WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-24-2016, 06:22 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Who should have won the Royal Rumble Match each year?

Personally don't you feel like the Royal Rumble Match you feel like there was a certain superstar who you thought deserved to win the Royal Rumble Match but felt like they never really did and they just gave it to someone else?

Well for me my list of Royal Rumble Match winners this is how I would have done it for each year:

1988- Jake "The Snake" Roberts if anything he was a much more over babyface than Hacksaw at the time and not to mention he could have probably have benefited from it more

1989- Either Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase winning or I would have had it been Hogan or Savage

1990- Hogan in my opinion he definitely deserved to win the Royal Rumble Match that year so I would have kept it the exact same way as is but then if Hogan didn't win then I would have had it been Warrior

1991- Hogan definitely did not deserve to win a second straight Royal Rumble Match especially given the year before he won it but if Hogan didn't win this who would have? Personally I would have gone with Perfect

1992- With the title on the line who else but Ric Flair was going to really benefit? No one really so WWE at least from a booking standpoint actually got this one right so I would keep it the same as is

1993- Instead of Yokozuna winning the Royal Rumble Match I would have had it been either Savage, Backlund or Flair winning his 2nd Royal Rumble Match in a row back to back

1994- It was either going to be Bret or Luger either way so them going out as co-winners they should have just did what they did in 2005 with Cena/Batista sudden death overtime they should have done that with Bret and Luger and then we would have known definitely who deserved to win so that being said I would have gone with Bret

1995- Michaels personally he wasn't really ready to win that Royal Rumble Match and there were a lot more other favorites in there like British Bulldog, Luger or even Crush so that being said I would have gone with Luger considering 1994 which then I would have had him transition into a heel turn

1996- Michaels winning this I wouldn't change anything about it

1997- Austin winning definitely was the right call so I wouldn't have changed anything about it but instead of him winning in a sneaky fashion I would have had him win by coming from behind Hart after he eliminated whoever and then Austin wins that way rather than the way he actually won

1998- Austin I would have kept him as the winner so I wouldn't change this

1999- McMahon didn't need the Rumble win but instead of McMahon winning or even Austin winning I would have had Triple H winning or even Kane

2000- The Rock winning was definitely the right call

2001- Instead of Austin winning his 3rd Royal Rumble I would have had Kane win it or Rock winning back to back Royal Rumbles

2002- Triple H winning was always inevitable

2003- Same with Lesnar him winning was always inevitable

2004- Benoit knowing what I know now about him I wouldn't have had him win the Royal Rumble Match or hell even at the time Benoit didn't even deserve the win; I would have had Angle or Jericho win the Rumble or even Big Show

2005- Batista winning was always inevitable

2006- Just like Rey Mysterio winning was always inevitable

2007- Undertaker winning was also the right call

2008- Cena winning was also the right call too

2009- Instead of Orton winning the Royal Rumble Match I would have had it been Triple H winning his 2nd Royal Rumble Match

2010- Edge winning was definitely the right call

2011- Instead of Del Rio, I would have had Orton win the Royal Rumble Match or I would have had it been Wade Barrett because Barrett was at his peak with Nexus/Corre

2012- Jericho I would have had him win the Royal Rumble Match instead of Sheamus

2013- Instead of Cena winning I would have given the Royal Rumble Match win to either Ryback or even Ziggler

2014- Instead of Batista winning I would have had it been Sheamus as a surprise entrant or even Punk definitely Punk but with Batista instead of Del Rio being the one to eliminate Batista I would have had Batista been eliminated by Brock who wouldn't even be in the match to set up Lesnar/Batista

2015- Bryan should have won it
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 08:31 PM

LoveReignsO'erMe is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't care enough about the recent Rumbles, but in terms of historical Rumbles:

1988 should absolutely have been Jake Roberts. The pop he got when he came out was unrivaled that year (ditto for 89 and 90).

I like Studd for 89, because they were still in the habit of having a face win. But DiBiase would have been good. The angle of him buying the 30th slot was great.

