WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-31-2016, 07:33 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Default TNA in "Very Serious" Talks with New Investor Who Wants Controlling Stake of Company

Quote:
There are said to be very serious talks going on in regards to TNA bringing on a new investor. The new party wants to purchase 55% of the company but Dixie Carter is trying to negotiate them having 49% so she keeps controlling power.

TNA has to live on their own money these days, which is making things tight, and The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that the investor may already be involved in a limited role.
http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-tal...ue-with-pop-tv

--

Carter is obviously not going to just give away controlling stake in the company. Just ask Jeff Jarrett what happens when you do that. Everything changes, and you are potentially voting yourself out of your own company (depending on how things fare as a result).

But it's great news to see whomever this might be wanting to invest, and wanting controlling stake at that. The last time this happened was when Jarrett and his father went to Panda in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 09:09 PM
Future Endeavored

SHAGAMANIA 3:16 is looking to come up from OCW...

I wonder who could possibly be seeing any worth in TNA.
They have lost all their draws and have lost a huge number of their audience due to them not being on Spike anymore. The only thing that would be worth something from TNA is a bargain price on the production equipment.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:44 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

You know, for all the crap Dixie gets, at least TNA has stayed alive under her...albeit barely, but alive nonetheless. I don't fault her for wanting a controlling share in her company because as you mentioned, without one she's both liable and likely to get booted out eventually.

If I'm being honest, I have more faith in TNA under Dixie Carter at this point than I do in a new investor. At least we know Dixie is willing to lose money and won't sell the house when things start going south, and knowing TNA, things will most definitely go south no matter who's running the ship at this point. Color me surprised that there are still some interested in investing in TNA at all.

Last edited by OYDK : 04-01-2016 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:49 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...dsotm5150 is looking to come up from OCW...

For the amount of money Dixie is most likely shooting for, a controlling stake is probably not out of the realm of a reasonable request. With TNA being subsidiary of a privately owned company the general public really has no clue what the net worth of TNA really is or the quarterly earning and losses like we do with a publicly traded company.

If I were an investor knowing that TNA has been around close to 15 years, I would want financial records dating back atleast 10 years so that I could get an accurate overview of how this company got in the position its in. I would also want a clear 5 year plan on how my money is going to be spent going forward, after all I would expect to make my money back and then some.

Now for the numbers, for example let's say TNA's net worth is in the $5 - $10 milllion range. Dixie doesn't have a whole lot of wiggle room when it comes requesting an investment that would leave her with controlling stake. If she's looking for any amount of money that's half the value or more of the company then there's no way she can keep controlling stake of TNA, and rightfully so given how the company has been managed in the last 5 years alone. Dixie is most likely going to just have to swallow her pride and accept minority ownership and prove she's capable of remaining in the position of President.

If she's afraid of losing her job all she has to do is have it written into the final contract that she remains in a position of power within TNA. Of course if I were the investor I would have an addendum added in that if TNA doesn't turn a profit within a certain amount of time she could be removed. It'll be interesting to see what happens though.
Old 04-01-2016, 04:28 AM
Sausage Farmers
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bischoff's Knob Slobberer sold outBischoff's Knob Slobberer sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGZ View Post
I wonder who could possibly be seeing any worth in TNA.
They have lost all their draws and have lost a huge number of their audience due to them not being on Spike anymore. The only thing that would be worth something from TNA is a bargain price on the production equipment.
What proof do you have that TNA has lost all their draws and a huge number of their audience?
Old 04-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesgonnakillu View Post
What proof do you have that TNA has lost all their draws and a huge number of their audience?
Uh... seriously? Since leaving Spike TV, TNA has lost more than half of the audience it had. In 2015 they averaged around 330,000 viewers. They always hovered around a million on Spike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:43 AM
King Of The Wasteland
ROH Pure Champion

Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Alex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm conflicted. Dixie seems extremely loyal to TNA as she hasn't ditched it but at the same time the stupid decisions made under her have been mind boggling.

The fact that some people seem interested in TNA at this point is good in the sense it hasn't been seen as a complete write off.

I guess an ideal scenario would be her keeping a majority share but her input is a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
You can get rid of chlamydia. Much easier and cheaper than getting rid of a fetus.
Old 04-01-2016, 06:42 AM

OddManRush is looking to come up from OCW...

To be honest, TNA has been a sinking ship for a few years now. The TV deals used to be significant, now you can barely find the station they are on. This is not a knock on the talent, because there is talent there.

If I'm Dixie Carter, I recognize that this is not moving forward in a positive way. Sitting back as a voiceless minority owner is insulting. If they want a controlling stake, I'd go back to the table and tell them that if they want it, to take her entire share.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:52 AM
Sally Section
Mr. Money in the Bank

Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...Rayne is going to make some noise in the draft...

It's tough to say anything with any certainty without knowing who this investor is. This could be venture capital in motion, with a group purchasing TNA, installing new management, then trying to sell it for a profit a few years down the line. It could be another person in the long line of people with Too Much Money who has chosen to blow it on professional wrestling. It could be a television distribution company looking for weekly programming for their networks (a la the Sinclair/ROH arrangement). Without knowing the identity of the buyer, it's impossible to guess at the motives for why they might want to purchase TNA- and as a result, whether they'd be interested in a 49% deal at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesgonnakillu View Post
This website is a list of historical ratings for professional wrestling programming in the United States. Unfortunately they don't have a company-by-company view, so you'll have to look at the year-by-year view. From about 2006 until 2014, TNA hovered at around one million viewers, peaking at around 1.4m in 2010. Then in 2015, with the move to Destination America, their viewership dropped off a cliff, starting at around 350,000 but dropping to 200,000. On Pop TV, about 300,000 people are watching per week.

http://www.gerweck.net/tv-ratings/

You may now make your regular rebuttal about how lol everyone is stupid here.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:23 AM
K. O. T. R. 2007 Team Undisputed
WWE European Champion

King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...King Patrick Star is getting some looks on Smackdown...

This is probably farfetched, but I hope its WWE or ROH trying to buy TNA.

WWE can take TNA and do whatever they want with the current roster. They can give them their own show or have them invade and lose to the Federation. I don’t really care. It’s the video library that I hope they take and put on the Network.

ROH can take TNA and expand both companies in ways either company can’t do right now. Both TNA and ROH need to do something, because the way I see it right now, NXT, the dependent “Indy Fed” with the greatest production value, is the second best Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainment company in the World today. NXT isn’t even on TV for “free”. NXT doesn’t even have a mid-card Championship Title. If they, TNA and ROH, don’t make a big splash soon, the distance between the 2nd best and the 3rd best will be the longest it’s ever been, since the end of the fall of the AWA.

I don't care if you know!! I don't care if you care!!