WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

View Poll Results: Biggest Legend in WWE History??
Hulk Hogan 22 55.00%
John Cena 1 2.50%
The Undertaker 2 5.00%
Steve Austin 0 0%
The Rock 1 2.50%
Triple H 1 2.50%
Randy Savage 2 5.00%
Ultimate Warrior 1 2.50%
Andre The Giant 1 2.50%
Shawn Michaels 1 2.50%
Bret Hart 4 10.00%
Other 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2016, 05:43 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...BEAT THAT ***** ASS is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Debate: The 10 Biggest Legends In WWE History

The thread about the top 11 superstars brought me to making this. This thread is based soley off of WWE accomplishments and WWE longevity. You must explain why they deserve their spot. Anything they have down outside of the WWE doesn't count (not even WCW or ECW.) This is WWE only.

10. Andre The Giant- While Andre wasn't the best wrestler in the world. He sure had some of the greatest moments in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. Who could forget WrestleMania II? or Saturday's Night Main Event? Former WWF Champion and a fairly good heel. Arguably the greatest Giant in WWE History. First ever WWE Hall Of Famer.

9. The Ultimate Warrior- The heir apparent to Hulk Hogan. So many thought. Former WWF Champion and Former IC Champion and beat Hogan in the infamous "Passing Of The Torch" that end up failing. One of the most intense wrestlers in history. One of the biggest names in WWE History.

8. Shawn Michaels/ Bret "The Hitman" Hart- I couldn't decide which one and decided that both fits in the same spot. They had one of the greatest rivalries with some of the greatest matches in the history of the WWF. One of which had the infamous Montreal Screwjob take place. HBK is a 4x World Champion and had a total of 11 MOTY winners. The first 4 were in a roll and the last 7 were in a roll as well. HBK is known as "The Greatest In-Ring Perfomer Of All-Time." A name well deserved, as well as Mr.WrestleMania. HBK has one almost every title in his illustrious career and was apart of the two greatest stables of all-time. HBK was one of the best at working the crowds and still is. As for Hart, he was The Batman to Michael's Joker. Hart was the face of the WWF after Hogan left from 1993-1997. Bret had to leave the WWF in the most unfortunate way. Hart is apart of the Legendary Hart Family and was apart of the Legendary Hart Foundation,as well as The Hart Dynasty. In Hart's last singles match he won the United States Title from The Miz. Hart is a 5x WWF Champion,and has one every title he could during his tenture including being a former KOTR winner.

7. Triple H-14x World Champion,and he didn't just get that from fucking the bosses daughter. Triple H was a staple in the WWF even before he got with Stephanie. HHH was the top heel of Attitude (well when Rock wasn't of course.) HHH has done it all and has shown his loyalty to the WWE. This guy could wrestle full-time into his early 60's i'm not kidding you because just like his catchphrase he is just...that..damn..good! H has went to war with Deadman's,he has conquered Beast,He beat up 'Champs, He's broken Heartbreak Kids,He Punk'ed CM,He has Stunned Rattlesnakes,He has taken venom out of Vipers,He unleashed on Animals,and was mentored by a Nature Boy. There is only one Triple H.

6. "Macho Man" Randy Savage- 2x WWF Champion,2x IC Champion. He was really Hogan's only competiton as The "Face That Runs The Place." Savage had epic feuds with the likes of Jake Roberts,Hulk Hogan,Ric Flair,Ricky Steamboat,etc. Was involved in arguably the greatest matchup of all-time with Steamboat at Mania II and stole the show from the real main event. Was a phenomenal wrestler and character and a true....SAVAGE!

5. The Rock- Had he never left, no lie he probably would have become #1 on the list and surpassed Hogan. But his sabbatical took off of his legacy, but also added to it. Rock is a 10x World Champion in less than 10 full years. Rock has beaten legends such as Cena,Hogan,Austin,HHH,Kane,Foley,Punk,etc.

4. The Undertaker- Deadman walking. For 26 straight years, Taker has ran rumpshot over the WWE making people shit theirselves including greats like Rock,Cena,HHH,HBK,Orton,Batista,Austin,Edge,Foley, etc. Taker has done it all and there is definitely an argument for him to be up higher on this list. After all this man is 22-1 at WrestleMania and like Austin and Hogan is a 6x WWE Champion. Taker is the only name to be able to say he was a big part of The Golden Era,New Generation Era,Attitude Era,Ruthless Aggression/Brand Split Era,PG Era,and Reality/PC Era. By far the greatest and most evolving character in Sports Entertainment History. There is only one Deadman Walking.

3. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin- Austin help transform the WWF from PG Gimmicks and Clown Characters to Attitude. An era based off of over the top antics and larger than life characters. Austin was the pioneer in the WWF of that. Austin has racked em up,flipped em off,and dropped them all with Stunners. Austin was previously #2, but due to his incredibly short tenture and run on top he fell just a little lower than Cena. He better hopes Taker retires soon because he may take that #3 spot. Austin is without a shadow of a doubt one of the biggest names in the industies history for his WWF work. Austin has beaten fellow legends such as Rock,Taker,Kane,Foley,HHH,HBK,Bret Hart,Dusty,etc. Austin is a 6x WWE Champion and,a Former US Champ a Former Tag Champ, and a Current WWE Hall Of Famer and that is something he definitely earned.

2. John Cena- 15x World Champion in WWE and the longest "Franchise Player" in WWE History. Most people put him at #3 or #4. Others put him at #10 or #11. While others say he is not even in the top 20. But I say unpopulary that Cena has surpassed both Austin and Rock in terms of legendary status. Think about it Cena successfully lead the transformed the business from raunchy Attitude to corparate PG. While that may not be a popular thing to say. He is successfully lead the WWE through a tough time when Hogan,Rock,Austin,Flair,etc. were leaving. In his career, Cena has beaten legends like Rock,Triple H,HBK,Punk,Orton,Edge,Batista,Lesnar,Show,Kane,etc . Cena has done it all literally. Some might say only thing left for him to do is turn heel and pass the torch. Cena has brought more emotion out of fan than anyone in history. In his career in the WWE, Cena has won MITB,RR (2x),Tag Titles (5x),US Title (5x.) Every male title not named the Intercontinental Championship. Now as Cena begins presumably a Part-Time tenture with WWE, we can really look at his career and appreciate it. Eventually, Cena could even surpass Hogan...You never know.

1. Hulk Hogan- The biggest name in WWE History. In WWE, Hogan was a 6x WWE Champion,World Tag Team Champion,and 2x RR Winner. Hogan has done it all in WWE and has went to war with greats such as Andre,Rock,Triple H,Warrior,Savage,Taker,Orton,Piper,Slaughter,etc. The first REAL Face of the WWF. Hogan started off in the WWF as a heel, but that heel run didn't last as Hogan issued an apology to the fans and turned babyface becoming "Hulkamania," an All-American Babyface of the World Wrestling Federation. Hogan was known as the first man to bodyslam Andre The Giant at WrestleMania III in a legendary battle. Now today, while we know that isn't exactly true. Hogan etched his name for damn sure as the biggest star in not just WWE history, but wrestling history. Hogan returned to the WWF as a heel in 2002 as a member of the Kevin Nash lead nWo. Hogan went on to "go one-one with The Great One" The Rock at WrestleMania 18 in the passing of the torch. From there Hogan had battles with legends such as Undertaker,Triple H,Randy Orton, Vince McMahon and Brock Lesnar. Two of those names were rookies at the time. Hogan left WWE and went in "obscurity" before returning in 2014 as the Host Of WrestleMania. Before scandal ended his WWE tenture. While Hogan may be gone from the WWE it is never forgotten...even if it is erased.
WCWF TAG TEAM- CODE 5 (5000, BRIQ ROMINE)
ROYAL RUMBLE- AJ STYLES
MONEY IN THE BANK- SAMI ZAYN
KING OF THE RING[/color]- TBD
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:06 PM

NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...NotoriousWWE is looking to come up from OCW...

I agree with most of your list. I think personally it should go:
10 - Andre the Giant
9 - Chris Jericho
8 - Bret Hart
7 - HBK
6 - John Cena
5 - Ultimate Warrior
4 - The Undertaker
3 - Stone Cold
2 - Hulk Hogan
1 - The Rock (biggest draw WWE have ever had. When you say to the odd person on the street WWE or wrestling they either think of Hogan or Rock)

Would put HHH in but no way am i taking out the first ever unified WWE champion in Jericho.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:09 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all. What's with a Top 10. What a weird number! Why not a list of the Top 11? LOL

Top 10 Legends in WWE history. In no particular order.

1 Hulk Hogan
2 Undertaker
3 Steve Austin
4 Ric Flair
5 The Rock
6 Randy Savage
7 Bret Hart
8 Shawn Michaels
9 Andre the Giant
10 Ultimate Warrior

Let's make it a Top 30

11 Sting (he wrestled 2 matches for WWE..he's now a WWE legend)
12 Roddy Piper
13 John Cena
14 Brock Lesnar
15 Daniel Bryan
16 Bob Backlund
17 Kurt Angle
18 Superstar Billy Graham
19 Jerry the King Lawler
20 Rey Mysterio Jr.
21 Bobby Heenan
22 Dusty Rhodes
23 Harley Race
24 Chris Jericho
25 Paul Heyman
26 Eddie Guerrero
27 Ricky Steamboat
28 Scott Hall
29 Rick Rude
30 Curt Henning

Let's make it a top 31

31 Vince McMahon (Honorary Legend)

Last edited by ilapierre : 02-17-2016 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:15 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...ilapierre is looking to come up from OCW...