90 should have been Perfect. That was not the year Hogan should have won. Perfect could have been built up as the next big heel, but never quite got there. Could have used the rub from the Rumble to build towards a strong WM singles match. Since they did the champ vs. champ with Warrior/Hogan, the next biggest face would have been Piper or Roberts.

91 was the first Rumble that was unquestionably the right call. Definitely liked Hogan going over in that Rumble with Slaughter beating Warrior earlier in the night.

92 Flair. The best Rumble ever, especially thanks to Heenan's work on commentary.

93 Yokozuna. Absolutely the right call.

94 was a bit disappointing with Hart/Luger as co-winners. I felt it was a bit of a cop-out. "Oh we're not sure who we want to face Yokozuna at WM...how about both?!" I would have doubled down on Hart.

Beyond that, I'll just stick to the ones I didn't like:

2002--ANGLE! You could have given HHH a win a lot of other years, but 2002 had Angle written all over it.

2012 should have been Jericho.

2014 and 2015, as most people agree, were absolutely brutal. 2014 should have been Daniel Bryan, but the storyline we got because of Batista winning was still a good one. And 2015...oof. Assuming I already had Bryan winning the previous year...I guess Reigns was alright. Just the way they went about it was pretty stupid.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:31 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I have no opinion on the first 4 Rumbles, since they were for no prize.

1992 - Ric Flair still wins.

1993 - Yokozuna still wins.

1994 - Bret Hart wins by eliminating Lex Luger.

1995 - Shawn Michaels still wins, but the clock should have been at 90 seconds, not 60.

1996 - HBK still wins.

1997 - Undertaker wins instead of Austin.

1998 - Austin still wins.

1999 - Austin wins instead of Vince.

2000 - The Rock still wins.

2001 - Austin still wins.

2002 - HHH still wins.

2003 - Chris Benoit wins instead of Brock Lesnar.

2004 - Benoit wins his second Rumble.

2005 - John Cena wins instead of Batista.

2006 - Randy Orton wins, Mysterio doesn't get within 500 miles of the WM22 main event.

2007 - Undertaker still wins.

2008 - John Cena still wins.

2009 - Randy Orton still wins.

2010 - Edge still wins.

2011 - Alberto Del Rio still wins.

2012 - Chris Jericho wins instead of Sheamus.

2013 - Sheamus wins instead of John Cena.

2014 - Daniel Bryan wins instead of Batista.

2015 - Dolph Ziggler wins instead of Roman Reigns.

2016 - Triple H still wins.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:54 PM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

1988- Andre the Giant; tribute win for the King of battle royals

1989- Ted DiBiase

1990- Hogan

1991- Hogan

1992- Flair

1993- Macho Man

1994- Bret Hart

1995- Luger

1996- HBK

1997- HBK; should have been the WM 12 rematch so Michaels should have won

1998- Austin

1999- Austin

2000- Big Show; needed to win his first, he is a Giant after all

2001- The Rock; have Austin as champ so Rock can win the main event spot

2002- HHH; should have faced Austin though

2003- Brock

2004- Benoit

2005- Batista

stopped paying attention to storylines after that for a few years

2014- Daniel Bryan

2015- Reigns; he was the right choice they should have gone about it differently tho

2016- AJ Styles; with help from the bullet club...shake things up big time

Last edited by relentless1 : 01-24-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:09 AM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...roipdh123 is looking to come up from OCW...

1988 - "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase last eliminating Randy Savage. (Champion at the time: Hulk Hogan).
Lead to: The Main Event plays out the same only with Dibiase's title win not erased but it was announced that Dibiase will face Savage (the last eliminated man in the rumble match) at WM 4.
WM 4: Ted Dibiase (C) vs Randy Savage for the WWF Championship , Hulk Hogan vs Harley Race , Andre The Giant vs Bam Bam Bigelow.

1989 - Hulk Hogan last eliminating Andre The Giant (Champion at the time: Randy Savage).
Lead to: The same feud with Hogan and Savage only with this year that it was announced that from now on the rumble winner will get a title shot at WM.
WM 5: Randy Savage (C) vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship , The Ultimate Warrior (C) vs Rick Rude for the WWF Intercontinental Championship , The Mega Bucks (Ted Dibiase and Andre The Giant) vs The Union (Jake Roberts and Jim Duggan) with Big John Studd as the special guest referee.

