WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-26-2016, 09:22 AM
SHALL WE BEGIN?
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...Mighty NorCal is a WWE Champion...
Default Takeover: Dallas

The next Takeover is scheduled for the Friday of WrestleMania weekend, in a solid ten thousand seat area.

There are near legends regarding the heat and quality of last year's "Friday of WM weekend" NXT show, which was the true birth of the NXT we know today.....

Given that, this could be the crowing achievement so far in the brands existence, and quite possibly the swan song of the two biggest names still carrying the brand, Finn Balor and Bailey.

What do you guys expect from this show?
Old 01-26-2016, 11:07 AM

DorianGray927 is looking to come up from OCW...

I think it's too soon to predict. Austin Aries already debuted. And I expect Shinsuke Nakamura and the Bullet Club to debut before that show as well. So beyond great Wrestling match-ups (which are a given) - who knows?

Last edited by DorianGray927 : 01-26-2016 at 11:09 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:47 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

Remember when R-Evolution happened and there were reports about how the WWE talent were upset with how well NXT were being received and the creative freedom they were being given? I want to inspire that level of unrest again. I want more fruit baskets sent to Triple H. That or we just have another Brooklyn scenario, in which NXT outdoes the flagship WWE show it's "accompanying."

Without knowing what we have in store in the meantime, it's difficult to know what could be done to accomplish this. But if we could get a card of Bayley versus Asuka, The Mechanics versus American Alpha, and Finn Balor versus Sami Zayn - complete with a mass torch-passing (i.e. Sami Zayn not becoming NXT's first two-time champion), I'd be confident it could outdo anything the WWE has to offer, and what better occasion than in Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...The Samoan Heritage is looking to come up from OCW...

- Dash and Dawson(c) vs Gable and Jordan

- Samoa Joe vs Hideo Itami (Nakamura if Itami's injured)

-Eva Marie w/Nia Jax vs Asuka

- Apollo Crews (and Enzo&Cass) vs Elias Samson (and the Vaudvillians) 1v1 or 3v3

- Austin Aries vs Baron Corbin

- Bayley(c) vs Emma

Main Event:
- Sami Zayn vs Balor(c) (either Balor turns heel with the Bullet/Balor club or they attack Zayn and Balor after their match)
There's only one thing you can ever expect with NXT takeover events and that's great matches, which I have no doubt we would see in most of these match ups.. But besides great match, I guess I'm expecting to see the debut of Nakamura and the rest of the bullet club, since AJ's already on the main roster. (and HOPEFULLY a Balor heel turn)
Old 01-26-2016, 01:59 PM
Future Endeavored
Million Dollar Champion

Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...Coco is an Intercontinental Champion...

I'd like to take a moment to look beyond the main show and wax on about what matches could potentially be taped for the following TV before the live special.

Can whatever's been teased over the last couple TVs between Alexa and Emma possibly be sustain till Dallas? Unlikely. But there'd certainly be amusing potential for Dana to further emasculate Blake and Murphy at ringside during the finish. (Alternatively, Alexa joins Emma and Dana on a semi-permanent basis and they run afoul of Nia, the fools. Get creative from there.)

Is it possible that Ciampa and Gargano are locked into NXT at this point? How about one turns and their big match is on the TV following the Dallas special? That'd have some sizzle.

Anderson and Gallows vs Enzo and Cass? Why not? There's your TV main event.

Special Attraction straight out of the Nonsense in Coco's Brain: The Vaudvillains vs Ross and Marshall Von Erich (w/Kevin). Pure fantasy? If the Freebirds are getting inducted this year, no reason why there won't be hype packages and .com features putting the Von Erichs back on everyone's mind for a little while. Or is this too TNA? Then again, maybe NXT's too stacked at this point to bother with such tomfoolery.

Before London, I had the Mechanics penciled in for that spot under the assumption Enzo/Cass vs American Alpha was the obvious tag title match. Whoops.

I assume a squash involving Ty Dillinger or Nia Jax would round this out. And I still feel like I'm leaving people out, not having obvious spots for Carmella, Eva, the Hype Bros, Bull, and the world of other people who would fit right in on a show like this (and could use the experience).

Maybe potentially take my special attraction and throw it on an official pre-show to make room for something else on the TV taping?

The bench is deep. No reason not to have another hot TV taping to compliment the grand baby of the grand daddy of 'em all.

*Edit* Got it. Ty eats the fall in Nak's debut on the live special. I'm a genius.

Last edited by Coco : 01-26-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Future British World Champ

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Meh, NXT Takeover events are always on Wednesdays, and they're doing this one on a Friday? Smh.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:00 PM

JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...JoeMallard is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich the UK WWE Fan View Post
Meh, NXT Takeover events are always on Wednesdays, and they're doing this one on a Friday? Smh.
Who cares what day it is when it's going to be in front of over 10,000 fans?
Old 01-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Rear Naked Bloke

Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...Uncle Sam is an ECW Champion...

This is on a Friday? Such bullshit! I love having to stay up until three in the morning on a weeknight and then try desperately to stay awake at work the next day. Am I supposed to watch wrestling on a Friday night and then have a nice lie-in the following morning like some sort of cunt?

Cancelling my Network subscription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu Papi, KJ View Post
Murdering him was obviously the wrong course of action, but it certainly wasn't unprovoked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat of Doom View Post
No one can be that big of a cunt and obnoxious and be an American.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
When all else fails, clench.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:46 PM
Future British World Champ

Piss Bucket is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sam View Post
This is on a Friday? Such bullshit! I love having to stay up until three in the morning on a weeknight and then try desperately to stay awake at work the next day. Am I supposed to watch wrestling on a Friday night and then have a nice lie-in the following morning like some sort of cunt?

Cancelling my Network subscription.
Meh, it's not all that long since Raw was shown on Friday nights on Sky Sports in UK instead of live at silly o'clock on Tuesday mornings.

And even though Smackdown is on Thursdays in the US, we still get it in the 10-11 PM time slot on Sky Sports on Fridays.

Before we got Sky, I used to get someone Mum knew at work to tape wrestling for me, this was in the days when all the PPV events, even the "Big 4", were free on Sky Sports, now they're all on Box Office or the Network.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 PM
what the fuck is a
WCW TV Champion

Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...Allah Loves PaperGhost is getting some looks on Smackdown...

It'd be great if it was Nakamura Vs Cesaro and they were given a little time.