WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE Pay Per Views
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-25-2016, 12:32 PM

dkorolenchuk is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Does the title get defended at Fastlane?

Everyone already assumes HHH won the Rumble to drop the belt to Reigns at Mania,so will HHH defend the belt before Mania?

My thinking is no and one scenario could be that Reigns destroys HHH on Raw leaving him unable to defend the belt at Fastlane.

Also does Reigns even get a rematch seeing he did not lose the belt in a traditional match in the first place?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Certified Graphic Design Genius

nyquiljordan is looking to come up from OCW...

I think the rematch clause just says that if he loses his title, he has the right to a rematch opportunity to win it back. If you can lose the title in a fatal 4-way and still get a rematch, I doubt the Rumble stip would make a difference.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Kamehamehaaaaa!!
WWF Hardcore Champion

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. scored a win over Santino Marella...

I think that at Fast Lane, it won't be HHH vs Reigns, but it will be Reigns vs someone else as a #1 contender's match with Reigns' career also on the line, since I think that Reigns vs Triple H will be saved for Wrestlemania.

With that being said I can see Triple H defending against Dean Ambrose. A win over Dean will give HHH extra heat.

I think Reigns' rematch will happen on RAW, Reigns will get screwed, the #1 contender's match will be set, plus Dean will come into play helping his friend and will try to take the belt from the evil HHH. HHH will end up winning at Fast Lane, then beat the crap out of Ambrose (Summerslam 2002 style) only for Reigns, who will be the next #1 contender, to come out and make the save.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:53 PM

strangephish is looking to come up from OCW...

My thinking is that since the Authority has the title they can outright deny Reigns the rematch. But they will give him a chance with a number one contenders match at Fastlane vs the man who got screwed out of the Rumble Brock Lesner
Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Mr. Money in the Bank

MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...MCMG scored a win over Santino Marella...

They could easily have Triple H defend against someone like Ziggler. He eliminated him in the Rumble so there an instant story. Plus Dolph is the perfect guy for Triple H to feud with. Ziggler has had a chip on his shoulder for years and HHH winning the World Title wouldn't have helped that. It would be a fun 10-15 minute match of high quality and HHH retains. Dolph doesn't lose face and HHH gets a title defence and some heat heading into Mania.

In reality they will probably just keep him of the card. I'd maybe have a tag-team match in the main event between team Reigns and Team HHH. If Reigns' loses he has to forfeit his rematch clause. Reigns, Ambrose and The Uso's v HHH, Rusev, Del Rio and Sheamus. Ambrose has two matches in one night. Reigns gets the victory and they go forward heading into Mania.

A tag match would help protect HHH from doing too much but get him on the card. I have no idea what kind of physical condition given his other commitments, it might be difficult to expect too much of him.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:59 PM
Magical Girl
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...Good Golly It's Ollie worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I hope so at this point, but my feeling is that it should not be defended against Reigns. That should be at Mania. Ambrose had a good showing at the Rumble, as did several other uppercard stars. I'm not suggesting they should do anything other than lose to Triple H. But I feel that the belt needs to still be treated as the belt, the champion needs to be a fighting champion, and Triple H has always felt legit so he can probably get away with winning clean (I feel that as the villain he shouldn't, though. The Authority has been all about "fuck the rules, we write them").

So Triple H to successfully defend against someone else (not Lesnar), while Reigns secures a victory over some enforcer loyal to H, is my preferred option. The loss to H can be used to build someone in part, since it's not a burial or anything.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:15 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think it would be better if he did sustain this run with a defence. They've been talking about trying to make Fastlane a big deal by bringing in Lesnar and Jericho, so why bench the world champ?

Reigns vs Triple H seems to be a forgone conclusion, unless they've given up on Roman (doubtful). Some kind of number one contenders scenario seems a logical place to go with the Rumble ticket being off the table this year.

If he does defend it, I could see Triple H facing Ambrose as the most likely option given how the Rumble ended.

It won't be the end of the world if the title isn't defended, but it would be a good opportunity to have someone who wouldn't normally have faced Triple H to do so.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:29 PM
WZCW's Tony Mancini & Milenko
WWE European Champion

Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...Frank N Steins_Gate is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank N Steins_Gate

It may be but I wouldn't put it past Triple H to use his Authority to take Fastlane off and have the Main Event be a #1 contenders match with Roman winning his shot again.

If he were to defend it I can see another #1 contenders match with someone else winning the title shot at Fastlane with Roman either still getting a #1 contenders match or attacking Triple H after his match.

I'm thinking Triple H taking the night off is what should happen to generate as much heat for Triple H as possible. The title doesn't need to be defended especially with Triple H as champion. Only time will tell but I'm hoping this is what happens.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:48 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...MERPER is looking to come up from OCW...

Not a chance. At best, the main event is some form of "No. 1 contender" match to determine who faces Triple H at WrestleMania.

I see them telling Roman he isn't even the contender on RAW tonight as more "punishment" for his actions.

Then we get a Reigns vs. Sheamus main event at Fastlane or some kind of fatal 4-way or triple-threat match with others involved.