WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 04-01-2016, 01:29 PM

Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Did John Cena just drop a hint at who's winning the HIAC?

Obvious speculation is obvious. But you never know.

"If [Shane] beats Undertaker then I can confidently say that's probably the last time we are going to see Undertaker because if the Undertaker is as good as he says he is, for him to lose to someone coming off a seven year sabbatical, maybe you've lost a step kid."

This seemed like a pretty odd thing for him to say. It kind of ties into Vince's stipulation that 'Taker won't wrestle at 'Mania ever again if he loses.

What I think they're doing is to set up for Undertaker vs Sting. They're trying to make us think that it's absolutely not going to happen, by making 'Taker lose to Shane this Sunday. And then... surprise! Not only that, but Sting said the rumors of him retiring are just rumors, and that he has one dream match still left inside of him...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Brian440 is looking to come up from OCW...

As much as I would love to see Sting vs Taker, it's not happening unless somehow Sting's neck injury is all a huge work, which I HIGHLY doubt. HOF induction aside, Sting is 57 years old, and while he's in magnificent shape for his age, he had the same injury that essentially caused edge, who is 2 decades younger to retire. I think he's done and denying the rumors so he can announce it when he's ready, on his terms.

Don't get me wrong, I admit, I would mark out for Sting and Undertaker to finally have the dream match but at the same time, Sting has been my all time favorite for nearly 20 years, since I was 9. Steve Borden, the man, has always come off like a genuine good man and is obviously a family man. I do not want to see him end up in a wheel chair.
Old 04-01-2016, 03:58 PM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zay'n View Post
This seemed like a pretty odd thing for him to say. It kind of ties into Vince's stipulation that 'Taker won't wrestle at 'Mania ever again if he loses.
This reminds me of another storyline hole. If Vince and the authority are "gone" if Shane wins, where does he get the authority to decide when Undertaker wrestles after that match? What I get out of it is that if Shane loses, Vince McMahon gets to continue making decisions, and if Shane wins, Vince McMahon gets to continue making decisions. That's a fantastic stipulation.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

If anything I would argue that it is Cena hinting that he will be facing Taker in the future. Which is possible if rumors are true that they were supposed to fight at WM 32 before his injury. He called him 'kid', which is kind of an insult for anyone to say to Taker.

Not that I think Taker will lose. I still think Shane will go back to China after doing his dad this favor. I just think Cena is in the mindset of creating some drama between him and Taker to sow the seeds for something big.

I have no idea how this would make anyone think it alluded to Sting at all.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 04-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garak View Post
This reminds me of another storyline hole. If Vince and the authority are "gone" if Shane wins, where does he get the authority to decide when Undertaker wrestles after that match? What I get out of it is that if Shane loses, Vince McMahon gets to continue making decisions, and if Shane wins, Vince McMahon gets to continue making decisions. That's a fantastic stipulation.
I thought the stipulation was Shane "controls" RAW not WWE
Old 04-01-2016, 06:36 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...GOOZEKING is looking to come up from OCW...

Didn't CENA himself lose to the rock at mania 28 and the rock didn't wrestle for 8 years.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Knockout Champion

justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...justinept worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOOZEKING View Post
Didn't CENA himself lose to the rock at mania 28 and the rock didn't wrestle for 8 years.
Yes... And that's clearly the tongue-in-cheek joke Cena was making with this comment.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:56 PM

Garak is looking to come up from OCW...Garak is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsotm5150 View Post
I thought the stipulation was Shane "controls" RAW not WWE
That's technically true, but the way that was being glossed over afterwards, I was unsure then and am unsure now if that was misworded by Vince. They all kept going on afterwards how he who controls Raw controls WWE. In any event, from a continuity standpoint, it's just a nightmare, even by wrestling standards.
Old 04-01-2016, 11:35 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

They've gone very far out of their way to make the terms very clear on this match with Shane controlling RAW, and Undertaker's last wrestlemania match.

The Announcers keep misconstruing it (purposely or not, who knows?), and it's making a lot of misconceptions pop up. Undertaker's Mania restriction can just be ignored or "removed" at any time, the guys not making 2m a year to wrestle 2-3 matches and sitting out Wrestlemania unless he's physically unable to compete.

And Shane controlling RAW will probably last a month or 2, then we'll see Vince vs Shane vs Stephanie/HHH in some form for ultimate control, then we're back to the same old.

The real travesty is that Cole, JBL and Saxton have a billion guidelines on how to announce, but can't keep the stipulations to the "most important match" straight, when the wording was super specific purposely when stipulations were made (again, it might just be Moronic announcer syndrome, and WWE insulting our intelligence like they [JBL] Love to do).

Also, Cena's quote was just to generate buzz and hype, keep in mind, he's still under WWE contract, so his job while injured is still to sell tickets, WWE has been doing everything they can to make it seem like Shane isn't winning this match (99% chance he wins with how the builds gone).

The Afterthought of adding an easily overturned stipulation if Taker loses, and every wrestler and their mother tweeting and interviewing saying there's no way Shane wins. WWE is too obvious sometimes with their Social Media army.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zay'n View Post
Obvious speculation is obvious. But you never know.

"If [Shane] beats Undertaker then I can confidently say that's probably the last time we are going to see Undertaker because if the Undertaker is as good as he says he is, for him to lose to someone coming off a seven year sabbatical, maybe you've lost a step kid."

What I think they're doing is to set up for Undertaker vs Sting. They're trying to make us think that it's absolutely not going to happen, by making 'Taker lose to Shane this Sunday. And then... surprise! Not only that, but Sting said the rumors of him retiring are just rumors, and that he has one dream match still left inside of him...
I think Sting is done. I can't see WWE clearing him to wrestle especially at his age.