1990 - WWF Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior last eliminating WWF Champion Hulk Hogan. (Champion at the time: Hulk Hogan).
Lead to: It was announced that if Hogan wins the rumble he will choose his WM opponent. If he loses the winner will face him. As a result we get the champion vs champion match at Mania.
WM 6: Hulk Hogan (C) vs The Ultimate Warrior (C) in a Winner Takes All Match for both the WWF and WWF Intercontinental Championships , Randy Savage vs Andre The Giant , Rick Rude vs Roddy Piper , Dusty Rhodes vs Mr. Perfect.

1991 - Mr. Perfect last eliminating Hulk Hogan (Champion at the time: The Ultimate Warrior)
Lead to: At the rumble Savage defeats Warrior to win the WWF Championship. Perfect gets the world title match at Mania.
WM 7: Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior , Randy Savage (c) vs Mr. Perfect for the WWF Championship , Sgt. Slaughter (C) vs Big Boss Man for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

1992 - Ric Flair last eliminating The Undertaker to win the Vacant WWF Championship (Champion at the time: Vacant).
Lead to: Hulk Hogan won a tournament to become the No.1 Contender at Mania.
WM 8: Ric Flair (C) vs Hulk Hogan for the WWF Championship, The Ultimate Warrior vs Sid Justice , The Undertaker vs Jake Roberts , Randy Savage vs Sgt. Slaughter , Roddy Piper (C) vs Bret Hart for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

1993 - Yokozuna won by last eliminating The Undertaker. (Champion at the time: Bret Hart).
Lead to: At the rumble Bret Hart retained the title by defeating Randy Savage.
WM 9: Bret Hart (C) vs Yokozuna for the WWF Championship, Hulk Hogan vs Lex Luger , The Undertaker vs Razor Ramon.

1994 - Bret Hart and Lex Luger co-won the rumble last eliminating Owen Hart. (Champion at the time: Yokozuna).
Lead to: Yokozuna retains the title against Taker in the casket match. Then there's the same. At WM the first title match between Yoko and Luger ended in a Double DQ. Then it was announced that Luger will get another shot in the main event making Bret's match into a triple threat.
WM 10: Yokozuna (C) vs Bret Hart vs Lex Luger in a Triple Threat Match for the WWF Championship , Bret Hart vs Owen Hart , Yokozuna (C) vs Lex Luger for the WWF Championship , Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon (C) in a Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

1995 - Shawn Michaels won the rumble last eliminating The British Bulldog (Champion at the time: Diesel).
Lead to: At the rumble Diesel retained his title by beating Owen Hart after a distraction from Bret. Rumble match goes like in reality only with Bret eliminating Owen when he was in the final 4.
WM 11: Diesel (C) vs Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship , Bret Hart vs Owen Hart in an "I Quit" Match with Roddy Piper as the Special Guest Referee , Lawrence Taylor vs Bam Bam Bigelow , Yokozuna (C) vs The Undertaker in a No Disqualification Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

1996 - Shawn Michaels won the rumble last eliminating Diesel (Champion at the time: Bret Hart).
Lead to: Bret defeats Taker via a DQ to retain the title at the rumble after interference from Diesel. Rumble match goes the same like in reality. Then at IYH 6 the co-main event decides the main event match for WM: Michaels defeats Diesel in a rematch from WM 11's main event to regain his title shot after interference from The Undertaker. Then in the main event - Bret defeats Taker in a Steel Cage Match to retain the title after interference from both Michaels and Diesel. The show ends with Taker and Michaels facing off Diesel and Bret to go on the road to WM.
WM 12: Bret Hart (C) vs Shawn Michaels for the WWF Championship (in a regular match that will go on for about 45 minutes to have room for other matches on the show) , The Undertaker vs Diesel , Roddy Piper vs Goldust in a Hollywood Backlot Brawl , The Ultimate Warrior vs Hunter Hearst Helmsley , Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Jake Roberts , Vader vs Yokozuna.

