WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-10-2016, 07:12 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...multiverseman.com is looking to come up from OCW...
Default It Needs Saying: Matt Hardy Is Doing Some Of The Best Heel Work On TV

Gotta hand it to Matt Hardy. On the mic, he's killing it. Reby is a fantastic evil shrew. Tyrus is a giant bruiser who fits right in and baby Max? What a great prop. It just puts the act way over the top. I'm loving it.

Hopefully TNA hasn't done so much damage that nobody ends up caring.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:23 PM

TStorm is looking to come up from OCW...

It's really funny because I've found myself enjoying both Hardy's in the heel role. I enjoyed Jeff during his Immortal run, though it spiraled out of control and was probably the worst point for it to happen because Jeff was running through his struggles at the time.

It of course wasn't held up by the fact that at the time he was the biggest face they had and he had little to no credible face to go against. But if he had, and he'd been in a much better place, I feel it would have worked out a lot better. It could have been just me, but his heel promos were a lot better than anything he ever did as a face.

That said, Matt is in a pretty good position, and booked correctly, he could work superbly. I've enjoyed what I've seen from him thus far, it's just where the booking goes will dictate where he goes, but I can definitely look at Matt as a credible champion at this point in time. Build him up correctly, and while he might not be the best heel in the company, he can certainly be a pretty decent heel, to use to get a good face over on in the future.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:29 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

The more I watch, the more I like, but with this all centered around the World Title, I just can't get over the hump. And it's for exactly that reason — this is over the world title. And Matt Hardy is the champion. World champion. That can't be driven home enough. Great as the trio are, and they are great, the jagged part of the pill that makes it so tough to swallow is the TNA World Heavyweight championship draped over his shoulder.

I think I'd be in love with this if he were holding the King of the Mountain title instead.

But his heel work is great. For sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:14 AM
Mr. Money in the Bank

Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...Zeven_Zion worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I don't like Matt, I really don't.

I don't like him, I don't like his wife, I don't like his baby. Why that baby balding already? It's annoying.

Matt just doesn't look threatening to me. He's out of shape (I know it's due to his guts, he's got a reason, so let's let that slide) but the rest of him is no better. He's got a weird body, he walks and runs and stands up off the matt like he has no flexibility in his knees, he looks odd and really not World Champion-y.

On top of all, he's really bland in the ring. If people give Cena crap, they should bury Matt Hardy. That brotha hasn't added a single move since his trampoline days in North Carolina. Punch, kick, side effect, twist of fate, scream, hand gang signs, scream some more.

Matt is putting me to sleep every single time. I want him off the main event ASAP, I want him away from the World Title ASAP, he doesn't even have good chemistry with anyone.

He's just "Not Jeff Hardy". I'd much rather deal with Jeff being a heel and being in this role than Matt.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 AM
What is The Rock cooking?
WWE Diva's Champion

midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...midgensa is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to midgensa

I want to like Matt Hardy. I do. I constantly watch this thinking, "Maybe I am not being fair."

The truth is, when I saw him win a World Title I thought, "Good for him, nice reward for a long career." But that is horsecrap. That is NEVER a reason to give someone a World Title run.

He is NOT BELIEVABLE. You mean, all those years of warring with MVP over the US Title were supposed to make me think he is World Title material elsewhere? He never elevated above midcard. He is NOT his brother in the ring and certainly does not have his charisma. I find NOTHING believable about this run and it certainly hurts when you have people as talented as EC III falling to guys as weak as Hardy.

I want to like him. I love the Hardy Boyz. They were revolutionary. I think he is a legit midcard Hall of Famer. He is nothing more though. And TNA is mistaken if they think he is elevating their brand.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:24 AM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
I want to like Matt Hardy. I do. I constantly watch this thinking, "Maybe I am not being fair."

The truth is, when I saw him win a World Title I thought, "Good for him, nice reward for a long career." But that is horsecrap. That is NEVER a reason to give someone a World Title run.

He is NOT BELIEVABLE. You mean, all those years of warring with MVP over the US Title were supposed to make me think he is World Title material elsewhere? He never elevated above midcard. He is NOT his brother in the ring and certainly does not have his charisma. I find NOTHING believable about this run and it certainly hurts when you have people as talented as EC III falling to guys as weak as Hardy.

