WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-18-2016, 10:47 PM
You don't want it with me.
WCW TV Champion

FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...FromTheSouth is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Who had the most disappointing WWE career

In reference to one's time in WWE, who do you think left the most to be desired?

I have a few candidates to get conversation going.

Wade Barrett - With the recent announcement of his parting ways with WWE, you have to take a look back at Wade Barrett. He was a massively over heel as the leader of Nexus and got buried by Cena. He was massively over as Bad News Barrett and got hurt. King Barrett got hurt. Waking up to piss in the morning Barrett for hurt. Rehabbing Barrett got hurt...etc.

Barrett had the look, great mic skills, and worked the WWE "main event style." He could easily be the Bond villain type heel that could lead a stable. When he debuted, I saw nothing but titles and the Hall of Fame in his future. Unfortunately, he's spent more time on the table than in the ring.

Craig Morgan - This guy is Vince MacMahon's wet dream. A big guy who could move. He just could not communicate. He should have been a Paul Heyman guy. He did better in TNA where he was allowed to grow a little.

Ric Flair - Yes, I'm serious. Flair was the leader of the Horsemen. In WWE, he was HHH's lackey. He was used as a comedy act that ruined his legacy. His first run was OK in the early 90's, but without Hogan around, he never got traction. His later runs were memorable for his loss to HBK and now, as lackey to his daughter. Comparing his matchups in NWA/WCW with Rhodes, Race, Steamboat, and Sting to his time in WWE is upsetting. He was buried from day one by Vince as a bif "Fuck You" to NWA fans.

Ron Simmons - See above. He wa s aworld champion in WCW. WWE buried him because he talked too Southern and looked too black.This recent nostalgia tour is completely bogus. JBL is the only person, Simmons had a clean pin of Vader when Vader was unbeatable back in the day, and as soon as he came to WWE he was stuck in an IC level stable, fed to the Rock as fodder, and stuck in a tag team. He got to be involved as an ancillary character in the Corporate Ministry angle, and then was relegated to the second man in a tag team. When the Dudleys, Hardyz, and E&C were main eventing, Simmons was a comedy act.

I'm sure we can come up with more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneBigWill
FTS is my hero. I'm done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
We're awesome. That's really all there is to it.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 12:14 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Sting.

World Renown, Biggest name to never work for the Federation, he pops in and jobs a couple times and his careers over, we were expecting to get a couple of our Old timer dream matches, but we got HHH Burying Sting and Seth Rollin's miracle win after he jobbed to Cena.

There was a 15 year build for Sting showing up, and HHH had to steal that to work his ego.

There's this small hope he could wrestle again, but as a fan of wrestling, I wouldn't want him to risk ruining his senior years for 1 more run.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:21 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...MoRtAnDaD is looking to come up from OCW...

The Public Enemy.....

I know, those guys didnt have a real career anywhere, but they only last 2 month in the company and had...4 matches TOPS.
Old 02-19-2016, 02:04 AM

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSouth View Post
Craig Morgan - This guy is Vince MacMahon's wet dream. A big guy who could move. He just could not communicate. He should have been a Paul Heyman guy. He did better in TNA where he was allowed to grow a little.
Did you mean Matt Morgan?

I think there's two categories here.
1. There's the guy(s) that were "pushed to the moon" sorta say but didn't work out.
2. The guy(s) that had potential but never reached it, never given the chance, or were just booked like ****.
Category 1.
MVP/Mr.Kennedy- they were booked and seen as the next Randy Orton and Edge. MVP debuted as the highest paid superstar on the roster, and within in 6 months was U.S and tag team champion. While Mr. Kennedy debuted beating former World champions left and right. One went on to get fired due to backstage politics and the other was given almost a year long losing streak before his release(if not a year, it sure seemed like it). They both should've still been in wwe at this point and could've helped establish some of the newer faces like Ambrose to potential main event status.
Category 2.
John Morrison- The guy was an amazing heel(IMO) better than the Miz was. As a face he was this flashy guy with the cool spots but could still go in the ring. He was basically getting the old fans of Jeff Hardy, which was far from a bad thing. He was always thrown into multi-man main event matches, which happen on a regular basis during that time, but for whatever reason wwe decided not to fully push him into main event status. Which I found to lack much sense considering they had the perfect story at the time with Miz dominating the world title picture.
Cody Rhodes- Every time he's given a character to do he knocks it out the park. Cody Rhodes may be bland but give him a gimmick and he will be exceptional. He's proven that he deserves better than how he's being treated/booked right now. I don't know why he's not even been given a thought of a main event run from the higher ups.