1997 - The Undertaker won by last eliminating Stone Cold Steve Austin (Champion at the time: Vader).
Lead to: At Summer Slam Vader DOES NOT face Michaels and we have a slow build with those 2. We have Michaels retain the title against a young KOTR winner in Stone Cold Steve Austin. Then at Survivor Series - Austin loses to Bret and Sycho Sid wins the title from Michaels. But then at IYH 12 - Vader defeats Sid to win the title , and Michaels defeats both Bret Hart and Mankind in a triple threat No.1 Contenders match to get a title match at the rumble. At the Royal Rumble: Vader defeats Michaels to retain his title and in the rumble match Austin does all his un-seen elimination thinks he won the rumble but then he turns around into a tombstone from an un - eliminated Taker who earns the title shot.
WM 13: Vader (C) vs The Undertaker for the WWF Championship , Bret Hart vs Stone Cold Steve Austin in a No Disqualification Submission Match with Ken Shamrock as the Special Guest Referee , Mankind vs Goldust , Hunter Hearst Helmsley (C) vs Rocky Maivia in a Steel Cage Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.

1998 - Stone Cold Steve Austin wins by last eliminating The Rock (the champion at the time: Shawn Michaels)
Lead to: The same buildup - Austin wins the rumble , Michaels retains against Taker in the casket match and so on.
WM 14: Shawn Michaels (C) vs Stone Cold Steve Austin for the WWF Championship with Mike Tyson as the Special Guest Enforcer , The Undertaker vs Kane in an Inferno Match , The Rock (C) vs Farrouq for the WWF Intercontinental Championship in a Nation Of Lumberjacks Match (the Nation of Domination are the lumberjacks , loser leaves the stable , winner becomes the undisputed leader).

1999 - Mr. McMahon won the rumble by last eliminating Stone Cold Steve Austin (Champion at the time: The Rock).
Lead to: The same!! (with Mankind going into a different feud).
WM 15: The Rock (C) vs Stone Cold Steve Austin with The Big Show as the Special Guest Referee , Stone Cold Steve Austin vs Mr. McMahon (winner picks the stipulations and referee for the title match) , The Undertaker vs Mankind in a Hell In A Cell Match , Triple H vs Kane.

2000 - The Rock won by last eliminating The Big Show (Champion at the time: Triple H ).
Lead to: Keep it simple!
WM 16: Triple H (C) vs The Rock in a No Holds Barred Match for the WWF Championship , Kurt Angle vs Mick Foley in a Medals vs Career Match , The Dudley Boys (C) vs Edge and Christian vs The Hardy Boys in a Ladder Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship , The Big Show vs Shane McMahon.

2001 - Stone Cold Steve Austin won by last eliminating Kane (Champion at the time: Kurt Angle).
Lead to: The same rumble match. At NWO 2001, the classic three stages of hell match with HHH earning the title shot at mania. But Angle also deserves the title shot after he lost his title. It was announced that only one of them will get the shot and it will be the winner of the match between the two at WM to join Rock and Austin in the title match main event.
WM 17: The Rock (C) vs Triple H vs Stone Cold Steve Austin in a Triple Threat Match for the WWF Championship (WITH NO HEEL TURN) , Triple H vs Kurt Angle in a No Holds Barred Match to determinate the 3rd participant in the WWF Championship match later on , The Dudley Boys (C) vs The Hardy Boys vs Edge and Christian in a TLC Match for the WWF Tag Team Championship , The Undertaker vs Chris Benoit , Shane McMahon vs Vince McMahon in a Street Fight with Mick Foley as the special guest referee.

