WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-21-2016, 09:38 AM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default 2 years later: why destroying the shield was a bad idea.

It's been 2 years now since the shield was destroy and let face it, all 3 members hasn't lit the world on fire since the split.

Seth rollins, while one hell of a performer and was a great old school type of heel, he will still be remember as one of the worst wwe champions since the miz. Near the end of his run, he wasn't getting any reaction from the fans. Sure when I will get back from injury, he will get the standard we miss you pop that every wrestlers gets when they come back from injury, but how long before fans feel indifference again.

dean ambrose is getting decent pop but he's not enough oer to be consider a main event levvel guy andd is act as a lunatic is getting old which you see every week on tv that some fans are getting tired of it. Sadly for dean, unless something chage quick, he will stay in the upper mid card for the rest of his career.

roman reigns had some potential before vince came and ruin it all, I remember the moment last december when reigns was the most over guy in the company and then he won the wwe championship and got book like cena for awhile which made no sense and killed all the momemtum they build for him since last year wrestlemania and now he's almost unsalvageble and will probably be another fail experiment like ryback was a couple of years ago.

when those 3 we're part of the shields, they we're the most popular act in the company and could have gotten single runs while still being part of the group and you would have gotten 3 new main event stars. Instead you got 3 mid card guys that won't be as over as that should have been and will pail when compare to stars like lesnar and cena
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:30 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

LOL Is this a serious topic?

Seth Rollins was the man, he was getting huge pops and reactions (Heel reactions)

Dean Ambrose is getting the biggest pops right now.

and Roman Reigns is getting the biggest boos of anyone.

Ambrose and Rollins are/were doing better single than as a team, Roman would be doing fine if creative knew how to build him without giving him a mic, and without Super Cena booking.

The split was good as it gives each of the men a chance to build their own identity. This is partially why Roman is floundering, he's still the Shield Roman, even without the Shield.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:47 AM

Noshowers is looking to come up from OCW...

Yeah I have a hard time believing many people see it like the OP here.

Seth Rollins was the top guy and getting the biggest reactions out of the crowd while also putting on the most memorable matches on most nights. When he comes back he definitely should be slotted back into the main Event for the foreseeable future.

Dean Ambrose is the most over Babyface the company has now and would probably either already be the WWE Champ or in the Main Event for Wrestlemania if it wasn't for next wrestler and Vince's single minded obsession...Roman Reigns

Roman Reigns is the biggest heel the company has now, even though WWE doesn't want to admit it. He is such a big heel that HHH is getting cheered like a conquering hero, and would actually get the biggest pop in WWE History if he beat Reigns in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.

This whole discussion would be mute if WWE would either start booking Roman as a heel or have already been doing it for the last year and a half, but sadly their stubborness in trying to get him over as a babyface has really soured nearly everyone on the guy. This one huge mistake really does get me down on the Shield being split, because if Roman was just a Brock Lesner type monster heel we might be discussing a topic like "Is the Shield the most successful split up stable" type deal
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I can't agree with your classification of Seth Rollins as one of the worst WWE Champions since the Miz, or period for that matter. Rollins had a long, overall strong run as champion and my only real complaint was how he was fed to Brock Lesnar; that's not how you build someone who you're counting on to help carry the company for the next decade. As for his response from fans, I also have to vehemently disagree with you because Rollins received a strong response as a heel; his biggest problem was that it did get repetitive at times as he'd gone as far as he could as the Chosen One of the Authority. Rollins has the goods inside the ring, he's solid in the mic with the potential to be great and fans were invested in what he was involved in. Rollins was a heel champion and heel champions, especially if they're not 300 pound mountains of muscle, are portrayed as cowards who cheat to get what they want thereby creating the want of fans to see them get what's coming to them.

As for Dean Ambrose, I have no idea what you think qualifies as something beyond a "decent pop." A "decent pop" is what Kalisto gets. Fans don't start ripping their clothes off, scream until they're hoarse and clap until their hands are raw for wrestlers who they see on television each week. If that's the sort of response that you think goes beyond a "decent pop", then nobody in all of wrestling is over. Fans are invested in Ambrose and enjoy seeing him do his thing; they were invested during his program with Rollins, Bray Wyatt, Kevin Owens, Triple H, they're invested in his program with Brock Lesnar, etc. Guys who only get a "decent pop", don't have thousands of fans doing a "bullshit" chant after a false finish as we saw in his match with Triple H at Roadblock; they were very much interested in the notion of Ambrose becoming WWE Champion.

As for Roman Reigns, he has NEVER been the most over guy in the company, not even remotely close. When it comes to overall fan interest, Reigns is very much behind guys like Cena, Orton, Taker, New Day, Ambrose, Rollins, Jericho, Styles, Cesaro, Lesnar, Triple H, Owens and maybe a few others. Reigns' general lack of charisma is a big hurdle, but Vince made it even more difficult when he essentially started to book him and portray him in a similar light to what we've seen with Cena for most of his career.

