WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-22-2016, 06:20 AM
People Like Me, We Don't Play
ROH Pure Champion

FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...FunKay the Inevitable is a United States Champion...
Default Wrestlemania 32 - World Heavyweight Championship: Triple H VS Roman Reigns

Its official:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWE.com
It’s onto Dallas, where the ironclad King of Kings battles his Kevlar-encased challenger, Roman Reigns.

As The Road to WrestleMania rounds its final bend, Roman Reigns finds himself, once again, staring down the finish line and the prize at the end of the run.

This time, however, it won’t be the unstoppable Beast Incarnate looking to deny The Big Dog, but current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Triple H, the unyielding figurehead of The Authority and the man who effectively snatched the title from Reigns in the closing moments of the 2016 Royal Rumble Match.

That Reigns got back to this stage is remarkable enough: The tests he’s gone through since his Royal Rumble Match victory in 2015 would have caused a lesser Superstar to tuck tail and run. If nothing else, Reigns’ ability to plow past Lesnar and his best friend Dean Ambrose (again) at WWE Fastlane to earn the match with The Game should serve as proof to even his staunchest detractors that he’s made of stronger stuff than many gave him credit for this time last year.

Whether desire is enough, this time, will be the question. It wasn’t last year, when Reigns, riding a mantra of “I Can, I Will,” put then-champion Lesnar on his heels in the main event of WrestleMania 31 before Seth Rollins swooped in and stole the show.
This has been building since June 2nd 2014. That was the night The Shield was separated after Triple H promised Seth Rollins the world and he stabbed Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose in the back. Reigns wanted to carve his way through the Authority to get to Triple H in the aftermath of that, but ended up getting injured so that element was skipped en-route to Reigns' build as challenger to Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 last year. That - along with the sufferin' succotash booking and it being made painfully clear that Reigns was 'the chosen one' - lead to Reigns being received with less than gracious applause and plans were changed with Rollins stealing the title.

Fast forward one year and we're in a similar position: a part-time champion has the title and Reigns has just won a match at Fastlane to send himself into the main event against said champion. Now the difference here is that Roman is facing the guy he has a long history with. And that, to me, is the key to making this work. Let's not just pretend this is from Survivor Series to this point, let's acknowledge that Reigns has been waiting the better part of two years to get this match and his opportunity to strike the death blow at The Authority; to win the title and end Triple H and Stephanie's "reign of terror".

Most folks aren't going to accept this anyway, so why not put the effort in to try and win at least a few more fans over with a half decent storyline? Sadly I feel WWE will likely just throw goons Reigns' way to dismantle with little to no effort and Roman will just be your typical Superman heading in to the obvious main event climax. Reigns was cheered for showing emotion and being a badass. He can be that again if WWE gives him the material to work with. If they don't its more of the same and Triple H gets cheered when he's supposed to be the big bad.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the WrestleMania main event this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
THis guy gets it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Legend.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 AM
Slightly Autistic
Undisputed WWE Champion

Location: Stoke-on-Trent (Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of)
Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...Y 2 Jake is a United States Champion...

It makes sense, which switching Ambrose into the Reigns spot didn't.

It's hard to get excited when Reigns is already a two time champ. This should be his first coronation.

I actually think Triple H could win, purely because I'm not sure if I see him losing the title at his first defense.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Behold my diction
WCW TV Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

I've got nothing against Roman Reigns, I think it made perfect sense for the WWE to invest in him.

Booing Roman Reigns is fun, people love doing it. He gets pops here and there, but for the most part -- especially at PPV -- the haters rule the crowd. As a fan, I'll be very confused if Roman doesn't go heel.

I want HHH to win, mainly because for the first time in a long time I actually find myself liking him. Right now, I can't think of anyone else (besides Lesnar) on the roster who can wear the belt with nearly as much of a right to do so.

If Roman goes heel, then I could see myself finally taking him seriously as a world champion.
Old 02-22-2016, 07:06 AM
WZCW Head of Creative
World Heavyweight Champion

Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...Dave is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Is it bad that I really want to see Triple H keep the Championship at WrestleMania? Not because I am a huge Triple H fan. But because I have literally zero interest in seeing Roman Reigns as WWE Heavyweight Champion again. I mean, this will be his third reign in the last 4 months! That's insane booking. It's no wonder people don't give a shit about the Championship when it's being bounced around like a fucking tennis ball on ever PPV.