2002 - Triple H won by last eliminating Kurt Angle (Champion at the time: Chris Jericho).
Lead to: Austin wins the title from Jericho at NWO 2002 and we go on from here (no there won't be any Austin vs Hogan - as this is not a realistic match with both man refusing to do it).
WM 18: Stone Cold Steve Austin (C) vs Triple H for the Unidsputed WWF Championship , The Rock vs Hulk Hogan . Rob Van Dam vs Chris Jericho , The Undertaker vs Booker T , Ric Flair vs Vince McMahon in a Street Fight for full ownership of the WWF , Christian (C) vs Edge in a TLC Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship , Kurt Angle vs Mr. Perfect

I will continue this later..
TNA - Hate 3: Dixie & Anderson & EY.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:19 AM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

1988 - Jake wins. The Snake was a bigger babyface than Hacksaw, the Rumble win really did nothing for Duggan.

1989 - Dibiase wins. Studd was already over 40 when he won the match. Really a testament to how far WWE will push size over logic. Was Big John really the way to go? I would have ended it with him and Ted as the final two, but the Million Dollar Man goes over.

1990 & 1991 - Hogan still wins. I'm torn between history going as normal and Savage going over Hogan in the 1990 Rumble. Hogan repeating is awesome and can't possibly happen another time. Savage winning in 1990 would have furthered the Mega Powers feud.

1992 - Flair still wins. The Nature Boy was the best option and him going over and setting up WrestleMania is the best option. Hogan should have faced Flair though.

1993 - Mr. Perfect wins. I'm a Hennig guy, yes. SummerSlam 1991 rematch, this time it's face vs face. Hogan can face Yoko in a number one contenders match. This was the start of the Rumble match giving the winner a Mania title shot, it seemed an odd choice to give it to a heel, but that had a lot to do with Hart being champ.

1994 - Hart wins. No tie. Luger was fun as a face but they went almost too far with the patriotic stuff. Bret was far more over. This does rob us of Bret vs Owen at Mania, but the structure of Yoko's double defence was really convoluted and hurt Mania X.

1995 & 1996 - Shawn Michaels wins. I thought of doing something different here for difference's sake, but it's just too good of a story. The second double victory really made Michaels in this time.

1997 - Undertaker wins. Austin still "wins" but the match is overturned that same night.

1998 - Austin wins. Goes on to face Michaels

1999 - Austin wins his back to back Rumbles, faces Rock.

2000 - Mick Foley wins. Most likely as Mankind, but takes the shot as Cactus Jack and in HIAC at WrestleMania 2000. These matches were classics that were far and above the four way we got.

2001 - Austin still wins.

2002 - The Rock wins. Goes on to face Hogan for the undisputed title.

2003 - Lesnar still wins. Brock was the biggest thing in WWE at the time and I loved him having to face Big Show to get into the match. They should revisit that idea later.

2004 - Benoit still wins. Despite the events that surrounded the end of his life. The whole angle with then Smackdown GM Heyman banning Benoit from any future title shots, then winning at The Rumble and bouncing to Raw was great. I would have had the match end with controversy and get restarted with Michaels and Benoit as the final two. This lends more credence to Michaels getting the triple threat.

2005 - Batista still wins. I want to give this to Cena, but I just like the story that much more. Cena was about to become the top guy, and Batista the number two guy, but the whole Evolution storyline was better than Cena vs JBL.

2006 - Rey still wins. This is another situation where I want to deviate from history and have someone else win, but this is based on how Mysterio was handled after his title win. In a perfect world Eddie lived and won this Rumble facing Batista or Angle.

2007 - Undertaker wins. This was the best option, though I would have put Taker and Batista on last at Mania.

2008 - Triple H wins. I like Helmsley going over here as opposed to Cena because it builds off of the angle where Triple H was screwed out of the title the previous fall. Cena can challenge Orton at No Way Out (therefore not wasting the Mania shot) and still enter a triple threat match.

2009 - Orton was white hot. There's no other option.

2010 - Edge wins, but captures the title at Mania. It seems silly that he didn't, although they were dead set on Swagger as champion. I thought about Michaels going over here, but then how do they add the career threatening stip?

2011 - Christian wins. ADR wasn't ready. No one had any idea that Edge would retire, but Edge vs Christian is just a bigger money match. Who wouldn't buy into that drama? Edge defeats Christian.