I want to like him. I love the Hardy Boyz. They were revolutionary. I think he is a legit midcard Hall of Famer. He is nothing more though. And TNA is mistaken if they think he is elevating their brand.
Basically all of this.

It's one of those things where I want to get behind it but I just can't get over the hump, no matter how close I get.

There's just so little of Matt as a performer I can really get behind in the sense of "Oh, man, I need to see this feud come to its completion!" type of thinking.

Sure, I'd love to see him get smacked around and lose the title in a pragmatic sense, but I have little interest at all in actually watching him wrestle. He's just not compelling. Whether that's the fault of his "jimmy legs", old age, style, size or some combination of all of them, I don't know. I just know I don't really care to actually watch Matt do this. If it were Jeff, this is a completely different ball game.

And I credit TNA with getting Reby in there. Even Tyrus. They do elevate him. They just can't get him over the hump either.

I've got a lot of respect for Matt as a flag bearer for TNA, but this is just one of those situations where, as you said, it's just not believable for me to get behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
Old 02-11-2016, 10:05 AM
WWE European Champion

Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...Poop Master Flex is getting some looks on Smackdown...

My issue with it all isn't Matt Hardy, as we learned in ROH he has it in him to do some fantastic heel work and he's doing a great job getting over as a heel right now which isn't a surprise at all when you think about it. I find it hard to get behind Matt regardless though because it's Matt Hardy and he's one of those guys people have made their minds up on long before he was ever in TNA. Even though it's a different situation entirely it kind of reminds me of watching Eric Young be a heel, after so many years of being a comedy wrestler it gets next to impossible to take him serious as a heel no matter how well he knocks it out of the park and even though Matt was more serious that Young and it's not nearly to that extreme I kind of feel the same way about him. I never saw Matt as a main eventer or a serious threat to anything for so many years it's really hard to break that perception.

All in all though I'd be a lot more accepting of it if it led to him putting EC3 or even Drew over as the top face of the company but it really looks like it's going to end up being Jeff Hardy. I get he's the bigger star and all but the guy has blown it as a top face on numerous occasions and he's getting up there in age and it's time to focus on younger talent, especially when they can do just as good a job as Jeff Hardy in that role.

Make Dimension X great again!
Old 02-11-2016, 02:44 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...Radical Canadian Goose is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanerandterry View Post
. Even though it's a different situation entirely it kind of reminds me of watching Eric Young be a heel, after so many years of being a comedy wrestler it gets next to impossible to take him serious as a heel no matter how well he knocks it out of the park and even though Matt was more serious that Young and it's not nearly to that extreme I kind of feel the same way about him. I never saw Matt as a main eventer or a serious threat to anything for so many years it's really hard to break that perception.

All in all though I'd be a lot more accepting of it if it led to him putting EC3 or even Drew over as the top face of the company but it really looks like it's going to end up being Jeff Hardy. I get he's the bigger star and all but the guy has blown it as a top face on numerous occasions and he's getting up there in age and it's time to focus on younger talent, especially when they can do just as good a job as Jeff Hardy in that role.
This. When Matt first won the title, I said, Oh great this has Eric Young appeal. The thing is, I actually enjoy heel Eric Young, now. I can't get behind Matt Hardy as champ, or Jeff to be the likely one to take the strap. I have been over the Hardys for years now, and I feel that they should only be around to put the younger talent over
Old 02-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...Rhodes2TheFuture3313 is looking to come up from OCW...

Actually I think Matt is doing a pretty good job as Champ and as a heel. EC III was such a great heel it's difficult to see him as a face. His heel work is just so good I just don't see him lasting long as a Face. Drew Galloway is the GUY. His match with Angle was one of the best in all of Wrestling in 2016. It's good to see Drew doing well in TNA. I really feel that WWE dropped the ball with him. He and EC III are going to have a great feud some day. Bram is an up-and-comer he's ready for the main event. I enjoyed his debut and his feud with Dreamer and the ECW guys, but back to the point. I think many of you are being too hard on Matt Hardy.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I'm not so sure about having Reby Sky around but I think Matt Hardy does a better job as a heel than a face, depending on Jeff's knee then it looks like we might be getting a slow build to Brother v Brother later in the year.

Where this leaves ECIII, I'm not sure, there's reason for a feud with Tyrus before he challenges Hardy again, maybe time time to turn Mr. Anderson heel.