WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-29-2016, 01:28 PM

Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Detractors of Reigns are the reason why WWE doesn't push fan favorites

FIRST OFF - Don't get me wrong. You're allowed to dislike Roman Reigns, and you're allowed to boo him.

But come on, at least have a reason. A valid reason. Pack mentality is not a reason.

I'll try and cover some invalid reasons, so people don't go typing them out a hundred times in the replies.

1) He's not great on the mic - but Bryan was never really all that great on the mic either. Neither is Undertaker. I think those two proved that it takes much more than just talking well to become a star.

2) He's getting pushed too early - that's not actually his fault. Would you turn down being given the opportunity to main event WrestleMania and win the WWE title? That's a trick question. He doesn't have a choice.

Besides, Rollins got the title before him, and others have gotten it earlier. Time isn't the issue.

3) He's not great in the ring - hey, he's put on great matches before. The 'Mania 31 main event turned out pretty good. He's not Cesaro good, but only Cesaro is Cesaro good. For what it's worth, I think he's miles better in the ring than Ambrose, who always gets very strong positive reactions.

4) He's the new John Cena - I call bullshit, he's perfectly visible.

I could see why people were disgruntled when he wasn't really ready - but they're booing him as though he's still not ready, when he's actually gone and done things that wrestlers who are 'ready' haven't done before. WWE sees this hypocrisy, and chooses to ignore the boos.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 01:32 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

I am allowed to dislike Roman Reigns, and I am allowed to boo him.

I have reasons. He sucks on the mic. He got pushed WAY too early. He's not great in the ring. He's the next Cena.

Ambrose is a LOT better on the mic and in the ring. His character is a LOT more interesting, and he's actually over.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:12 PM

Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...Just Zay'n is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
I am allowed to dislike Roman Reigns, and I am allowed to boo him.

I have reasons. He sucks on the mic. He got pushed WAY too early. He's not great in the ring. He's the next Cena.

Ambrose is a LOT better on the mic and in the ring. His character is a LOT more interesting, and he's actually over.
There are guys better than Reigns, no doubt, and you're allowed to think Ambrose is better. But my point was that that's not the reason people are booing him. They're booing him because of the backstage politics; the crowd has decided to reject him solely because WWE chose to push him. That's really the instigator in all of this. WWE pushing him, not his in ring ability itself.

But that was in the past, and he's done a decent job with his push. When people are blatantly saying he's not ready, and then he goes and does a main event WM match that was actually not shit, then said people were wrong about him, by definition of 'being ready'.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:17 PM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

There are valid reasons not to like Reigns, but to try and boo him out of the building is absurd. I don't think him getting booed has anything to do with his average mic skills or perceived lack of wrestling skill or getting pushed too soon. Rather it comes down to he's not a guy who got started in a smaller organization. He's not Punk, or Bryan or Rollins or Ambrose or countless other guys who the fans love because they came up to the WWE.

All American Boys
Old 03-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

Do people boo Reigns because they don't like him or because they don't like what he represents? If Ambrose had got the same push i'd expect to hear a similar reaction.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:39 PM
Once & Future Wrestlezone Columnist
NWA Champion

THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...THTRobtaylor is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The problem is simple and one WWE don't want to acknowledge... EVERY time they have "anointed" someone since Savage, it has ultimately failed... Some were in time, able to turn it round to respect from fans... But the guys who have gone biggest are the ones the fans anointed... Austin, Foley, Bryan, Punk and to an extent Bret... People have had WWEs choices rammed down their throats and not one has truly satisfied fans... Nash was two years too soon, so they had to go back to Bret...and people did not want Shawn at all...

The best guys have gotten over organically, even Cena right at the start... Just as Reigns did... But once the machine gets behind them, at the expense of others...then whoever it is is gonna fail with the fans... Even if they do sell merch... Attitude was so important cos so many guys organically got over in a short timeframe... Austin, Rock, Foley, Trips, Angle and Jericho all got organic pushes to the top and 5 legit main eventers were created... up until Brock in 2002... Austin had only 4 months with the belt, then Rock had it, then Foley and Trips in 99, Angle and Jericho in 2000/2001... neither needed the belt for long, they just needed it to make that leap, and that way they didn't need one guy to be the guy, they had 5 at least who could be...

But they're back to the bad old days and its all about Roman... Injury might be to blame but the writing was on the wall for Rollins already, the fans right now want Ambrose...and Rollins when he is back ahead of Roman...

WWE won't get away with not listening... That Dean is in a headline match helps, but its not what the fans would have preferred... Reality is we'll know very soon... Seth will be back... And if they start building to a triple threat for the title next year with the 3 of them...not letting Bray have it for a short time was another mistake.

It's not "hot potato" if the stories are good. Think back how good Foley's relatively short runs were, cos the angles with The Rock and Hunter were so good...

Last edited by THTRobtaylor : 03-29-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:04 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y 2 Jake View Post
Do people boo Reigns because they don't like him or because they don't like what he represents? If Ambrose had got the same push i'd expect to hear a similar reaction.
We boo Reigns because of his position and how he's booked.

The man can't talk, WWE keeps giving him a stick
He can wrestle well, WWE keeps giving him underdog "Comebacks" Sleep Roman Sleep has been his gimmick since Survivor Series. WWE has him just laying around then doing a superman punch + spear for a 1-2-3.