Last edited by The Samoan Heritage : 02-19-2016 at 02:08 AM.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:10 AM

Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...Cub McCallister is looking to come up from OCW...

Can't disagree with any of these list's, for me number one would have to be Wade Barrett purely because he could have done so much better. He could have had a couple of world title reigns and his BNB gimmick was awesome, he should of done so much in the Wwe but was just jobbed out countless times, but that's the case with a lot of superstars like Drew Mlcyntyre, MVP and Mr Kennedy.

There was one superstar that signed with them in 2003/04 amd did a couple of vignettes against the undertaker in like dark alleyway and they were pretty decent, but I can't remember his name he wore all black, if anyone could remember his name and help me out I would be very grateful to be able to put a name to the face
Old 02-19-2016, 05:20 AM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

the nWo.

Soo much could have been done with that group under WWEs guidance its not even funny, sour grapes on Vinces part ruined it though.

nWo vs WWF

nWo vs DX

Brand split caused by nWo havoc

Bischoff running it onscreen..

the possibilities were endless.

PS I know they were all successful before and Hogan got a good run afterwards but I mean the group as an entity strictly.
Old 02-19-2016, 06:28 AM
The current reigning and defending
Undisputed WWE Champion

Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...Hollywood Naitch is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless1 View Post
the nWo.

Soo much could have been done with that group under WWEs guidance its not even funny, sour grapes on Vinces part ruined it though.

nWo vs WWF

nWo vs DX

Brand split caused by nWo havoc

Bischoff running it onscreen..

the possibilities were endless.

PS I know they were all successful before and Hogan got a good run afterwards but I mean the group as an entity strictly.
I think that is what they were planning on doing, with Vince bringing in the nWo as the 'poison' to kill the WWF before Ric Flair could destroy it. However, as much as I wanted it to, it didn't work. Hogan's popularity was completely underestimated, as a heel at Mania he was getting more cheers than The Rock- who was the face in the match. So they took advantage of that and let him go back to the red & yellow like the fans wanted. Hall was a shadow of his former self and screwed up again pretty quickly leading to his release and Nash got injured almost immediately. Without the entire 3 original members, the WWF version of the nWo would've bombed anyway.

I know they added HBK in a non-wrestling role, and X-Pac and Big Show were members of the faction in WCW, but an nWo of those 3 ( when 1 isn't an active wrestler) plus Booker T isn't exactly going to strike fear into the WWF.

I was really excited when I found out the nWo was coming, but it just wasn't meant to be. Shit

IT'S A DILAPIDATED BOAT!!!
Old 02-19-2016, 07:37 AM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

Every upcoming midcarder from 2007-2009. Seriously, non of them ever worked. Like ever. That's why entering 2010, WWE had no credible main eventers left except Cena, Orton, Jericho and Edge.

MVP. Never quite gor off.
Lashley. What went wrong here?
The Great Khali. LOL.
John Morrison. Never reached the heights the company expected him to reach.
Jeff Hardy? Left in his most glorious days.
CM Punk. Great heel, but the 'E never went fully behind him back then.
and the biggest dissapointment..

Mr. Kennedy.

All of the names listed above, is the reason Sheamus and Barrett were pushed so strong since their debuts, because the WWE had no other credible names. And it's also the reason 2010-2011 sucked.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:07 AM

Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...Kizzani is looking to come up from OCW...

Brie Bella.

More or less she is a shadow of her sister, Now that her husband is retired, she too is on her way out the door. I see her maybe getting the title off Charlotte at Fastlane just to say she did something.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:20 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzani View Post
Brie Bella.
For real? I think chicka has put together a pretty damn good career despite being absolutely horrendous for the entirety of it. Dare I say it, she may even go into the Hall one day...*shudder*

On topic.

Ken Kennedy: This guy has always jumped to mind when this topic comes up. Anderson had a GREAT gimmick with the whole announcing his own entrance shtick (GREEN BAY WISCONSIIIIN). He was a fantastic cocky heel and could have been an even better face in my opinion. Awesome mic skills, smooth in-ring skills, and knew how to work a crowd with the best. The big boys (HHH, Cena, Orton) just DID NOT like him for whatever reason leading to his release. It's a shame as I believe this guy could have been a legend by the end of it.

Vader: Completely mis-managed upon his debut in 1996. I understand that he was nearing the end of his career at this point, but man, he could have been a much bigger player in the AE. He deserved a title win in 96.