WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-23-2016, 01:07 AM
The Show himself
WWE Diva's Champion

CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...CyberPunk scored a win over Santino Marella...
Send a message via Skype™ to CyberPunk
Default Wrestlemania 32 - The Undertaker vs Shane McMahon (Hell in a cell)

I didn't see a thread on this, so I am creating one. For those of you who didn't watch Raw, Shane McMahon returned to WWE and will face the Undertaker at Wrestlemania in a Hell in a Cell match. Seemingly, Raw's control is on stake in this one.

First of all, I marked out hard when I saw ShaneO'Mac. It was awesome! It was kept under the wraps which made it even better. Still, I have mixed feeling on this one. There's no doubt the match will sell, and for a change this is more than just another Taker at Wrestlemania match because something's at stake here. On the other hand, I have no idea what kind of shape Shane is in. He looked great, and back in the day he was more than a decent brawler with some sick moves. But that was way back in the day.

I expect a brawl here and some kind of interference. I can't picture Taker losing this one. I just hope this is not Shane's on-and-done kind of deal.

How do you feel about this match? What are you expecting?

Last edited by CyberPunk : 02-23-2016 at 01:18 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 01:35 AM

Khaotix523 is looking to come up from OCW...

Expecting something similar to what took place at WM23 during the battle of the billionaires between trump and vince. Don't really think Shane will go toe to toe with the undertaker, my guess is he'll place someone in the match to fight for him. Sting perhaps? Maybe Steve Austin? The Rock?

if that were to be the case, then would you want one of those three to win against taker? i think what would be interesting is seeing Shane get control of Raw and Steph getting control of Smackdown and we see a revisted brand split/warfare angle. Sibling rivalry
Old 02-23-2016, 02:53 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...Dragonslayer worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hm, well Shane O'Mac's return seems like a bit of a desperation move for WWE right now. With Undertaker's designated opponent in John Cena sidelined, along with many others of WWE's top tier, and Brock Lesnar having been done too often this past year to still draw, this looks like a last resort option.

However, it also looks like it's a time-buying option. With John Cena recently tweeting that he's training hard to make it in time for WM32, but still not being cleared, I could imagine that WWE is trying to hold out for as long as they can, and see if Cena will be ready. And if so, he will take Shane's place in the Cell against Taker.

That would make for some interesting constellations: Who's the face and who's the heel in that? If Shane wants to take RAW over from the heel authority, that would make him - and whoever his "associates" are - faces. But that would make Undertaker a heel again, which only works partially right now due to his legend status. They tried doing it against Brock Lesnar, and it didn't really work. Could it work against a returning Shane (maybe) or against a returning Cena (maybe not, considering the mixed reactions he always gets anyways)?

Also, Shane is 46 years old now, and has been away from the business for quite a while. I can't imagine him being anywhere near wrestling shape, or at least "crazy-bumping-shape" as he's been in the past. Sure, Vince did a lot of matches in his older years, but he's also a fitness and workout freak, and has been around the business at all times, keeping in shape. Shane, I'm a bit more worried about, also considering his daredevil approach to matches and the crazy spots he used to do. I don't really see that happening at 46 years old for him.

So, if Shane is not fighting his battle himself, and Cena can't make it either... it leaves us with the question again: Who else is there?

Currently, I could only think about The Rock (unlikely due to timing issues), Batista (maybe more likely, but we've seen that) and maybe even Sting (though also unlikely due to his injury last year) - but outside of these guys and Cena, WWE doesn't really have any top tier talent left who would even be worthy of challening Undertaker at Mania, let alone possibly defeat him.

Although, I don't think Shane will win that match and stay for a longer residency with WWE... I think it might just be another attempt to put more heat on the Authority. Shane comes in, threatens to take RAW away from the "bad guys"... but then fails in the HIAC against Undertaker, and the Authority asserts their dominance yet again, while a newly crowned WWE champion in Roman Reigns continues to oppose them. That seems the most probable path right now to me.

But I'm always willing (and hoping) to be surprised
Old 02-23-2016, 03:45 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

I enjoy Shane's return but this match is pretty garbage. Either outcome is awful.

Either Undertaker loses in his home state in likely his last match ever.

Or Shane loses and the whole angle of him taking over WWE and completely turning it upside down and a whole new "era" if you will gets thrown right out the window.

i would have preferred several different opponents for Undertaker and I'm sure WWE could have figured out a different opponent for Shane where he could have won.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:03 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

It would be amazing for Shane to take control of Monday Night Raw, and give us a new era. As much as I love Triple H, I am getting a bit tired of The Authority being in control now, it's gone on for far too long now and it's time to freshen things up.

However, that requires him to beat Undertaker in his home state, and I can't see WWE having 'Taker do the job at WM again, especially if it's not his last match, and even more unlikely if its against a non-wrestling 46 year old. Will Shane get "bloodied" so badly that he can't compete and get a replacement in to beat The Dead Man? Perhaps Goldberg?

If he DOES get in the ring at 'Mania, I fully expect we'll see Shane taking some risks, it's pretty much a guarantee and I reckon this will be an entertaining match, and it certainly will be fun seeing "The Boy Wonder" back in the ring again, it's been too long without him on screen.

I can't call a winner though. For storyline purposes...Shane. It would be a massive let down if he didn't take over on Raw after the build this match will get, but 'Taker losing to SHANE MCMAHON in his home state in HIAC? I can't see that happening...

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:04 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I say Taker wins but Reigns wins later to make the fans happy lol. I find it hard for Shane to win without interference.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:52 AM
Where it at doe?
ROH Pure Champion

Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...Khalifa is getting some looks on Smackdown...

My initial thought was damn WWE done messed up again. I could not believe what was happening. After some more thought though I'm buying into it. Takers match last year with Wyatt just wasn't quite the same as it was when the streak was on the line, but with Monday Night Raw on the line, to me atleast, has made his match this year more intriguing. Unless I've got it wrong but Taker is on the bad guys team. What a twist. I personally now love the idea.

Do I want Shane to wrestle? No chance in hell. He is too old to be doing the crazy stuff he was doing 15 years ago. I won't be disappointed if it happens though as it surely means someone is at the least interfering on Shane's behalf. John Cena actually fits that mold as someone who wants the authority gone. That means though that you are using Shane as almost a decoy to build or protect whoever is coming in, if someone is at all. Thus taking away the whole reason why Mania is so special which is its build. Sure it will be Shane vs Taker but the finish will all be about the person who helped Shane. So I would expect WWE in the next few weeks to maybe expose whoever is either helping Shane or going to be replacing Shane in the match.

Just a little fanboy in me but Seth Rollins could be a good option as well. Story isn't quite there just yet but we all could see Seth eventually being either ousted or leaving the authority to start a feud. Would be a good way to start HHH vs Rollins, turns Rollins face, lets Reigns move onto other things and then sets up Rollins and Reigns for summer slam. Would mean your skipping over Taker/Rollins, HHH/Rollins and maybe even Reigns/Rollins pretty fast though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacistHulkHogan View Post
Khalifa tears dude. Tears flowing daddy. Only love. HH
Old 02-23-2016, 05:31 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

How anybody accepts this as a match I do not know. Shane had some entertaining matches and this will get booked straight from Shortcut City, but how is this a marquee match?

If WWE has nothing for Undertaker then give him a full time heel and try to make somebody. Him vs. Sheamus is a match I would actually like to see. Or rebuild Rusev.

And when did Undertaker join The Authority?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:52 AM

Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...Really? is looking to come up from OCW...

The question "when did Taker join the Authority" is key. He didn't. I believe the first time we see Taker, he says he can't fight for Vince because he's fighting for Shane. Vince then has to find someone to fight for him. Enter the miracle healer, John Cena. Look, he's getting booed out of Dallas no matter what, so have him rep the heel. Taker losing to Shane would be pushing logic, even for WWE. With Cena, Taker can win, Shane can put a proxy in charge, and at the end of the match, Cena can raise Taker's hand and still be a face.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:13 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...

From a kayfabe point of view, this makes a lot of sense: why wouldn't Vince book this? Shane is doomed on paper. In practice it of course is totally insane: Shane McMahon who returns after seven years away, was never actually a wrestler and was out of breath from doing his dance to the ring let alone working in it is going to go one on one with the Undertaker (Teddy Long eat your heart out) inside Hell in a Cell. Wut?

I can't see this staying this way. Shane's got a history of outsmarting his father in high pressure situations and we could easily see him flip the tables on Vince by coercing him into signing the contract on Raw, only to reveal his lawyers have changed it to Vince' representative (The Undertaker) versus Shane's (Cena or Sting or Evil Lincoln or Whoever). Nicely tied up, Shane gets to be at Mania to see if his guy can seize control of the company for him and can still get involved when the Cell gets broken open and he needs to stop interference.

Its a game changer this match because if Shane wins, we could be on the cusp of a new direction which would be merciful after the last, almost two years worth of ever more grating Authority 20 minute opening promos. Shane as a part time authority figure who stays out of things mostly and takes a back seat would be refreshing for the main roster. Or maybe we get another brand split? After all the specifics of this are still quite vague. 'I want control of Monday Night Raw' could easily be twisted by Vince/Steph/Hunter to mean they get control of SmackDown.

Whatever the case its certainly got us talking and, with five weeks still to go, there's plenty of time for this to change shape all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.