Roman Reigns biggest problem is that WWE keeps booking to his weaknesses, rather than strengths. The "Cram down our throat" is a thing too, but people would be a ton more accepting to Reigns is he was a silent badass, He just shouldn't be playing an underdog face. He could of gotten cheers had they kept him short and sweet. Everytime the guy gets a stick we get Taters Tots, Succoring Succatash.

Also, Roman Reigns is one of the biggest dicks in real life that I've ever seen. He snubs fans and will only do the minimum for PR. This is losing him what fans he still has, but it spreads like wildfire when people do this.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...Gallops77 is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
The problem is simple and one WWE don't want to acknowledge... EVERY time they have "anointed" someone since Savage, it has ultimately failed... Some were in time, able to turn it round to respect from fans... But the guys who have gone biggest are the ones the fans anointed... Austin, Foley, Bryan, Punk and to an extent Bret... People have had WWEs choices rammed down their throats and not one has truly satisfied fans... Nash was two years too soon, so they had to go back to Bret...and people did not want Shawn at all...

The best guys have gotten over organically, even Cena right at the start... Just as Reigns did... But once the machine gets behind them, at the expense of others...then whoever it is is gonna fail with the fans... Even if they do sell merch... Attitude was so important cos so many guys organically got over in a short timeframe... Austin, Rock, Foley, Trips, Angle and Jericho all got organic pushes to the top and 5 legit main eventers were created... up until Brock in 2002... Austin had only 4 months with the belt, then Rock had it, then Foley and Trips in 99, Angle and Jericho in 2000/2001... neither needed the belt for long, they just needed it to make that leap, and that way they didn't need one guy to be the guy, they had 5 at least who could be...

But they're back to the bad old days and its all about Roman... Injury might be to blame but the writing was on the wall for Rollins already, the fans right now want Ambrose...and Rollins when he is back ahead of Roman...

WWE won't get away with not listening... That Dean is in a headline match helps, but its not what the fans would have preferred... Reality is we'll know very soon... Seth will be back... And if they start building to a triple threat for the title next year with the 3 of them...not letting Bray have it for a short time was another mistake.

It's not "hot potato" if the stories are good. Think back how good Foley's relatively short runs were, cos the angles with The Rock and Hunter were so good...
You hit the nail on the head with this one. The IWC doesn't like to be told who to cheer for and who to boo. Reigns and Cena are perfect examples of this. The WWE WANTS fans to get behind them, and some do. Typically it's the casual fan or the kids or anyone who doesn't think they know what's best for WWE. Reigns won't come out to boos like other top heels have. He won't come out to thunderous applause like top faces have. He's going to continue to get that mixed reaction until the WWE does something about it.

Fans don't want to see someone like Reigns or Cena be the underdog. They aren't built to be the underdog. Not many of their opponents tower over them or make them look inferior. Daniel Bryan was someone the fans got over. The fans CHOSE Daniel Bryan. It's not something WWE has done before and who knows if they will ever again. If they don't though, it'll be a bad business move because they need to remember that without the fans there is no WWE.

Reigns is here, and here to stay. Whether they turn him heel for keep forcing him down our throats is something we'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:48 PM

kwig2121 is looking to come up from OCW...kwig2121 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Who Does the IWC Really Like?

Undersized guys like Daniel Bryan, Dean Ambrose and CM Punk. Why because they are more believable. Hard workers because they are undersized. With the exception of Ambrose, great ring technicians, and with the exception of Bryan pretty good on the mic.

That's what it boils down to. What can you as a fan identify the most with, the average guy who has talent. Or the Super Athletic guy, who looks like he can lift the whole gym and beat the living crap out of you?

Vince looks for the IT factor. The powerhouse lifter, who has freaky athleticism and IF he can hold the crowd in the palm of his hands with a catch phrase, Vince IS SOLD.

The Rock had to bulk up to become a super hero! The catch phrases, the look was great, but the bulking up sold! It sold for Austin, Batista, HHH, Lesnar, etc. Reigns is just the next guy in line, only because Rollins is hurt.

Reigns gives you a great effort in the ring. He tries to have multi set moves. But let's face it the days of the hip toss, belly to back suplex into a cradle and a pin are over!

Vince wants Raw Power and Athleticism to sell his product. You have the right to boo, but he has the right to pick what he thinks will sell. Sure Reigns needs more volume and passion in his promos.

But we can boo all we want. Vince sold us Cena. He sold us Batista. And now he's selling us Reigns. We can boo all we want, but the only way it changes is if we stop buying and stop watching.

Heck Vince is even selling us an unbelievable story in Shane vs Taker!
Old 03-29-2016, 04:03 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

My one issue is the improvement factor with Reigns.

I think over the last year he's improved in several aspects.

His mic work still isn't great but much better than 1 year ago. Same goes for his in-ring work and skill.

I think he works hard to give the fans the best product he can. I don't think he slacks off, the hard work to get better is clearly evident.

So, I guess my question would be 2 fold:

Why can't we appreciate the hard work he puts in and at what point could boo's turn to cheers if he gets good on the mic and great in the ring? Or once boo'd, that's it, never again cheered?