WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-31-2016, 04:42 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...
Default Roman Reigns First Feud After Wrestlemania

So we all know Roman Reigns to going to defeat Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose at Fastlane, defeat Triple H at WrestleMania 32, and become WWE Champion.

Where does he go from there? Triple H rematch? Dean Ambrose heel turn? Another feud with Bray Wyatt? Any other ideas?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:51 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestSportsEntertainer View Post
So we all know Roman Reigns to going to defeat Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose at Fastlane
I'm going to stop you right there.

I don't know this. Deliberately putting Reigns in the path of two guys the fans like more than anyone else on the roster (sans Taker) risks undoing all the good done getting Reigns over post-TLC. I think it's entirely possible the Powers That Be decide they don't have the stones to go there. Ambrose vs Triple H is something I haven't ruled out. Probably false hope, but even false hope makes for a more enjoyable viewing experience.

But if Reigns takes the belt from Triple H at Mania? Gimmick rematch at Extreme Rules. Lesnar at SummerSlam. What happens between doesn't matter. Owens will take the belt from him eventually. Roman's dethroning will probably be a MITB cash-in (yawn).

The big question is how long it takes AJ to step into Roman's world. I suspect it'll be sooner rather than later.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:02 PM
The Main Event
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

James is looking to come up from OCW...James is looking to come up from OCW...James is looking to come up from OCW...

Maybe we'll all be fooled and they actually turn sour on Roman. With that being said, he'll be feuding with Ryback after WM in a nothing feud since Vince loves his "big guys" fighting each other. Yeah that's what I see and hope for to keep him far away from the title.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:14 PM
I'm laughing at you right now.
Million Dollar Champion

Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Headman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

They should move Wrestlemania to October because fans don't seem so hell bent to derail the show during that time of year. With that said, Roman's first feud after Mania is likely to be with Brock Lesnar because Extreme Rules is usually a rehash of Wrestlemania with dumb gimmick matches.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:25 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As I mentioned in the Reigns vs. Ambrose vs. Lesnar thread, and as Coco brought up already, WWE runs a big risk in putting Roman Reigns over two guys at Fastlane who're much more popular than he is. Putting Roman Reigns in the main event at WrestleMania against Triple H may well have the exact opposite effect Vince hopes for in that they'll cheer Trips instead just to spite WWE management. As a result, I think simply declaring Roman Reigns the winner is premature and there's always the possibility of plans having been changed.

While there's been no word whatsoever, the match itself raises the possibility of Reigns' mega push being put off much later if not scrapped altogether because it hasn't been working quite the way Vince has hoped thus far. Since Reigns' big push was really started back in the fall, Raw's numbers weren't exactly through the roof and fans haven't wholeheartedly accepted Reigns. I'm not saying he hasn't improved and that he hasn't won over fans, but I don't see how it's possible Reigns has been embraced to the level Vince was hoping. During the Royal Rumble ppv, look at all the various wrestlers who ultimately eupstaged Roman Reigns to some degree: the hugely positive reception of Ambrose & Owens during their Last Man Standing match, Sasha Banks making her presence known & generating probably the 2nd biggest pop of the entire night, Chris Jericho lasting roughly 52 minutes in the RR match itself, the debut of AJ Styles & the buzz it created, Triple H getting a pretty generous reception when it was revealed he was #30, even though nearly everyone expected it, the big pop of the fans when Reigns was ultimately eliminated, the excitement when it looked like, for a few moments, when Dean Ambrose looked like he was about to eliminate Triple H. I mean, if Vince was hoping for Reigns to come off as this mega hero for fans to get behind, then his dreams were dashed.

Coco also, in my opinion, touched on the most one of the more likely scenarios if Reigns does go over at Fastlane. He wins at WrestleMania, beats Trips in some no DQ gimmick match at Extreme Rules, maybe has some sort of feud with Sheamus or Del Rio, has a match with Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam in which he scores a win only for the MITB winner, whomever that may be, to cash in and take the strap from Reigns with Reigns staying in the title picture, one way or another, until Survivor Series where he regains the strap.

Of course, then again, maybe we'll all be pleasantly surprised with some positivity if Reigns ultimately wins the day when it's all said & done. For instance, people are excited about Styles being on the roster, Nakamura may show up, depending upon how well he does at the Performance Center & whether or not he's in NXT for a bit; however, I think that excitement will be fairly nil if they just offer these guys up as sacrifices for Reigns.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Remarkable Mark Keaton
Million Dollar Champion

Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...Jeff Deliverer of Mail is going to make some noise in the draft...

I think it's pretty obvious....Papa Shango. Roman will catch Papa backstage trying to conjure up some more -injury - curses on all the wrestlers. Roman saves the day but gets injured. Boogeyman saves a post injury attack on Roman by Papa Shango all leading up to the main event at Summerslam ... Bo Dallas vs Diamond Dallas Page.

"I'm a Mog. Half man and half dog, I'm my own best friend."
Old 01-31-2016, 08:34 PM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
WWE Diva's Champion

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

If everything goes as it seems to be going, I would make Reigns first feud against Samoa Joe. Not just as a want and desire for myself...but for the post RAW wrestlemania, I think the best way to debut someone big from NXT is to put them into a title feud. If not... my hopes and dreams are all set on a Kevin Owens feud. However....

