WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 03-14-2016, 05:31 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Are you excited for Wrestlemania?

There is only little less than three weeks away until WrestleMania. Although a lot of wrestlers are injured and the build has been fairly lackluster, it should be a good show. The main match and story is Roman Reigns vs. Triple H for the the WWE Championship. Dean Ambrose faces Brock Lesnar in a No DQ match. Lastly Shane McMahon faces the Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell for control of the company. There's also a chance WWE could break the indoor attendance record.

However it feels like something is missing. It doesn't feel like WrestleMania season. I'm not very excited. I'm sure other posters might share this sentiment because (as I said earlier) the build has been fairly lackluster and illogical. Still it is 'Mania so I'm at least somewhat interested. Anyways for the questions:

Are you excited for WrestleMania?
Which match are you most looking forward to?
Which match has had the best build so far?
Any other thoughts on the show?

Last edited by BestSportsEntertainer : 03-14-2016 at 05:34 PM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 06:10 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

I haven't been excited for a Mania in years but they usually end up exceeding my expectations. Every year people say, "it doesn't feel like Mania season" and that's probably because WWE doesn't treat it like Mania season. Since Mania 27, the "RTW" hasn't been much different or more exciting than any other part of the year, but as you said, it should be a good show nonetheless this year. Mania's usually the only PPV that I watch live and I generally find that I get my money's worth.

As for your questions:

Kind of, not really.
Shane/Taker
Don't even know. Probably HHH/Roman but Becky/Sasha/Charlotte and AJ/Jericho have also had great builds.
Doubt it will be one of the better Manias with all the talent missing, but hopefully it can live up to the hype.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:14 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post

Yes, for multiple reasons.

Shane vs Taker = WTF are they gonna do

More people booing Roman Reigns than attended WrestleMania 3 = WTF are they gonna do

I am also a mark for production, and am super excited to see the spectacle of that Stadium with Mania in it.

Quote:
The aforementioned, for those reasons

Quote:
AJ Styles Vs Y2J, and the Women's Title match(<----WOW)

Quote:
This one appears to have much more potential from the outset than last year. Numerous matches that will either be interesting, or have every chance to be damn good.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:42 PM
WZCW's Tony Mancini & Milenko
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

To answer the title question not really. This Mania season has been so lackluster I haven't watched a full episode of RAW in weeks and it's the Road to WrestleMania for crying out loud.

I'm excited for a couple matches (Dean vs Brock & Diva 3way) but that's because I'm a fan of the participants.

HIAC will be a complete train wreck which will be fun to watch in a cringe worthy sort of way.

That's about it and for WrestleMania that's rather sad for the biggest show of the year.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:45 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
I hate to say it, but not so much. Say what you will about things 'feeling like WrestleMania season', but the last few years have not been so lacking in storyline development. With blatant audibles such as Lesnar/Wyatt being changed to Lesnar/Ambrose, or the completely left field McMahon/Undertaker angle, the pacing of the build to WrestleMania seems, well, wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see these matches, but I feel like I should have been chomping at the bit to see these matches by now.

Roadblock didn't help, either. I enjoyed the special, but it didn't feel like part of the 'road to WrestleMania', it felt like a detour. Filler, you might say(Hi, Coco!). Complete circumvention of the build up to the biggest event of the year.

There is also the injury factor. Too many big names are off the card this year, but that doesn't excuse the creative team's lackadaisical approach to WrestleMania.

Quote:
Brock Lesnar vs Dean Ambrose. I'm glad they made a street fight. There's no reason this match shouldn't be every bit as good as Lesnar/Punk was in 2013.

Quote:
AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho. Every segment I've caught with these two has been so well executed. Jericho cared about the partnership very much, as shown by moments like getting kicked in the face for Styles. He was just too petty to maintain it. Jericho plays a face well, and a heel extraordinarily. This more recent run of his has endeared him back in my good graces as a fan.