2012 - Jericho wins. Sheamus' victory here was so lack lustre. Then there was the 30 second match. Sheesh.

2013 - Cena wins. This being Cena's first Rumble win, it adds more excitement to what was otherwise a through the motions Rumble.

2014 - CM Punk wins. Punk was the right choice. He was still hot as hell and would have been an acceptable alternative to Daniel Bryan.

2015 - Reigns wins. The difference here is you don't air those crappy interviews with Michael Cole. He returns unexpectedly and immediately enters into a feud with Triple H, whom he must beat to gain access to the Royal Rumble.

2016 - Ambrose wins. Ambrose eliminates Reigns, by accident or by turning heel. This sets up a rematch for WrestleMania so WWE can focus on two new guys going on last. Ambrose becomes first guy sine Warrior to hold both the IC and world title.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:52 AM
WCW TV Champion

rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...rge2010 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

2015 – Roman Reigns
No issue with Reigns winning last year. Fans are crying out for new stars to be built and what happens when they try? Smarky fans try and shit all over it. Lesnar vs Reigns at WM31 was a great match.

2014 – CM Punk & Daniel Bryan
I would have had these as joint winners like Bret & Luger in 1994. Both could have entered the WM30 main event against Orton in a triple threat match. Punk may have even stuck around, smarks would have combusted at these two winning.

2013 – John Cena
The Rock was Champion and Cena winning made sense for that big rematch. I don’t care about the ‘Once In A Lifetime’ stuff. Who cares…all big matches have a rematch and this was no different. I hope they have a third somewhere down the line.

2012 – Chris Jericho
Everything made sense for Jericho to win this. Terrible booking having Sheamus win it. All 29 should have been eliminated and number 30 should have walked out to an empty ring and picked up the ring. That was Jericho’s que.

2011 – Alberto Del Rio

No issues with Del Rio winning this one. They were trying to push him as a major heel so it made sense. I like Del Rio but my only criticism of this win would be have him enter a little earlier. He entered at number 38 making it a tainted victory in my opinion.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:47 AM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

1988- Jake The Snake Roberts last eliminating Andre The Giant

1989- Macho Man Randy Savage last eliminating Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase

1990- Hogan last eliminating Perfect...now thinking about it I would keep this as is

1991- Perfect wins last eliminating Hogan...reverse of the year before marking a heel winning but Perfect eliminating Hogan from behind

1992- Flair but him last eliminating Hogan

1993- Savage wins by last eliminating Yokozuna in a herculean effort overcoming in a David vs Goliath scenario

1994- Bret Hart wins by last eliminating Lex Luger; no co winners, they fight it out after they both go out at the same time with the match being restarted

1995- Lex Luger wins by last eliminating Shawn Michaels since Luger was robbed the hear before but eventually sets up a Lex Luger heel turn to face Diesel

1996- Michaels still wins but in a shocker by returning the night of the PPV itself completely shocking everyone in the match by last eliminating Diesel

1997- Undertaker wins by last eliminating Bret after Bret eliminates Austin with the referees seeing it but Austin would try to come back into the ring to attack Bret but Bret would see him coming and Taker eliminates Bret from behind

1998- Austin still wins by last eliminating Rock

1999- Austin back to back by last eliminating Vince because Vince didn't need the win

2000- The Rock still wins by last eliminating Big Show

2001- Kane wins by last eliminating Austin

2002- Triple H still wins but he eliminates Austin in the final 2 instead of eliminating Angle

2003- Lesnar still wins by last eliminating Taker

2004- Kurt Angle wins by last eliminating Benoit in the final 2; Angle goes to Mania in the main event with Angle jumping brands to go to RAW to set up a Triple Threat Match with HHH and HBK but Angle at this time was just as hot as Benoit was