First of all. What's with a Top 10. What a weird number! Why not a list of the Top 11? LOL

Top 10 Legends in WWE history. In no particular order.

1 Hulk Hogan
2 Undertaker
3 Steve Austin
4 Ric Flair
5 The Rock
6 Randy Savage
7 Bret Hart
8 Shawn Michaels
9 Bruno Sammartino
10 Andre the Giant

Let's make it a Top 30

11 Sting (he wrestled 2 matches for WWE..he's now a WWE legend)
12 Roddy Piper
13 John Cena
14 Brock Lesnar
15 Ultimate Warrior
16 Bob Backlund
17 Kurt Angle
18 Superstar Billy Graham
19 Jerry the King Lawler
20 Rey Mysterio Jr.
21 Daniel Bryan
22 Bobby Heenan
23 Harley Race
24 Dusty Rhodes
25 Paul Heyman
26 Chris Jericho
27 Eddie Guerrero
28 Scott Hall
29 Rick Rude
30 Curt Henning

Last edited by ilapierre : 02-17-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I'm not making a list, it's just too mind numbing. Especially when it comes to where Taker, Rock, Austin and Cena deserve to share number one spot all for various reasons. But when it comes to pure legendary status plus accomplishments, my heart has to pick Hulk Hogan.

Hulk Hogan paved the way for every wrestling star today. Then when he got stale, he casually had the best heel turn in the history of wrestling and became the leader of the best faction in history. Then he casually had one of my favorite WM moments in his Icon vs Icon match where he hulked up in front of WWE fans for the first time in many years, creating a crowd frenzy and having J.R and King reacting perfectly for a moment that won't be duplicated.

You could make arguments for ten different wrestlers and all of them would deserve that spot. But no wrestler will ever, ever have a moment like Hulk Hogan body slamming a man nobody thought could be slammed in front of a giant crowd, all going crazy and putting wrestling right on the map. Sadly, there is no situations today that could even come close to comparing that moment at Wrestlemania 3.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
Old 02-17-2016, 09:41 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

No argument with your list. ALL are legends in their respective era's and deserve to mentioned as one of the greats of ALL TIME. Just want to throw out a few thing to spark debate.

Superstar Billy Graham over Andre the Giant.

Both were in their prime's during the 1970's however most of Andre's time was spent OUTSIDE the WWWF because he was loaned out to different territories around the country and internationally. Superstar was WWWF Champion from 1977 to 1978 a span of nine and 1//2 months unheard at the time for a heel. Graham also has the highest percentage of sellouts at MSG. I believe he sold out 19 out 20 MSG shows, the crown jewel of the WWWF. Let's not also forget that he was a pioneer. He was the first to sport the "tanned, bodybuilder" look that would become prevalent in the 1980's and still to this day. He revolutionized promos. His "rap" was adopted by the like of Hulk Hogan, Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, Randy Savage just to name a few. He was the first to sport the "22 inch pythons" which were subsequently ripped off by Hogan. I think you can't have a top 10 list that includes Hogan without the man responsible for at least PART of hiss success Superstar Graham.

Andre meanwhile, was WAY past his prime by the time of the exampled you gave (WM III, SNME, Main Event, etc.....) Even though he was partly responsible for a record 93,000 people ( I believe the actualy figure was somewhere close to 70-80,000) his subsequent feuds with Jake and Warrior were lackluster to say the least. An uninspired match at WM 5 and jobs to Warrior in under 30 sec. He then became part of the Colossal Connection to give his back a rest and didn't enter the ring in WM 6.

Both men DESERVE to be on the list just curious if most of you would rank Billy Graham higher due to the IMPACT he had on the wrestling business for his short run at the top or do you give it to Andre based on longevity?
Old 02-17-2016, 09:59 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...Makaveli31 is looking to come up from OCW...

The only thing I would say about John Cena being ranked so high (past Austin, Rock, 'Taker, even Savage) is that he didn't face the competition the others faced meaning there was never a major threat to WWE in the 2000's like Jim Crockett in mid-'80's or WCW in the '90's. He could survive Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Flair leaving because an new generation of fan weren't even born when they were wrestling in their primes. John Cena was their Hulk Hogan for better or worse. I would compare the professional wrestling in the 1980's and '90's to the NBA of that era. You literally had stacked cards from top to bottom on both sides. Starrcade, Great American Bash, War Games on one side WrestleMania, Survivor Series, SummerSlam on the other. You literally had to "bring it" every night 300 plus days a year.