Regardless, the only way that Reigns is a good champion is against someone like Seth Rollins. Now that would be interesting to watch. But since Rollins has a few months left to go on his rehab, I'd totally be behind Triple H hanging onto the Championship until around then. Have Triple H finally lose it to Reigns a few months down the line and then he brings back Rollins to get it back. It's not perfect but it's an alternative to what the WWE obviously has planned.

Reigns is the WWE's biggest baby face at the moment and the people are booing him out of the arena! It's ridiculous to think that he's going to get less cheers than Triple H, who is the heel, at WrestleMania! I really wish the WWE would start listed in to its fans more. They don't want Roman but there is nothing they can do about it.

Prediction-turned-obvious-choice: Roman goes over, duh.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:29 AM
Knockout Champion

The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...The Fabulous Rougeau's worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I still wouldn't rule out the chance of Ambrose being added to the match and making it a triple threat. They could run something along the lines of the authority continuing to play off of the and trying to build the jealousy between the two so that at Mania they go after each other.

This also free's up Brock for Bray instead of the alternative of booking Ambrose vs Brock and forcing Bray to work with some combination of his family against some combo of Ryback, Kane and Show.

All American Boys
Old 02-22-2016, 09:09 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yeah We really have a predictable main event of Wrestlemania 32. I am not implying that predictable is bad though. Triple H really should not win this match. Let Reigns win this match. There is no other viable option. If Crowd cheers him, its all good but if they dont, there is always a heel turn waiting.

As for the other news, I would surely cheer Reigns against Triple H at Wrestlemania.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:44 PM
Why mail cabbage? Seriously! Why?
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Is Triple H matches predictable though...? Remember Sting? Booker T? Those were sure wins that The Game made fools of the experts in both cases. Triple H rarely ever has a bad Wrestlemania match and I fully expect this one to be another great match. He had a great match with Sting and Daniel Bryan, now he'll have one with Roman Reigns, I'm sure there will be multiple shenanigans turning the climax to add to the drama. Now that Triple H is in the main event, his entrance should be something on par with a Fighter Jet landing in the stadium while he hangs on one of the wings, he lets go into a 150 foot mechanical hand, that explodes before dropping him into the ring in a metallic skull costume that costs a few million dollars. Then Roman Reigns changes things up for his own entrance, he walks through the crowd from a different direction.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:41 PM
#SwerveKing
WWE Diva's Champion

Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...Sexcellence of Sexecution scored a win over Santino Marella...

Triple H thinks he's Ric Flair, and he wants to "make" Reigns like Flair made Sting and Luger. Except he isn't Ric Flair. And Reigns isn't over as a babyface. Reigns is going to get shat on by less than 100 000 fans. I have nothing against the guy really, I'm just reporting the facts.

Triple H will do suck it taunts, probably have some sort of Lemmy tribute entrance, and will get cheered by 90% of the crowd. Reigns will be even worse off than he is now. We've already seen Reigns win the World Title twice, there's nothing special about seeing him win it again and so its hard for the fans to really get excited or emotionally invested in this match. This isn't a must-see main event, and that's a problem.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:05 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...kadroan worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexcellence of Sexecution View Post
Triple H thinks he's Ric Flair, and he wants to "make" Reigns like Flair made Sting and Luger. Except he isn't Ric Flair. And Reigns isn't over as a babyface. Reigns is going to get shat on by less than 100 000 fans. I have nothing against the guy really, I'm just reporting the facts.

Triple H will do suck it taunts, probably have some sort of Lemmy tribute entrance, and will get cheered by 90% of the crowd. Reigns will be even worse off than he is now. We've already seen Reigns win the World Title twice, there's nothing special about seeing him win it again and so its hard for the fans to really get excited or emotionally invested in this match. This isn't a must-see main event, and that's a problem.
Reigns wins. I assume The Rock gets involved since he say he'll be at WM. I just hope this won't be like Royal Rumble 2015 all over again.
Old 02-23-2016, 09:16 AM
Miseria Cantare

Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...Fugazi is looking to come up from OCW...

The past 2 years we've seen the WWE "Save" their main event. First with Bryan and then with Rollins. Since they seem dead set on this being the final match, our only savior is haitch, and I think WWE understands this.

It may be foolish but I want to baleeb that they will give the win to haitch, then have haitch drop the title later to an actual face(Cena). WWE could be stubborn here though, they say "we gave you something you wanted the past two years so this year it's our turn".

As much as I'm not exciting for a Ramen reign, I'm expecting a lot from this year after the mess of a mania so I'll accept a Ramen champ as long as he loses it to someone in the following months.