2005- Batista still wins by last eliminating Cena

2006- Rey Mysterio still wins but he eliminates Triple H last instead of Orton

2007- Undertaker still wins by last eliminating Michaels

2008- Cena still wins by last eliminating Triple H

2009- Triple H wins by last eliminating Orton

2010- Edge still wins but he eliminates Jericho last

2011- Christian wins as a surprise entrant by last eliminating Del Rio

2012- Jericho wins by last eliminating Orton

2013- Ryback wins by last eliminating Cena

2014- CM Punk wins by last eliminating Batista after Del Rio tries to get involved and Punk from behind eliminates Batista

2015- Roman Reigns wins but he does it as a surprise entrant in a shocker by last eliminating Bray Wyatt

2016- AJ Styles in his debut in his first Rumble wins to become WWE World Heavyweight Champion by last eliminating Roman Reigns after Triple H gets involved after Reigns eliminates Triple H since Ambrose would be eliminated by Sheamus
Old 01-25-2016, 10:38 AM

Pérez84 is looking to come up from OCW...Pérez84 is looking to come up from OCW...

1988: Jake Roberts. Much better performer than Duggan.

1989: B. J. Studd still. Avoiding Dibiase's victory from #30 was the right call.

1990: Ultimate Warrior going through the path of glory.

1991: Hogan.

1992: Flair no doubt.

1993: Yokozuna presented as a monster was good.

1994: I'm fine with the Bret-Luger tie.

1995: British Bulldog instead of Michaels.

1996: Shawn Michaels.

1997: Shawn Michaels better winning the Rumble than the title itself.

1998: Austin.

1999: Shane, Shamrock or Big Bossman. Not Vince.

2000: Rock.

2001: Austin.

2002: HHH.

2003: Lesnar.

2004: Mr. Nobody.

2005: Batista.

2006: Mysterio.

2007: Undertaker.

2008: Cena.

2009: Orton.

2010: Edge.

2011: Sheamus. Better have Sheamus win the Rumble a year prior than his actual win. ADR was not worthy.

2012: Jericho.

2013: Cena.

2014: Punk. Over Batista anyday.

2015: Reigns. I don't like him too much but with Bryan not cleared at all, Reigns was the right choice.

2016: Lesnar. I would keep him as "undefeated in the rumble match". HHH vs Reigns at Mania still can close the show without the title on the line, HHH winning was not needed IMO.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:56 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...MMK is looking to come up from OCW...

88: Ted Dibiase.
Have the Rumble be for the vacant WWF title after the controversial Hogan/Andre SNME match. Dibiase Enters at #20 (last entrant). Later its revealed he bought that number from someone else (Andre) and will defend the title against Savage (Savage would have entered at #1 and lasted the entire match only to be eliminated last by Dibiase who bought his way to the #20 spot). This way the RUmble has more importance and we avoid the awful 16 man tournament at Mania.

89: Warrior. No title or title shot on the line so the logical choice would be the next big star. Warrior's pop was second only to Hogan. Last man eliminated would be Rick Rude thus setting up their match at Mania.

90: Mr.Perfect. Hands down. He was undefeated going into this match and should have stayed that way. The Hogan/Warrior staredown was classic and was more than enough to set up their match at Mania. Neither had to win.

91: Macho King. Goes on to face Warrior at Mania in a title vs career stipulation match. Slaughter never should have been champion. He and Hogan could simply have a no holds barred flag match. Title didn't need to be involved.

92: Ric Flair. Best Rumble Ever. No changes needed.

93: Bret Hart. Instead of Flair vs Bret for the title in Oct 92 I would have saved Bret's first title win to be at Mania 9. Figure four vs Sharpshooter. Submission match. Flairs final match with WWF. Flair left a month before this ppv but Im sure could have been convinced to stay an extra month. Yokozuna should have entered at #1 and eliminated a bunch of guys like Diesel did in 94, only to get eliminated by 10 men.

94: Owen Hart. They actually did an alternative Royal Rumble in 94 at a house show which was in fact one by Owen Hart. Since I had Bret winning the title at Mania 9, I would keep it on him all through out 93 (which is what they should have done instead of that Lex Express crap) only to lose it to Owen at WMX. Owen/Bret could still open the show, which would allow Shawn/Razor to be in the main event which it deserved. Bret wins the title back in the cage match at Summerslam. Would love to have seen Owen win the title once.