Even in the earliest says of the Shield, Ambrose and Rollins were the ones who really stood out. Reigns came off as looking better than he was due to a more limited role as the team's muscle and by the fact his shortcomings were well concealed by two wrestlers who were much more charismatic, better in the ring and on the mic. We've seen them out on their own, that was really the only way to gauge whether or not these guys could really sink or swim; Rollins and Ambrose have got the goods to be main event talent, but I just don't see it with Reigns as there are a good number of wrestlers on the roster that many fans feel are simply much better.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 03-21-2016, 11:24 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff is looking to come up from OCW...

I read this post when it had 0 replies and didn't post my opinion as I wondered if I was totally misunderstanding the OP's point.

Seems I wasn't. I thought how they broke up the Shield was great. It perhaps didn't all go to plan as they expected but it was done well.

Rollins was brilliant as champ in my opinion, played his role brilliantly and can't wait for him to come back. Him and Ambrose have the potential to be this generations Rock and Austin.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Future British World Champ

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Un-Bo-Lievable Jeff View Post
I read this post when it had 0 replies and didn't post my opinion as I wondered if I was totally misunderstanding the OP's point.

Seems I wasn't. I thought how they broke up the Shield was great. It perhaps didn't all go to plan as they expected but it was done well.

Rollins was brilliant as champ in my opinion, played his role brilliantly and can't wait for him to come back. Him and Ambrose have the potential to be this generations Rock and Austin.
You're comparing Seth Rollins to The Rock? GTFO the Internet, NOW! Rollins isn't fit to lace up The Rock's boots and would be a nobody if HHH didn't have a man crush on him.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Much like New Day today but in a different way The Shield was one of my favorite parts of WWE programming for much of their run, even towards the end when they became clear faces. Each guy played off the others well and the combination of the group allowed each guy to hide his weaknesses.

Unfortunately Vince loves to strike when the iron is hot and choose to break them up since in wrestling the value of the team can be less than the sum of it's parts.

This has lead to a less than stellar heel championship run for Rollins that felt like it went on too long. Others in this thread seem to be arguing otherwise but there were a lot of complaints during his run. Ambrose being a decent anti-hero but not someone to take serious until the roster was so picked apart that he became next guy up. And then Reigns is Reigns.

I don't know if the break up was a mistake. It is hard to tell what they would have become after dismantling Evolution 2.0 but for my entertainment value The Shield > Ambrose + Rollins + Reigns.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?
Old 03-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Million Dollar Champion

wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...wrestlingmasters55 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The poihad athat a was making is that they we're more over as a group then seperate. While rollins was a great heel, his booking was horrible as I lost more matches. Ofhen won matches and when I won matches, they we're always with outside interference and fans that weren't hardcore wrestling fans where getting tired of it.

ambrose is technically the most over babyface by default because they don't have anybody else to replace cena, bryan and orton but he's not getting the same type of pop that lesnar, cena or orton are getting and the way is booked, it will always remain in this position

reigns had a shot at becoming the man but the bad booking decision pretty much destroyed any chance of him becoming a main event babyface

I did love how the shields broke up but looking back 2 years later, I realise that those 3 will never be as over as they we're during that era of the shields.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:34 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Let's get the inconsistencies out of the way early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Seth rollins will still be remember as one of the worst wwe champions since the miz. Near the end of his run, he wasn't getting any reaction from the fans.
Are you on something? One of the worst champions since the Miz? Rollins held the title for 7 months and probably would have held it into Mania had he not gotten hurt. He went toe to toe with Brock Lesnar, John Cena, and Sting and likely would have faced HHH at Mania this year. Rollins was easily one of the best new WWE champions in a REALLY long time. Personally, he was one of the main reasons why I tuned in. And his reactions were getting bigger as the run went on.

Quote:
dean ambrose is getting decent pop but he's not enough oer to be consider a main event levvel guy
He's the most over face in the whole company... how is that not over enough to be considered a main event level guy?

Quote:
now he's almost unsalvageble and will probably be another fail experiment like ryback was a couple of years ago.
Reigns will have two Mania main events under his belt and likely 4 WWEWHC "reigns" after the night is over in April. No matter what, he's not going to be a failed experiment.

Quote:
Instead you got 3 mid card guys that won't be as over as that should have been and will pail when compare to stars like lesnar and cena
Actually you have 3 stars which is exactly what was supposed to happen.

If you want to convince me, your argument will need to be a whole lot stronger than this.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Future British World Champ

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Are you having a fucking laugh? The only reason Seth Rollins got anywhere near the title is because HHH has a man crush on him! FACT!