WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-17-2016, 11:43 AM
Believes in The Shield!
WWE European Champion

Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...Trill Co$by scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via MSN to Trill Co$by Send a message via Skype™ to Trill Co$by
Default Can we stop pretending Eva sucks now?

So I was watching NXT last night (because I'm one of few who watches the original feed) and on the show, Eva Marie displayed a very intriguing set of moves, and to be quite honest, has improved a lot since her days of being on Superstars just to promote Season 1 of Total Divas. But as I went back and watched other Eva Marie NXT matches I realized, Eva's a damn good heel and knows what she's doing. Her deliverance of being that snotty California barbie comes off natural, her moveset is actually very well rounded, and her microphone is very decent. The fact that she gets heat is another plus, considering she's a heel. And if I'm being honest, whenever she does beat Bayley for the title (it's coming, we all know this) I can honestly see her being able to keep up with Bayley to the point of them having a very technically sound women's wrestling match.

So, with all that, can we please just stop pretending Eva Marie sucks and actually give her credit?
Proud #BellaArmy Member
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:32 PM
The Greatest of All Time
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...The Scarred One is looking to come up from OCW...

I personally never had a problem with Eva Marie and there's no doubt she has really improved since joining the WWE.

A lot of the hate she gets is mostly from getting pushed on the main roster WAY before she was even ready for any in-ring activity. But the WWE had just started Total Divas and they wanted to take advantage of that in regards to Eva Marie. It's understandable. They had to get her out there and let people see her. The problem is it created a lot of backlash from fans to see someone get a strong push without any proper training just because she was on a "reality" television show. When she eventually first started working down in NXT, she was practically booed out of the building because of the way the company had utilized her. At least now, she has been able to translate that into heel heat.

But like I said, I have no problem with Eva Marie. She has improved in the ring, has a marketable look and has a strong character/personality that fits in the WWE. I've always thought that if she had the work ethic of a Trish Stratus, she could really be something to keep an eye on.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:44 PM

xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...

Improved at all? Sure. But I think it's putting the cart before the horse to say that she'll be able to put on a 'technically sound' match just yet. I also watched the match. She threw a couple slaps, a rest hold and spent the rest of the match getting beat up. In her defense, the selling wasn't that bad, but she still looks like a fish out of water whenever she's supposed to be in control. I also have to respectfully disagree that anything she does comes off as natural, nor would I consider her mic work to be anywhere near decent. She's just not a good actress, and she's got a long way to go in the ring. Slowly, very slowly improving, yes. As she is now, I don't mind her being around. If she IS the one who beats Bayley (or Asuka, even), she'll never recover from the backlash.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:10 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Her actual moveset isn't all too bad, but her reactions, the way she forgets to sell being hit (when her and Nia attacked Carmella, it took Bayley 3 swings before Eva decided to notice being hit)

She reminds me of a kid in an elementary school play, trying to play the part so hard, but displaying the wrong facial features or emotions constantly.

The only reason she even has a job, is because she's one of Total Diva's originals where they're following her career, if she wasnt on Total Divas, she would of been cut years ago.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:58 PM

Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
So I was watching NXT last night (because I'm one of few who watches the original feed) and on the show, Eva Marie displayed a very intriguing set of moves, and to be quite honest, has improved a lot since her days of being on Superstars just to promote Season 1 of Total Divas. But as I went back and watched other Eva Marie NXT matches I realized, Eva's a damn good heel and knows what she's doing. Her deliverance of being that snotty California barbie comes off natural, her moveset is actually very well rounded, and her microphone is very decent. The fact that she gets heat is another plus, considering she's a heel. And if I'm being honest, whenever she does beat Bayley for the title (it's coming, we all know this) I can honestly see her being able to keep up with Bayley to the point of them having a very technically sound women's wrestling match.

So, with all that, can we please just stop pretending Eva Marie sucks and actually give her credit?

Whom? Oh the sexy Redhead.....Sure if you want to stop pretending she sucks then go for it. I personally like to pretend she does suck.

But I agree, I mean she has the sexy look, and she is getting better far better than Lana. But hey blonde makes morons go crazy. Thank god for Amanda hotter, sexier and far better in everyway.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:22 PM

YatesA is looking to come up from OCW...

She has improved for sure but I feel she's a lesser version of Nikki Bella
Old 03-17-2016, 02:35 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S#cial Sector View Post
So I was watching NXT last night (because I'm one of few who watches the original feed)
Just you and about 500 thousand of your closest friends.

But yea anyways, Eva still needs to be led, and carried, when it comes to putting pen to paper, but her charisma and connection with the crowd is fantastic. If she truly commits over the next few years, and is in this for the long haul, she could become an all-time talent if she can be brought to a place were she is even a C+ when it comes to actual ring work.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

There are female wrestlers hat I admire because of their ability, then there are ones I want to put myself inside. Eva is the latter. And I'm a big fan because of that.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

They're making the right moves with her, she's improved, but she's nowhere near where she should be. She shouldn't really be on TV at this point, but good lord above does she have heat.

Eva looked slow on plodding in the ring next Asuka and Bayley. Some of the spots he's hitting are exciting, but she's missing the natural fundamentals and instincts. It's the place one would expect her to be learning to wrestle north of age 30.

But holy crap is she an attractive woman, and that will ultimately keep her being pushed. The entire concept of sending her to NXT was to transfer that midas touch onto her. I'm not sure it's working, but at least she's working as a heel. She's benefitted from the trainers in NXT. She might be passable wrestler in few more years, but I doubt WWE will let her stay in NXT that long.

She doesn't suck, she's just the least talented wrestler on the entire roster. But fear not Eva Marie fans, Lana is debuting soon.
Old 03-17-2016, 02:45 PM

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

Sure I will stop pretending that Eva sucks................when she stop pretending to be wrestling.
OK in all seriousness she has improved but that's not saying much. Anyone will/can improve when they go from having had ZERO wrestling background to training for a year or so.

As others have mention, there are other parts to wrestling besides a move-set. Eva seems to struggle with selling and when she is on the offensive she looks to be going in motions.
She does have great heat but its more "go away" heat than anything. She has potential but she is far from reaching it. She has to figure things out and put it ALL together,

With all that said, I do agree with the OP in that Eva will be one to finally put an end to Bayley's title reign. BUT I also see Eva as being one of the few stars that will come out of NXT as a multiple time champion (2-4) before finally being called up.