95: Undertaker. Loved Shawn's "one foot" finish, but everything about that storyline of him entering at #1 and lasting the entire 60 minutes could have been done the following year when it would have been more appropriate seeing as how he was going on to face Bret in a 60 minute Iron Man Match. Shawn vs Diesel at WM11 was a good rivalry but it was never main event WWF title material. I would have had them meet for the IC title instead while Taker challenges Bret. Deadman vs Hitman. Face vs Face. WM11 needed a big match like that. No need for Bret to ever drop the belt to Backlund. Undertaker wins title at WM11.

96: Shawn. Only change being that this should be the year he enters at #1. He was a babyface in 96 so it makes more sense for him to do the underdog story this year as opposed to when he was a heel.

97: Austin. Great ending with the controversy invovling him and Bret. Only change I'd make would be that due to the controversy Bret/Taker/Vader (the three men AUstin screwed over) meet in a triple threat in February for Shawns vacant title. Bret wins and will defend against Austin at Mania. That Bret/Austin match was a classic and deserved to be for the title and in the main event.

98: Austin. No changes.

99: Austin. 3 years in a row.

00: Rock. No changes. EXCEPT I would have had Kurt Angle in this Rumble and have him put on a breakout performance and be the last man Rock eliminates.

01: Austin. No changes. Sets up Mania perfectly.

02: Kurt Angle. Man is an olympic gold medalist. He deserved to win a Rumble. Triple H not in this Rumble. I would have saved his return for after the Rumble. He and Shawn should have faced Hall and Nash at that years mania. DX vs nWo. Angle can challenge Jericho for the title or whoever happens to be champion by the time Mania rolls around.

03: Brock Lesnar. No changes.

04: Eddie Guerrero. At Mania it's Eddie vs Triple H vs Shawn Michaels for the Raw Title. Benoit vs Angle for the Smackdown Title. Eddie and Shawn in the same match would have been excellent. Plus, not having Benoit win means we don't have to pretend all these years later that this Rumble never happened.

(I stopped watching wrestling for the next few years so I have no opinion on what happens in 05, 06, 07, 08, 09. Crappy era not worth watching imo. Tuned in for Bret's return in Jan 2010 and got hooked again.)

10: Edge. No changes. His return and subsequent victory was predictable but still effective and well deserved.

11: Santino : Loved this Royal Rumble. 40 men was great. Diesel and Booker returns were awesome. I've always wanted to see a Rumble where a guy who legit on no ones radar ended up winning. 2011 was the closest we ever got to that. Crowd was flipping out when they teased Santino might win. I think he and Del Rio could have had a great feud had Santino won and ruined Del Rio's destiny. The biggest underdog winning the biggest RUmble of all time would have been awesome. Del Rio could still win the title in February then defend against Santino at Mania. At Mania Santino enters with the "Eye Of The Tiger" theme lol.

12: CM Punk: No question. He was the hottest wrestler going after his 2011 pipe bomb and should have won this Rumble.

13:The Rock Instead of Punk vs Rock for the title at the 2013 Rumble, I would have had Rock enter the Rumble and go on to challenge Punk at Mania. No need for Cena vs Rock 2 just so Cena can get his win back. Punk retains at Mania. Rock, as a part timer, wouldn't be able to defend the title on a regular basis, so I have Punk cheat to win. This could be the event where Punk turns heel. They should have went all in with Punk. He could have been up there with Austin.

14: Daniel Bryan. WWE botching this obvious scenario in favor of Batista is one of the dumbest blunders of all time.

15: Roman Reigns (I actually have no problem with Reigns winning last years Rumble. The reason it got such a bad reaction is because of how badly they screwed up the previous years Rumble. If Bryan had won in 2014 as he should have then fans wouldn't have been so negative to Reigns winning in 2015 as there would have been no reason to be upset about Bryan not winning since he won last year.)

16: Brock Lesnar. (If Brock is in a Rumble, he should win it. Period.)

Last edited by MMK : 01-25-2016 at 06:01 PM.