WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-22-2016, 02:04 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Roman Reigns: You cant have it both ways

Firstly I'm a huge reigns fan. I will always believes he cops unfair criticism solely because he's management's pick

If the fans want to boo Reigns out of the building, whatever that's your choice. But you cant do what the Cleveland crowd did at Fastlane. They booed Reigns, as expected then mid-match start up a chant of "This is awesome" (which it was certainly a good match) and then went back to booing Reigns once he scored the pinfall we were all expecting.

You've got to decide if Reigns puts on good matches and deserves his position or you hate him and think he's put in favourable situations. Wrestlemania 31, TLC, the raw after TLC and now Fastlane are all brilliant examples that the guy can clearly go in the ring. The crowd wants to pick and choose but I dont think they should, either respect the man or don't. Jumping back and forward is crap
Old 02-22-2016, 02:12 AM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

No. I can have it both ways. Reigns is a good wrestler. He's capable of holding his own in a big match. I am cold to him. His booking is tone deaf.

These are not mutually exclusive thoughts. The world is not binary. Grow up.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:13 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Firstly I'm a huge reigns fan. I will always believes he cops unfair criticism solely because he's management's pick

If the fans want to boo Reigns out of the building, whatever that's your choice. But you cant do what the Cleveland crowd did at Fastlane. They booed Reigns, as expected then mid-match start up a chant of "This is awesome" (which it was certainly a good match) and then went back to booing Reigns once he scored the pinfall we were all expecting.

You've got to decide if Reigns puts on good matches and deserves his position or you hate him and think he's put in favourable situations. Wrestlemania 31, TLC, the raw after TLC and now Fastlane are all brilliant examples that the guy can clearly go in the ring. The crowd wants to pick and choose but I dont think they should, either respect the man or don't. Jumping back and forward is crap
All we've seen is more and more proof that he CAN'T go in the ring. Roman Reigns has proven that he is an absolutely atrocious wrestler. He can't work a match. He's not Braun Strowman bad, but he's not that far off. He's HORRIBLE. Reigns hasn't had a single decent match since going on his own.

Roman Reigns would be fine as a midcard talent, and nobody would boo him. But Roman Reigns IS NOT OVER AS A MAIN EVENT TALENT. If you think otherwise, you're insane. Fans are not going to accept him as a main event superstar.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:19 AM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

If they booed Reigns in the beginning and booed Reigns at the end I'm guessing the cheers were more in response to Lesnar and Ambrose.

That being said why can't we have it both ways? I enjoy watching Reigns in the ring. He puts on matches I enjoy and has earned a spot in the Main Event 10 times over since last years Royal Rumble.

On the other hand he has no charisma, can't cut a decent promo and his character and booking as the underdog is laughably unbelievable and stupid.

He deserves to be in the Main Event yes, I'll argue that til I'm blue in the face. What he doesn't deserve and what I take offense to his him being the Top Face of the company and being shoved down our throats as such.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 03:23 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

I have no problem with Reigns. and I think WWE Universe is foolish.

With that said, based on social media reaction, maybe the boo's weren't for Reigns specifically but more for WWE and how the main event (and the whole sorry excuse for a PPV) played out?

What was good about this PPV besides Jericho/Styles? What storylines were built for WrestleMania 32 except Reigns vs. Triple H?

Zero creative twists, zero cohesive stories, zero surprises. Everyone knew Reigns was going to win since the moment the match was made but it was as bland and straightforward as can be because WWE just doesn't care anymore. They don't care about ratings, or what fans want and they have no competition to make them put forth a compelling product.

If I was at Fastlane I'd have been boo'ing at the end not because Reigns won, but because I had just wasted my hard-earned money. And if I currently have a Wrestlemania 32 ticket I am livid right now.