The pressure on the WWF stars during the Attitude Era must have been intense. You had a billion dollar company on the other side literally gunning for your jobs. That to me, brought out the best, most creative, intense matches and rivalries we have ever and will ever see.

I would disagree that Cena brought the most emotion out of fans in history. I would argue Savage circa 1988-1991 was one the most "emotional" wrestlers in history. Think f it, he came in a heel. He quickly elevated to top heel due to his arrogance and treatment of Liz. Then he has the match at WM 3 ( a classic) and the FANS turn him babyface. He is quickly elevated to second babyface in the WWF only to Hogan. Then he TURNS once again betraying Hogan and Liz due to insane jealously and becomes the MACHO KING (top heel) he costs Ultimate Warrior the title at Rumble '91 by hitting Warrior over the head with his scepter!! Causing OUTRAGE that he gave the belt to Iraqi turncoat Slaughter. Then.....in MY opinion THE most emotional moment in WWE history he REUNITES with Liz at WM 7. Watch it!! I dare you!! You won't a have dry eyes!! It is simply legendary.
Old 02-17-2016, 10:57 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

how does Bruno Sammartino always get left off these lists.

It's Bruno and Hulk Vying for #1 with Rock/Austin/Taker vying for the next set, then Cena since he's carried the flag for about a decade now.

Flair, Savage, Brett, Shawn all for the bottom end of my list, but I'm kind of debating omitting Flair from the list because his actual WWF accomplishments are on the low end, NWA and WCW made him, WWF just cashed in on the name.

My top 20 usually differs from a lot of people's, because I toss Glenn Jacobs and Paul Wight in there.

Names that I can't really place are like Daniel Bryan's, Randy Ortons, CM Punk, basically anyone from Ruthless Agression/PG Era besides Cena, I don't think DBry had longevity, CM Punk's controversy cloud needs to settle and RKO is basically Randy Savage to Cena's Hulk Hogan for this era.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:34 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azane View Post
how does Bruno Sammartino always get left off these lists.
Thank you.

I think it's the modern lens. Bruno was out of his prime in the early 80s, and was basically a sporadically appearing non-factor through the 80s. He missed the two biggest financial, creative, and cultural boons of modern WWE (WWF), therefore falls off of people's radar.

You cannot understate what a massive star Bruno was. Bodybuilders wanted to be him, wrestling was more mainstream than it ever will be again, and Bruno was the head of that.

Hogan was the bigger "star," as his film and TV career was bigger than anything that will likely ever come after.

If the question is, "who is the biggest star within the realm of WWE," I'd almost want to hang my hat on Bruno. WWE was built on Bruno's massive back. Modern fans wonder why VKM insists on pushing big guys over guys with skill. Big guys built WWE, they're why he's rich. Not saying it's right, but when that paid for your house.

If the question is, "who is the biggest overall star including WWE and beyond," then it absolutely must be Hogan. Biggest draw, biggest effect on world culture, biggest impact on the business.

Bruno goes in that poll and Triple H comes down to 11, not a hater, just the truth.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:13 AM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli31 View Post
I believe the actualy figure was somewhere close to 70-80,000
Wrong. The capacity for football is 82,000. WWE had that same capacity PLUS floor seats. That easily gets them to 93,000 (floor seats fit way more than you'd think). If you look at pictures, you won't find an empty seat. I hate this damn rumor.

I will do a top four because the top four are set in stone. Sammartino I don't count because I know very little about his time. If I did, I'm sure he'd be number 1 or 2.

1. Hulk Hogan. He put them on the map. He made WWE a force. One way to look at how important he was to WWE is by his WCW run. He was the main reason WCW started beating WWE. Showing that Hogan helped WWE and not the other way around. He wasn't just a WWE creation, he was his own entity.

2. Austin. He very likely kept WWE from going out of business. Without him they probably wouldn't have won the war and went under before 2000. Had his neck been fine, it is scary to think how much he could have drew.

3. The Rock. Rock could have been so much more, which is weird to say for a guy who I rate as number 3 of all time. Rock accomplished so much in so little time. It truly is amazing. However, whenever both Austin and Rock were on, Austin outclassed him. Austin was plain more popular than Rock.

4. John Cena. He is interesting due to his longevity. He carried the company on back far longer than anyone of the other 3. His run as a top guy is unprecedented. Managed to be a top guy for around 10 years without a break. He overtook the spot from the white hot Batista and kept it.

Guys like Taker, Shawn, Bret, etc. are a step below those four. Reason being is that they didn't do anything special while on top. Austin saved them. Rock carried them in Austin's absence and clinched the war. Cena has been the undisputed top guy for a decade and helped carry them on his back. Hogan put them on the map.

An interesting question to me is who meant more, Austin or Hogan. Without Austin, they may have went out of business. Without Hogan, they may have never boomed like they did.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER