 PM
My fave wrestler is Dirk Diggler.
WCW TV Champion

Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...Spidey #2 is a Television Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey #2

"Hey Bailey" is one of the best crowd chants I've ever heard and it did my heart good hearing it on Takeover. But the "Asuka/Joe is Gonna Kill You" was a little uncreative and took part of it away for me. That and the crowd was the worst part of Zayn vs. Nakamura when they should've been the icing on the cake. So I definitely see what you mean. Tuning out the crowd shouldn't be a struggle for the viewers at home.

But eh. That's legit the only gripe I can see with the PPV, which was phenomenal. It didn't bother me and if I was there live, it would probably have made my experience all the better. There's a dissention with TV vs live viewing and that's one of them. Gotta take the pros with the cons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Kerouac - On The Road
Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?
Old 04-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Magical Girl
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Most of them are good, if overdone, only a couple of them are particularly obnoxious. I for one have never liked "You Fucked Up". But on the whole, it's much better an invested circle-jerky crowd than the alternative.

I lolled at what I think was a "Holy Smokes" chant for Bayley though, thought it was cute. No bad language in front of the cinnamon.

Singing for Sami's theme is awesome, I will write an angry letter to WWE if they ever change his music from this point.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:02 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Meh, I'd take the over chanting and such anyday over RAW's dead crowds where they only chant when someone forces them into it.

the chants keep me interesting, even during matches I might find boring other times.

Oh, and "BAYLEYS going to HUG you" gets me everytime, even if its overdone.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:10 PM

king4day is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azane View Post
Meh, I'd take the over chanting and such anyday over RAW's dead crowds where they only chant when someone forces them into it.

the chants keep me interesting, even during matches I might find boring other times.

Oh, and "BAYLEYS going to HUG you" gets me everytime, even if its overdone.
This, exactly.
Yes, some of the chants are bad, but as a now casual fan, I NEED to hear the crowd into it. That makes me more focused on the match.
It's no longer the attitude era where the roof would blow off the building when big moments happen.

It's necessary to have it. Telling them to shut up is telling HHH to just shut down NXT and move everyone to the main roster.
That crowd and the wrestling (including moves you don't see from guys on the main roster) is what differentiates NXT from the main roster.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:41 PM
First Immortality..Then the Bitches
Knockout Champion

lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...lenguy worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The NXT crowd brings a great presence, they bring high levels of energy an enthusiasm to the events. They want to feel as much as part of the show as the actual event and I see nothing wrong with that. They are all having a good time and displaying their passion and excitement through various chants. Last night for example, they were hot throughout the Sami Zayn and Shinsuke Nakamura match. That's how into it they were. They were enjoying themselves to the absolute fullest. If I was there among that crowd, I would be right there alone with them. You can't just block out that vibe and energy. To me, the crowd was just as big a part of that match as Zayn and Nakamura were. It adds to the atmosphere and makes the match that much more memorable.

Now, that being said, a crowd full of energy that brings out a good vibe is great. A crowd that's disrespectful to the craft and tries to "Hijack" the show are the crowds I hate. A lot of those smark venue's like Chicago, New York/Brooklyn among other's are notorious for this. The one's that just chant various things to get attention to themselves. They chant "we are Awesome" and will do that stupid wave thing. They'll randomly chant for the announcers of random people in the crowds and do various amount of disrespectful things just to bring attention to themselves. I hate those kind of crowds. Look, I get it, some times the product just isn't entertaining and you might find yourself a bit bored. For me though, those kind of crowd reactions are just highly irritating and infuriate me a great deal. At least the NXT crowd feeds off the show and each other and don't deliberately try to take it over just to try to please themselves.

Here comes the pain!