WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-21-2016, 08:13 AM
Only have NJ World now!
Knockout Champion

ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...ヒュー G. レックション worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default "Drift Away! Drift Away!"

He recwived that chant recently, but what do you all think of THE DRIFTER Elias Samson? I really like the name and gimmick, but the performer... Hmm well I'm not completely sold on him. His matches have been nothing special and I don't think he has done an in ring promo yet? only the backstage vignettes...

What could be done to improve him? And who should his first feud be with?

I think he should play his own music to the ring and hell maybe even sing too, could get some crowd participation in when he's more over! As for his first feud, I say Apollo Crews as he doesn't seem to be feuding with anyone, although I had him pegged to take on Riley.

It's a shame James Storm didnt stay because I think they'd have been a good tag team!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 08:47 AM

xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...xRob13x is looking to come up from OCW...

Not really sure why he gets so much hate. He seems decent in the ring from what I can tell based on his squash matches he's had, especially taking into account it IS still technically developmental. One thing that does seem off is how he's always stoic and calm during his entrance and then has that crazy-guy grin during the match. Maybe that'll seem more normal once they give us more insight into his personality, but for now it just seems like an inconsistency to me. Other than that small issue, I have no problems with the guy.
Old 02-21-2016, 10:30 AM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's interesting that you mention James Storm, as I believe that Elias Sampson is probably adopting the gimmick that they had pencilled in for Storm. Their similar looks, the country music vibes of Sampson's theme, just adding in some alcohol and you've pretty much got an extension of Storm's gimmick.

I actually quite like the idea of the gimmick; the proof will be when he is given a proper feud and proper matches, but I'll certainly give him a chance
Old 02-21-2016, 12:46 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

I haven't seen enough of him to form an established, long term opinion , though I must say that I haven't been overly impressed thus far. It's hard to tell what someone is capable of via squash matches and the brief vignettes/promos of him playing the guitar haven't offered any real inside info on him. If they were hoping to generate some sort of mystique around him, some sort of particular aura about him, I don't think it's happened.

My initial impressions are that he's a drifting street musician that also kicks ass when he's not playing music. It sounds like the protagonist for some straight to DVD action film from WWE Films to me.

I'm open to the possibility that he might grow on me and that I'll become invested in him once we're able to see more of what he can do. However, my overall and current impression is that this character is going to be one of the relatively rare duds for NXT.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 02-21-2016, 01:37 PM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Give me the beat boys, and free my soullll, I wanna get lost in your rock and rolllll and drift awaaaayyy. Sorry first thing that came to mind.

As for Samson, he's alright, not great but that's to be expected in NXT. There are the guys in NXT who are already established like Balor, Itami, Joe, etc. but sometimes people forget that there are also guys just starting out their careers. I don't expect Baron Corbin or Elias Samson to be as smooth or complete as Balor and Joe, because it's just not fair to expect that from guys who've only just started their real training.

Keep throwing him in the fire and let the NXT crowd roast him, it will be a great learning experience. The guy will be fine, but he's a long-term project it seems. I don't think people can expect him to have everything down pat, he's still very new and green. That won't stop them though....
Old 02-21-2016, 02:33 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

He needs to use the guitar, either sing and play with it in front of the crowd, or hit someone with it.

He also needs to get his facial expressions in check, he breaks character a few times in matches with just the completely wrong looks.

And I do want to see him in an actual match, not squashing, but nxt is getting stupidly squash heavy in the past few months, so who knows.
Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 PM
The Greatest of the Universe!!
WWE Diva's Champion

hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...hollowpoint is looking to come up from OCW...

It all depends on what they plan on doing with him. He's just been in squash matches so far so it's hard to determine what direction they are sending the character. He's not terrible, just trying too hard to be creepy/psychotic. Seems like the Honky Tonk Man had an illegitimate child with a stripper named Tragedy.