Keep in mind what they just gave people in the go-home PPV before Wrestlemania: 2 women's matches, R-Truth vs Curtis Axel. A "talk show" segment usually reserved for Smackdown, and a match where your "most dangerous stable/face of fear" couldn't get over 3 worthless guys, 2 of which should be retired already.

Last edited by MERPER : 02-22-2016 at 03:26 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:26 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

Well you can think something is awesome but not like one of the competitors regardless of the reason you may not like him or her. Maybe the fans were fully invested on Ambrose or Lesnar over Reigns.

The problem with Reigns though is not because he's a bad wrestler since he can work a match. It's just that fans just haven't connected to him. The problem also is that his character and personality outside kind of makes him an arrogant douchebag. The only top baby face I know that could get away by being an arrogant douchebag was The Rock but how many people have the charisma The Rock has?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:46 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

The case with Roman Reigns is that They have not built him credible enough to make me cheer him. I have liked him since Shield. He is a powerful brawler and has a par arsenal of moves. He is not good on mic but I can survive the mic problems. WWE is trying to make me cheer him everytime but it feels like forced one. The guy despite a powerful one is given an underdog-esque booking.

I cant tell surely about what crowd was doing with him. I just know Ambrose and Brock are hugely over and crowd wanted most probably Ambrose to win it. When they did see Reigns winning, there starts the boos.

I need to say that Reigns need to be built as a dominant silent heel who is just there to destroy people. Once He is an an established heel, then the face turn will really make people cheer him naturally.

By the way, Did someone noticed the pop Ambrose received when he tried Dirty Deeds on Reigns at RAW? It makes the whole thing clear.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:57 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...A11oftheLights worked a dark match on ECW recently...

FWIW I'm quoting you milenko because your post expresses all the views i expected to get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank N Stein View Post
If they booed Reigns in the beginning and booed Reigns at the end I'm guessing the cheers were more in response to Lesnar and Ambrose.
They cheered the spots. All of which reigns was heavily involved in. I wouldnt say he carried the match, but he took the heavy beating early then rallied with Ambrose to get rid of Lesnar which lead to the ending sequence. Had reigns just been taken out and Ambrose and Lesnar had a brutal 1v1 match I'd agree with this.

Quote:
That being said why can't we have it both ways? I enjoy watching Reigns in the ring. He puts on matches I enjoy and has earned a spot in the Main Event 10 times over since last years Royal Rumble.
Because i found it to be ludicrous to praise the bloke on one hand and then shit on him for the exact same thing

Quote:
On the other hand he has no charisma, can't cut a decent promo and his character and booking as the underdog is laughably unbelievable and stupid.
Now this isnt really a complaint, but why does Bray Wyatt get away with being booked poorly from the same section of the crowd. Why is the booking of a wrestler an acceptable excuse to not boo the fuck out of their segments for one but not the other

Quote:
He deserves to be in the Main Event yes, I'll argue that til I'm blue in the face. What he doesn't deserve and what I take offense to his him being the Top Face of the company and being shoved down our throats as such.
How else do you develop a top face when you have none, or the best one you have has just been forced into retirement, one walked out (maybe they could have taken care of him a bit better), another was turned heel before getting injured and the current face of the company is injured/filming some reality show

Granted that they were pushing him hard before that, but to an extent their hand has been forced
Old 02-22-2016, 05:05 AM
Who Am I?
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A11oftheLights View Post
Now this isnt really a complaint, but why does Bray Wyatt get away with being booked poorly from the same section of the crowd. Why is the booking of a wrestler an acceptable excuse to not boo the fuck out of their segments for one but not the other
A simple reason. Because he isnot given a rocket push straight to main event. He has great mic-skills to impress the crowd. He is an unique charcter and has a good gimmick. What gimmick does Reigbs have?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:19 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
A simple reason. Because he isnot given a rocket push straight to main event. He has great mic-skills to impress the crowd. He is an unique charcter and has a good gimmick. What gimmick does Reigbs have?

So why not boo the fuck out of whoever beats him. Do the inverse