WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 02-06-2016, 06:30 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...
Default Finn Balor injured at house show?

It's being reported on the main page that the WWE has confirmed Finn Balor suffered an ankle injury at the NXT house show in Nashville. It happened in the main event match against Samoa Joe. They originally thought it was his knee but it turned out to be his ankle.

He will be evaluated on Monday to see just what's wrong with it and how serious it is. But he's been taken off the house show circuit until more is known. Now it looks like the injury bug that's been hitting the main roster has moved over to the NXT roster.

Bummer. I was hoping he'd drop the belt soon and join Styles on the main show.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 06:46 PM
Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
X-Division Champion

Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...Rainbow Yaz is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Rainbow Yaz

A friend of mine said he showed up for the NXT event in Indy on crutches and that security was keen on keeping people away from him when talent got off the bus and entered the building, going so far as to yell no pictures at bystanders.

You can only hope the injury isn't serious, as Finn has been NXT's go to guy for about a year. Like you said, I think a lot of people were expecting him to move up to the main roster soon, likely on the post Mania Raw. Hopefully this doesn't derail that.

Damn this injury bug.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

It's easy to fret, but as long as nothing is broken or torn, TakeOver Dallas is still a few months away, and I believe they have the next few weeks of NXT already filmed. Hopefully, it's a simple roll and being taken off the house show card is a precautionary measure. If so, they won't have to heavily revise their short term plans with Finn Balor.

Either that, or Vacant continues his historic run.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 02-06-2016, 07:49 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Million Dollar Champion

Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...Papa Pillman scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DearWrestler View Post
It's easy to fret, but as long as nothing is broken or torn, TakeOver Dallas is still a few months away, and I believe they have the next few weeks of NXT already filmed. Hopefully, it's a simple roll and being taken off the house show card is a precautionary measure. If so, they won't have to heavily revise their short term plans with Finn Balor.
But this is the double edged sword....

NXT decided to tape all of its television unusually early for this cycle, and as a result all of the episodes between now and Dallas are already "in the can" despite being eight weeks out from the event(not unlike the bulk taping practices that TNA often gets criticized for).

So if, as you stated, Finn is fine and its merely a sprain or tweak, then nothing will be affected as he'll be ready for Takeover, and his television appearances in the mean time have already been shot to build the show. But, if it is conversely a break that will require a layoff past Mania weekend then the company is screwed and will have to seriously scramble, having already shot weeks of TV building to a title match that they can't deliver.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:52 PM
NaNoWriMo'17 50,000 words in 30days
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

I don't see it being a MAJOR setback, just a tiny one.

It blows we won't be able to see him in the ring for a bit but because he's still showing up for events he'll be able to go come TakeOver: Dallas so they shouldn't strip him of the title.

He can still help further any storyline on the mix and have a replacement wrestle for him until he's better.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:39 PM
is a happier and wiser man
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Really bad news. Finn Balor is one of my favourites in the WWE, and I was kinda hoping he would be called up to the main roster this Wrestlemania season, but it seems like we'll have to wait for that. Hard to tell how severe the injury is from this pic:

He just uploaded another pic on twitter, and his left foot is bandaged here as well:

He also mentions in the second tweet that he was really sad today, so it is possible that the injury is as severe as we feared. I hope it's just me reading too much into the tweet, but I think that's not the case... Let's hope that he has a quick recovery and isn't sidelined for a long time like Sami Zayn or Hideo Itami.

But seriously though, what could be the reason behind so many injuries in the reality era? Initially, I thought that the Indie/NJPW wrestlers don't take care of their bodies enough. But the League of Nations members have also injured themselves in the not-so-distant past, and so have Cena and Orton, I believe. Miz suffered a chipped tooth on Smackdown and luckily it wasn't knocked off like Foley's. What a shame that would be for the moneymaker. Has the wrestling style become unsafe with too many risky moves?

Last edited by Reflection : 02-06-2016 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

Nice injury to have considering his move-set, especially his off the top rope double stomp.

."In 20 years we won't be viewed as -Mailmen- anymore and will be called -Drone Pilots- instead."
Old 02-06-2016, 10:28 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smark Madden View Post
He also mentions in the second tweet that he was really sad today, so it is possible that the injury is as severe as we feared. I hope it's just me reading too much into the tweet, but I think that's not the case... Let's hope that he has a quick recovery and isn't sidelined for a long time like Sami Zayn or Hideo Itami.

But seriously though, what could be the reason behind so many injuries in the reality era? Initially, I thought that the Indie/NJPW wrestlers don't take care of their bodies enough. But the League of Nations members have also injured themselves in the not-so-distant past, and so have Cena and Orton, I believe. Miz suffered a chipped tooth on Smackdown and luckily it wasn't knocked off like Foley's. What a shame that would be for the moneymaker. Has the wrestling style become unsafe with too many risky moves?
Don't know the guy, but he's probably sad because he can't compete. I think any wrestler who's used to getting into the ring and all of a sudden can't would be sad. Hoping too it's not that bad, and he can recover from it quickly.

In answer to your other point. It's in my mind a combination of two things, high risk moves, and performing them too often. These guys whether it be the main roster and now NXT are working literally their asses off. Doesn't look like they have much down time, and the bodies just wear out after night after night of taking punishment.

The more injuries that pile up, the harder they work to cover the guys that are out. So more of a chance that they themselves get injured. It's a testament to what kind of shape these guys are in that they can put up with the grueling schedule and not just keel over. Hopefully as more come back to work, the guys that are out there now can get a bit of a rest.

WWE doesn't help either. They have lot's of wrestlers we never see, and they could be using them to replace injured workers. Even if they are just jobbing out it's a fresh body. Sandow is a good example, where the hell is he?
Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 PM
It was never the same.
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...TJ Matics scored a win over Santino Marella...

Real tears man.

I've been behind with NXT (I prefer to binge watch a bunch of episodes at the same time) so imagine my surprise when I log onto to Twitter to see Balor hobbling around on crutches. Like other posters I too was expecting Balor on the main roster soon enough, not for Wrestlemania but sometime afterwards... possibly the following RAW. If this isn't a serious injury I can still see that happening, I know he was excited about all of the new signings so that sucks too.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:04 AM
ECW TV Champion

OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...OYDK is going to make some noise in the draft...

Shit, it doesn't look good. It's a good sign that it's not in a cast, but it also doesn't look like he can put any sort of weight on it. Hopefully that's only because doctors told him to keep it elevated at all times.

If Balor goes down before Dallas... man, WWE is in some trouble.