WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-25-2016, 10:20 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default WWE Fastlane - Roman Reigns VS Dean Ambrose VS Brock Lesnar

Stephanie announced just a few minutes ago that the Fastlane main event is a triple threat match featuring Reigns, Ambrose and Lesnar with the winner challenging Triple H at WrestleMania XXXII.

This has the potential to be a fun match, though I have a feeling that Reigns comes out the winner. Lesnar will almost certainly be prevented from winning due to Wyatt Family interference, especially since there's no DQ in triple threat matches, leaving Ambrose and Reigns as the only two logical outcomes; besides, I don't think anyone's interested in Triple H vs. Lesnar Part IV.

However, if WWE does have Roman Reigns go over, they're possibly painting themselves into a bit of a corner by, once again, not listening to the reactions and interests of fans. With the exception of being as physically pretty as Roman Reigns is and not being as physically strong, Ambrose has every advantage over Reigns in terms of charisma, personality, promo ability and in-ring work. Plus, let's be honest, Dean Ambrose is much more universally over than Reigns is and I've little doubt that, given the choice, many more fans at Fastlane will cheer for Ambrose over Reigns.

I liked how the Authority brought the fans into the various insults during the opening promo tonight to help get heat on Triple H, as part of putting heat on Trips as a heel instead of cheering him. However, again, there's just no real way at this time that most fans cheer for Reigns at Fastlane over Ambrose; fans have long since embraced Ambrose in a way that they haven't with Reigns.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 10:27 PM
R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
WWE European Champion

L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...L@RISANO is getting phone calls from TNA...

Seems pretty much a lock that Roman Reigns will go over, but I am curious as to Ambrose's role in the storyline playing out as I actually was expecting the Rock to be in Reigns' corner for Mania against the Cerebral Assassin.

As for Dean Ambrose Main Eventing WrestleMania 32:
I just can't see WWE going with him in a Main Event slot for a Mania which they are looking to break records with, and no way the WWE aborts their Roman Reigns push at this late stage. That would make no sense whatsoever at this point regardless of what occured last night at the Royal Rumble.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Future Endeavored
WWE Diva's Champion

BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...BringThePain834 scored a win over Santino Marella...

My exact thoughts on this match is that I don't mind the triple threat itself...

And I don't mind that it will further build Wyatts/Brock and Roman/Hunter...but it's such an idiotic way to get there when none of it was necessary. Brock/Bray are already on collision course, and Hunter/Roman have been for months...why does WWE feel the need to convolute it so much?
Old 01-25-2016, 10:33 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Exactly@bringthepain834.

My guess is that they want to add the element of "surprise". And may be they think more people will watch that match or tune in since Dean Ambrose is involved and since it's a triple threat match, so they won't be bored to death watching Roman.

My prediction is:-

Wyatt family screws Brock.

Roman somehow either pins Ambrose, or just ends up spearing an already-decimated Brock for the emphatic pinfall victory.

Like others, I just don't see Dean Ambrose winning the match, especially when he's the IC champion.

Also, I disagree with Jack and the IWC when they just declare in unison that Dean Ambrose is charismatic and all. To me, personally, he's just a guy in the jeans who wrestles OKAY, and lately, I've turned my opinion into a conviction that all his grimaces and "Oh I'm crazy" stuff is overrated. Dean Ambrose is overrated. Whom do I think is actually charismatic and better? Kevin Owens. Oh and of course, the IWC's beloved Seth freakin' Rollins.

Did anyone else find it weird that none of the four competitors in the first two singles matches, especially Kevin Owens, was included in the match as part of "Impress the Authority" series of matches? So AJ Styles and KO failed to impress them but Dean and Roman succeeded? Like, why isn't KO in the main event and Dean Ambrose is? Once again it seems to me that it has something to do with how they will STILL try to get Roman over. I sense a heel turn, either of Roman or of Dean. I already sensed it the minute when I saw the promotion of the Highlight Reel featuring Ambrose and Reigns this thursday on Smackdown. Chris Jericho is going to play insidious here, and ask Reigns or Ambrose some questions and ask them whether they really care about each other and whether Roman can really "trust" Dean and vice versa.

