WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Impact Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-22-2016, 04:42 PM
The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
WWE Champion

It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...It's Damn Real! is getting phone calls from TNA...
Thumbs down Report: Styles, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson Backed Out of TNA Deals?

Quote:
For the past several months, AJ and TNA were involved in serious discussions to bring him back home to TNA. Creative discussions escalated and two additional wrestlers, Drew Hankinson and Chad Allegra, were enthusiastically added.

These discussions culminated on December 14th in Nashville, Tenn., where all attended a meeting at Dixie Carter's home. A handshake and written deal between AJ, Drew, Chad and TNA was agreed upon and signed by all. Start dates were determined, creative decided, merchandise designed and plane tickets purchased.

Over the Christmas holiday, and after the lawyers finalized the long form agreement, all communication with TNA stopped.

AJ's lawyer contacted TNA and stated the wrestlers had changed their mind and would not be honoring their commitment to TNA.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/Search-L...6977-AJ-Styles

--

I can absolutely understand all three opting for WWE in place of TNA if this storyline is true. It's clear they are the premiere destination. But what I can't really get behind is if the rug got pulled out from under TNA if "handshake deal" means what it means in most lines of business an agreement to work together. Effectively a verbal contract that tends to serve as a temporary placeholder until a formal contract is written up and signed.

From the sound of this, TNA had all three secured, but because of the lack of a formal contract, all three were able to grease their way out of the handshake deal something often done in "good faith" at the last second.

"No One" indeed, AJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
The IWC aren't a real group, just an internal conglomoration of the people who say things you don't like.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:03 PM
More Comfortable with the Seesawing
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...klunderbunker is a World Heavyweight Champion...and is being held down by Triple H...

Something sounds off about this.

First of all, if there was a written deal agreed to and signed, I really don't see how the NJPW guys could get out. I'd also like to know how firm that deal was. Was there an out clause? Was it a deal to do something in the future or for them to appear on TV on X dates?

However the handshake deal is where this doesn't seem to work. At the end of the day, that's little more than a spoken agreement. Hall and Nash agreed to stay in the WWF on a handshake agreement but WCW got them under written contracts. If WWE did the same thing here, there's little more TNA can do than sneer.

I'd really like to hear AJ and company's side of this. It might not be the nicest thing in the world to do, but I have an issue feeling sorry for TNA over not being able to get AJ back after their handling of him lead to them losing him in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klunderbunker
Yes
Quote:
I am
Quote:
in fact
Quote:
better than you.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:17 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I was under the impression that AJ and Gallows were freelance and paid per appearance and never had a NJPW contract. If that's the case, they can do as they please. Anderson, on the other hand, is a NJPW employee and will be until January 31st, wouldn't that had been contract tampering on TNA's part? I am under the assumption why the only confirmed one is Styles by WWE.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:28 PM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

AJ is a great in ring talent but he has always been out for himself, he pretty much never puts anyone over and hates not being the centre of attention. Could be a blessing in disguise for TNA as they are putting out a pretty good product without him anyway.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Marry me Billie Kay!!!
WWE Diva's Champion

#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...#tamale scored a win over Santino Marella...

I just get the feeling TNA is trying to save face here by airing this out to the public and trying to twist the narrative to make them look like they got screwed. Where there even reports that TNA was talking with these guys in December? Not that I recall (I could be wrong).

Quote:
It might not be the nicest thing in the world to do, but I have an issue feeling sorry for TNA over not being able to get AJ back after their handling of him lead to them losing him in the first place.
This. So much this.

Old 01-22-2016, 05:47 PM

filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...filthyanimalz is looking to come up from OCW...

And what would that be? The guy was still offered good money for a reasonably small company and a handful of dates per year. How much would you expect them to pay him?
Old 01-22-2016, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #tamale View Post
I just get the feeling TNA is trying to save face here by airing this out to the public and trying to twist the narrative to make them look like they got screwed. Where there even reports that TNA was talking with these guys in December? Not that I recall (I could be wrong).

This. So much this.
TNA shouldn't be surprised AJ has never been loyal to any promotion not just TNA but ROH an NJPW also. I hope he is getting a big pay day with Vince because he is burning a lot of bridges.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:19 PM

ajdb is looking to come up from OCW...ajdb is looking to come up from OCW...

Wow, low blow TNA. You're a pro wrestling company not a damn dirt sheet. Here's a couple problems for TNA:

-Throwing shade at these guys just before they get a WWE contract. Not a good look.
-Yes, this is tampering with Guns & Gallows. Not a good look.
-Apparently this wasn't a contract. This was an agreement to sign with TNA. No actual contract was signed.
-TNA airs dirty laundry with regard to AJ Styles. What are TNA supposed to think?

This one is a personal question from me:
WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THIS AJ STYLES HATE COME FROM?! Because he "sold out" to WWE? Because you people don't like New Japan? Because he's the best in the world?

I need someone to explain this to me.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdb View Post
Wow, low blow TNA. You're a pro wrestling company not a damn dirt sheet. Here's a couple problems for TNA:

-Throwing shade at these guys just before they get a WWE contract. Not a good look.
-Yes, this is tampering with Guns & Gallows. Not a good look.
-Apparently this wasn't a contract. This was an agreement to sign with TNA. No actual contract was signed.
-TNA airs dirty laundry with regard to AJ Styles. What are TNA supposed to think?

This one is a personal question from me:
WHERE THE FUCK DID ALL THIS AJ STYLES HATE COME FROM?! Because he "sold out" to WWE? Because you people don't like New Japan? Because he's the best in the world?

I need someone to explain this to me.
Here's the deal man, even though there was no contract signed if you give someone your word you are still expected to honour it. If you don't it is a bad look and people will think less of you. As for AJ being the best in the world, he may have been one of the best in the world when he was in his prime, to say he is the best in the world at the moment is ludicrous.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:01 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Would just be another TNA screw up by not playing by the rules of getting things in writing.