Quote:
Funny enough, now that I've properly articulated my concerns, I'm a little more excited for this year's event. It's still missing 'that feeling', but the card is still going to be pretty damn good, despite a questionable build up.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 03-14-2016, 09:17 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

How can I be excited? We have only got one RAW of buid-up of Roman vs Triple H and they also turnt me off after that Undertaker appereance. Ambrose vs Lesnar also had an one RAW of build-up. Styles vs Jericho is something we've seen before. I'm still wating to see what they do with the IC and US titles. The Divas Championship match is the only match that has a decent build-up. Haha oh the irony. Also, there's no programm for Bray Wyatt.

I blame Roadblock for that. The past two RAWs have been focused around building Roadblock and not Wrestlemania. Where was Heyman? Why aren't we getting more Dean vs Brock or more Roman vs Triple H?

I still can't answer this question that the OP posted. Am I excited? Not so much, but we really haven't seen much build-up yet. Let's see what happens tonight on RAW.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:47 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I am, I think Wrestlemania will be an entertaining night. Just look at Triple Hs game right now, he's as good as he ever was and will make Roman look great in the main event. Ambrose vs Brock will be a great match, especially if Ambrose beats the odds and defeats The Beast. Shane vs Taker will most likely have a boatload of shenanigans involved plus AJ vs Y2J is pretty much guaranteed a great match as will the triple threat Divas match.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:44 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

I am not excited at all. I'll watch because it's WrestleMania but the card is shaping up to be a snoozefest.

Reigns/H we know the result already and it's a match nobody really wants to see.

Undertaker/Shane has the intrigue of a new era for the company and I expect some major plot twist but the match itself and the wrestling will be abysmal.

Lesnar/Ambrose should steal the show and should. If it flops the entire event will be one of the worst in history.

New Day/League of Nations meh.... seems like a forced rivalry.

Ryback/Kalisto... how awful is this? Why in the world does WWE think Ryback deserves a singles match instead of just inclusion in the Andre the Giant battle royal?

AJ/Y2J... somewhat intriguing as they've had good matches already but getting a bit tired of this feud already and still have 3 weeks to go

Intercontinental match... Owens vs Zayn? Some kind of fatal 4-way with Ziggler and Miz or something else?

Divas championship... might be decent but nothing to get me excited
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 AM
Magical Girl
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hell yeah I'm excited. Not always for the right reasons, but I am excited. NorCal mentioned being excited in terms of "how the fudge are they going to pull this off" re: Reigns/HHH and Shane/Taker, and I admit that's how I feel too.

But on the positive side the mid-card is genuinely stacked. The Divas title has been built well, and holy shit, all 3 girls involved are actually over. It's a matter of time until they announce either Owens/Sami for this card and we all know that's the internet fanservice match they might actually do, or some other awesome IC belt match. New Day are probably wrestling and will certainly be hilarious as usual because dank fucking memes. Doesn't matter if the League are boring, boring makes for the perfect foils to New Day.

AJ/Y2J should be the blowoff and I think it will be great. Ambrose/Lesnar could go either way for me at this point given that there were other options for them, but I think character-wise it's a good matchup.

Yeah outside of a couple of bad decisions surrounding main event, the card doesn't look bad to me. Not amazing for Mania but it's not beyond hope.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:59 AM

aaronmb is looking to come up from OCW...

Only ppv's Ive watched have been the past have been part of the Royal Rumbe's and Mania. The last two RR matches were awful and the last Mania would've been better just reading about it.
With that said, Im more than likely going to read a spoiler free reaction to it first, as the only two matches that interest me are Styles vs Jericho and Lesnar vs Ambrose(possible stealers).
Taker vs Shane COULD be interesting, though like everyone else, Im expecting some kind of swerve.
Triple H vs Reigns- either triple h retains, then loses to Rollins or Reigns wins to a bunch of boos. Doesnt matter to me.