WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-24-2016, 08:43 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Does NXT have the roster depth to support two hours weekly?

Let me start by saying that I am not one of those "NXT is better is than WWE" people. I think that WWE has five hours to fill and some of what they have is filler. I think that as the current NXT roster starts to move up, there will be less filler, but for the time being, 20 minute main event interviews are going tohave to happen.

My point is that there are certain superstars that most people want to see weekly.

Bayley - Clearly the most over woman, other than Sasha, in all of WWE, one of the original Horsewomen and a great performer. She is the most over person on the roster.

Finn Balor - He is the friggin NXT champ and he's not even on every week. He is right behind Bayley for being over. I know he is injured right now, but he can at least have a presence of some kind.

Enzo and Cass - I love those guys. Enzo has more charisma than half the Raw roster and Cass is a future World Heavyweight Champ. Plus Carmella

American Alpha - Gabriel and Jordan are incredibly dynamic, fun to watch, and always make their opponents look great.

Dash and Dawson, Vaudevillans, Blake and Murphy, etc. - Two of those three teams should be on weekly, of for no other reason, to be foil to the face teams above. Plus, Alexa Bliss.

Asuka and Nia Jaxx - Bayley needs foils.

Nakamura, Bullet CLub members, Joe, Generico, that dude with the guitar.....

That is quite a roster, and it seems like an hour is just rushing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:17 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

One of the biggest issues I hear from people on here is over saturation with the product. NXT is perfect the way it is. Once they start screwing with things that's when it goes bad. Part of the reason you want to see these people every week is because you can't.

If it's not broken, don't fix it.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:38 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...

I don't think this is a case of absence making the heart grow fonder. I think that we see the same six people on WWE TV for 75% of the airtime and that's the issue. Five hours of TV would be easier to fill if they used the talent they have to fill it. Reigns and Ambrose and Vince and Steph get 8 segments in a 15 segment show. Do we need to see a backstage vingette to discuss the ramifications of the 20 minute talking segment you just did?

NXT would be different. There is enough talent to spread it around and there's no Vince sitting there telling everyone that family drama is why people watch a wrestling show. Vince thinks people watch The Big Bang Theory because of the science instead of Kaey Cuoco.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:45 PM

bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...bjarvis is looking to come up from OCW...

NXT is the show that needs 2 hours. At least an hour and a half.

There's all the incoming / indy stars: Finn, Joe, Bullet Club, Hideo, Asaka, etc.
but there is also all the original stars and Tough Enough stars. So yes, it definitely needs a 2nd hour and a 2nd title.
Old 02-24-2016, 11:07 PM

Anger is looking to come up from OCW...Anger is looking to come up from OCW...Anger is looking to come up from OCW...

I am a huge NXT fan, and am certainly one whom finds it to be more entertaining and satisfying than Raw or SmackDown, and its live events better than those of the main roster for the most part, if for no other reason than better creative direction and storytelling. I believe NXT would be watered down at two hours per week, because its appeal is its wealth of talent, and not every performer being on week after week. I honestly think Raw and SmackDown would be better at two hours each, with alternating talent and angles appearing each week, keeping things fresh. And storylines from the previous week could just receive a backstage,video or in-ring promo to further that angle with the audience until it returns on a future episode. This might also help to keep talent from being overused physically and mentally, hopefully providing a little downtime for those not featured or in action on a given episode.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM

Paramecia_eater is looking to come up from OCW...

Totally just thinking this right now but I think if it even comes to two hours it would happen more naturally than forceful like raw I feel like raw just has to much confidence and is a try hard
Old 02-25-2016, 01:03 PM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...

One of the prime situations were "just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Could they? Probably.

Thing is, NXT is as hot as hot can be right now, and no matter what, will always be a feeder system to RAW. In all likelihood any given year they will lose 25% (at least) of their most over people, and have to rebuild.

Between "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" and the fact that NXT is an ever-evolving rotating roster, it needs to stay just as it is.
Old 02-25-2016, 01:46 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

We already have people who are LITERALLY not named on the show, almost weekly at this point.

Keeping it short keeps it from needing to bloat the card or repeat matches like when we saw Dolph Ziggler vs KO with the same exact finish 4 weeks in a row on RAW, because they need to fill all 3 hours.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Top Guys Out
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...Bagpipes scored a win over Santino Marella...

I wouldn't go as far as to call Cass a future WHC at this point. He has the look and the mic skills (at least when Enzo is there to do most of the heavy lifting), but he's still kind of stuck in that prototypical big man offensive moveset. Clotheslines, big boots, throws, all fine and dandy, I just think he needs to develop a bit more uniqueness in that respect to be among the best performers in the company.

As for the show itself, I could certainly see a change to 2 hour shows negatively affecting the layout and style that we've all grown to love from NXT. It's fine as it is, the longer Takeover specials are good enough to make up for the condensed weekly shows.

Maybe adding some kind of programming on the network that airs after NXT for an hour, or even half an hour would be beneficial to fans seeking more exposure to the product. Behind the scenes stuff like Breaking Ground, or even "A Day in the Life of (NXT Superstar)" could be cool.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:25 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I would most certainly oppose 2 hours. I'm sure it could be done, but it would be detriment to the product. Having the likes of Bayley and Finn not appear every week is a good thing, different people get to main event the show and it allows talents to have a level playing field. I also imagine increasing to 2 hours would mess around with their taping schedule.