Last edited by RomanfreakinReigns : 01-25-2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:44 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I figured Reigns would've used his rematch clause like every other person has that loses the world title. Overall I'm satisfied, at least Fastlane has a main event in place and we saw the plot thicken with the Reigns/Authority angle. Brock gives the match more value with his presence so it's not total face vs face. Kinda funny they add in Brock despite him not even being there to "impress" The Authority.

I was anticipating an Ambrose heel turn tonight - seeing if they'd stack the odds against Reigns. The problem with this angle is Reigns has gone over The Authority every week up until last night. At some point I figure they could balance it out more now that Triple H has the championship belt. I like Reigns, but I feel nothing about him has changed and he just doesn't excite me.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:54 PM
Fuck erbody but me
X-Division Champion

Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...Nate DaMac is being held back by Triple H...
Send a message via MSN to Nate DaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringThePain834 View Post
My exact thoughts on this match is that I don't mind the triple threat itself...

And I don't mind that it will further build Wyatts/Brock and Roman/Hunter...but it's such an idiotic way to get there when none of it was necessary. Brock/Bray are already on collision course, and Hunter/Roman have been for months...why does WWE feel the need to convolute it so much?
This is what you consider convoluted? Jeez no wonder the story-lines never have any sort of depth to them. You'd rather just have them announce both main event matches without any sort of build?

Reigns is the obvious winner of the match but I'm still looking forward to it. Deans going to bump his ass off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker View Post
I'm not big on the ethnic groups.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:54 PM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.J. View Post
I was anticipating an Ambrose heel turn tonight - seeing if they'd stack the odds against Reigns. The problem with this angle is Reigns has gone over The Authority every week up until last night. At some point I figure they could balance it out more now that Triple H has the championship belt. I like Reigns, but I feel nothing about him has changed and he just doesn't excite me.
Now that you've mentioned it, the heel turn at this point would actually make sense and make WWE TV more interesting. And Roman Reigns certainly doesn't excite me either, and things aren't really that interesting.

Why would Dean turn heel? He could just attack Roman viciously and cut a promo about how he's sick and tired of being Roman Reigns' shadow and being a "secondary" champion while Reigns is already a two-time champ. And so on.

The problem if that were to happen is that fans might still cheer for him, and it'd look terrible if they continue booing a face Reigns- The God of Misfortunes- and cheering a HEEL Dean Ambrose.

May be Dean could attack him and needn't even turn "heel" but be somewhat like Austin in 1996/97.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:43 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

#LOLRomanWins

Sigh...I'm hanging on to the hope that this will be like last year. The build to WM31 was generic, predictable, and dull. But, with the exception of Lesnar/Reigns, the entire show delivered and every match was great. Hopefully this year will be similar and the big event will deliver despite the sub-par build thus far.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:44 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Brock can't ignore wyatt, so either Bray gets involved to lock WM (no DQ in triple threats), or they're building to that anyways

Dean is IC champion, unless he drops it on Free TV, or they make him still defend the title at fastlane, AND join the Triple, I don't see them putting Ambrose in the ME.

Reigns is like 90% chance here, and 10% Brock, as someone else said though, Your money matches at WM are the World Title, Brock, Undertaker, the less you mix them, the more diverse card you have to draw more people.

Ambrose turning on Roman or Roman turning on Ambrose are the only way I see this match being "interesting" from a story perspective.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:55 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Dean Ambrose's presence in this No.1 Contender Match for Triple H's WWE World Heavyweight Championship is both bane and boon. Its good because Roman Reigns doesnot need to pin Brock to win. He can pin Ambrose. Its bad because crowd is gonna cheer Ambrose over Reigns and if Reigns wins by pinning Ambrose, He will probably be booed.

Speaking of heel turns, I see neither Dean nor Roman to turn heel. Roman willnot turn heel because you already know why. Dean willnot turn heel because he is gonna be cheered over Roman despite being a heel.

About this match's result, I think Bray Wyatt & his family screws Brock and Roman goes on to win his 3rd WWE World Heavyweight Title at Wrestlemania 32 and Wyatt faces Brock in which i hope Wyatt wins.