Think about this. Why would WWE knowingly put Reigns against the internet darling Dean Ambrose...and the pop culture and all wrestling fans favorite Brock Lesnar? And then let him win? Good god almighty!
Fastlane is going to go in with two possibilities...and mid way through the match, they're going to have to make a decision on what they are going to do.
If Reigns wins at fastlane, the crowd will go nuts! And not in a good way. Lesnar is going to get screwed by the Wyatt's you can bet your house on that. But would WWE trust Ambrose to be the guy to face Triple H at mania for the title? Who knows?

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
Old 01-31-2016, 08:52 PM
With the safety off!!
NWA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer View Post
As I mentioned in the Reigns vs. Ambrose vs. Lesnar thread, and as Coco brought up already, WWE runs a big risk in putting Roman Reigns over two guys at Fastlane who're much more popular than he is. Putting Roman Reigns in the main event at WrestleMania against Triple H may well have the exact opposite effect Vince hopes for in that they'll cheer Trips instead just to spite WWE management. As a result, I think simply declaring Roman Reigns the winner is premature and there's always the possibility of plans having been changed.

While there's been no word whatsoever, the match itself raises the possibility of Reigns' mega push being put off much later if not scrapped altogether because it hasn't been working quite the way Vince has hoped thus far. Since Reigns' big push was really started back in the fall, Raw's numbers weren't exactly through the roof and fans haven't wholeheartedly accepted Reigns. I'm not saying he hasn't improved and that he hasn't won over fans, but I don't see how it's possible Reigns has been embraced to the level Vince was hoping. During the Royal Rumble ppv, look at all the various wrestlers who ultimately eupstaged Roman Reigns to some degree: the hugely positive reception of Ambrose & Owens during their Last Man Standing match, Sasha Banks making her presence known & generating probably the 2nd biggest pop of the entire night, Chris Jericho lasting roughly 52 minutes in the RR match itself, the debut of AJ Styles & the buzz it created, Triple H getting a pretty generous reception when it was revealed he was #30, even though nearly everyone expected it, the big pop of the fans when Reigns was ultimately eliminated, the excitement when it looked like, for a few moments, when Dean Ambrose looked like he was about to eliminate Triple H. I mean, if Vince was hoping for Reigns to come off as this mega hero for fans to get behind, then his dreams were dashed.
I have to agree with everything that JH has said there, and it saddens me. Roman Reigns given the time and the not so much attention, proper booking could have gone a long way and been very special. As it is, they have ruined anything he has tried to achieve, and by they I mean the WWE.

They were so intent on pushing him so far and fast, that the fans rejected him in great numbers, and everytime he gets some of them back, the WWE does something stupid and pushes them away again. Reigns is not the problem, his booking is. There is no way he should be in a match for a shot at the title with the two most over guys on the roster right now. That is just a recipe for disaster. The crowd is not going to cheer him over Ambrose or Lesnar, not in a million years. He will be booed out of the arena yet again.

How does that help his cause in a match against HHH at Jerry World in front of 100k. It doesn't and I'm afraid that HHH will be seen as the conquering hero and will be made a face, just like Lesnar was. If you think about it, Lesnar broke Taker's streak, a feat which took Taker 21 years to create. It turned him into a major heel. Reigns turned him into a face with one match at the following year.

Who will Reigns feud with later, I have no idea, he's pretty much feuded with everyone he can as they have used almost the entire roster to get him over. I can't see him against Wyatt again, that was boring, not Sheamus, maybe a heel Ambrose, but then the crowd will be cheering Ambrose.

It's quite a situation the WWE has found themselves in, and this year they don't have a Seth Rollins up their sleeve to help them out. If Reigns wins at Fastlane, which I expect he will, then it has the possibility to get ugly in Dallas. I don't want to see that, but I think he's on a collision course, and Vince will not steer him off it.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:03 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Women's Champion

LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...LBGetBack worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Someone that can afford to lose to him so not Bray or Owens. Too soon for an Ambrose turn, if that's going to happen it needs to be done slowly.

I say someone like Chris Jericho. Have him go heel. Maybe he does the unthinkable and aligns with his longtime enemies HHH and Stephanie, and he takes the IC title off Ambrose for his record 10th reign. He can the. try to take the title off Reigns. Jericho can make him look good, he can play a great heel and would get a ton of heat on himself if he aligned with The Authority. Hell, half the IWC has already turned on him and call him a WWE company man ass kisser.......let him bring that into his character and really be condescending about it to piss off the smarks that would otherwise cheer a heel Jericho. It's about the best "filler feud" option that I see, and they need a "filler feud" for him IMO. Maybe this buys time for an Ambrose turn and feud in the summer. Owens or Bray need to be the guy to take the title off him, but he needs a proper reign first to give it a chance to work.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:28 AM

swallop is looking to come up from OCW...

When will this reign of terror end? Roman is completely ruining wrestling. I suspect this will be his last chance though. Its way to obvious he is going to win at fastlane. Via wyatts screwing lesnar and my thinking of Y2J screwing ambrose. But if he cant get over after defeating a heel triple h at mania that would b the end. He would soon drop the belt back too h or somebody else.