WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment > WWE NXT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-22-2016, 02:26 AM
Million Dollar Champion

MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...MartialHorror worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Should 'Main Roster' performers step down to NXT?

This actually happens with some people, such as the Ascension and Adam Rose, but I don't necessarily mean failed NXT call-ups. I'm talking guys like Big Show, Ryback, The Usos, Dudleyz, Ziggler, Swagger, etc.

The main reason why I think this could be interesting is I feel like the Main Roster is just too big right now. Popular performers are being demoted into oblivion because there's just no room for them. What happened to Prime Time Players? Or Jack Swagger? Or Damian Sandow- who was arguably the MOST 'over' person on the roster for awhile? If there's not enough air-time, they won't be on TV and interest will dwindle (Sandow did appear last week on RAW and it was depressing how the crowd seemed to have forgotten about him).

So maybe if there's some alternating going on, RAW won't become as stale because NXT performers will be moving up every handful of months and there would be an actual place for them. None of this Tyler Breeze nonsense where he would win a few times, start jobbing and become another extra within 2 months. Furthermore, the Main Roster performers moving down will be able to work with different opponents, bring a bit more exposure/ credibility to NXT and won't have to be on the road as much.

I remember Big Show and Ryback having a match at NXT and I thought that was idiotic booking (which lead to fans rejecting it). If you're going to have Ryback and Big Show on NXT, wouldn't it be more interesting if you had them take on the NXT Roster? Obviously those in charge would have to be careful though, as I wouldn't especially like Main Rosterers winning NXT gold.

Anyway, just my thoughts. What are yours?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:38 AM
Only Holly to never hold HC title
WWE Diva's Champion

Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...Softcore Holly worked a dark match on ECW recently...

A "guest" appearance from the main roster every once and a while would be ok, like when Cesaro showed up to face Zayn to have those awesome matches a while back. But I wouldn't use it as a way to use unused stars, NXT should be mainly focused on developing new talent and having main roster guys showing up too often would seriously get in the way of that. If they were truly demoted to NXT like say Zack Ryder then fine since that's their job now but otherwise main roster appearances should be very rare.

Also I would have to think that regularly seen guys like the ones you've mentioned would be working house shows when they're not on Raw/SD and it would be a hassle for them to work down in Florida unless they just happen to be in the area, in which case it would probably be more profitable for them to just work in another house show. As for the guys that aren't seen as much, well that's a whole other problem that taking up air time from NXT isn't going to fix.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:54 AM

armenta541 is looking to come up from OCW...

I actually think this would be a good storyline for the Big Show to go to NXT and just dominating everyone, showing he still has the ability. He would probably piss of Triple H in the process, but get his attention nonetheless. Then have someone make their jump to the main roster to get their shot at Big Show. or Whomever.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:58 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I dont know whether its a coincidence or what? But I too had the same idea today and was about to post a thread about it.

Unlike you, I had this idea for just a single person who is Damien Sandow!

With due respect to you, I disagree about all other guys you mentioned. I am ok with Dudleyz, Usos, Ziggler with the current position they have. No idea about what they are doing with Ryback. All other guys except these 4 have never been more over with the crowd than Damien Sandow. He needs to go there and show his full potential there but i know i am asking for too much from WWE.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 AM
is a happier and wiser man
WWE Women's Champion

Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...Reflection is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Yes, but it should only be limited to those that have the potential to make a noticeable improvement and be a part of something bigger down the line. It shouldn't be your average Swaggers and Zigglers, whom we have seen enough of already, and who don't have much of a scope for improvement. Another risk is that if you send just about anybody over there, it would dilute the NXT product- which has been ranked the #1 wrestling TV show of the year recently by WON.
Another type of wrestlers that can be sent back are those former NXT talents whose main roster run didn't succeed because either the bookers screwed up, or the crowd didn't buy it. e.g. Emma and The Ascension.
A third type are those that can be asked to make a couple of special appearances in NXT, because the NXT crowd would love to see them. e.g. Cesaro, Bryan or even Rollins... but NOT Big Show, Ryback, Del Rio or Kane. They won't tolerate these stars taking away precious time from their beloved wrestlers.
Old 01-22-2016, 06:12 AM
Knows his role. Shuts your mouth!
WWE Diva's Champion

Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...Skinsley is looking to come up from OCW...

If someone requires some development then yes. Damien Sandow as someone mentioned could test the waters on a new gimmick before being called back up. Kinda how Bray and Ryback did.

But other than that no, I don't mind a guest appearance now and then or a match here or there like Cesaro did. But no, I would not be interested in seeing Dolph Ziggler or Big Show or any established main roster talent stinking up the soup of a developmental brand.

Hate Cena. Respect Cena.

Hello, I'm AWESOME!
Old 01-22-2016, 07:02 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

It's not uncommon. I remember Mark Henry being sent to OVW for a while when WWE was still affiliated with them to get in better shape and improve his in-ring work m, Big Show too. Husky Harris returned to NXT and a year or two later returned as Bray Wyatt after being repackaged while down there. Tyson Kidd did the same thing as well. Emma and Cameron too, however I'm not sure how it's working out for the latter. Ryback was never sent back to WWE, there were plans on switching him to Ryback before his ankle surgeries.

I wouldn't mind seeing some of the vets go there and being in roles like Rhyno, or taking on some of the bigger stars in NXT like Chris Jericho did against Finn Balor. I like the idea of Big Show going there and being a mentor/occasional on-air performer at this stage in his career. At the rate he moves around I don't particularly care to see him in a regular run there. He would be good at using in a over the top rope battle Royal.

I believe this was Vince's idea with the original ECW had they sealed another TV deal. His intentions were to send WWE guys there to test new gimmicks. The only thing about that is I feel gimmick testing should be done on shows like Superstars and Main Event because it seems like the NXT audience and Main Roster audience accept certain workers and the main roster audience doesn't. Most recently with Tyler Breeze and The Acension.
Old 01-22-2016, 07:48 AM
WWF Hardcore Champion

comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...comrade_mario worked a dark match on ECW recently...

If someone needs some work in the ring, on a character or on promos than I'd say yes. I wouldn't put the likes of Damien Sandow on NXT because he doesn't it and it would be to the detriment of the show.

Instead of main roster guys hitting NXT on a regular basis I'd rather they actually turned Smackdown into what they seem to be pushing NXT as now. I think NXT has outgrown its original purpose and I think the WWE needs to be mindful that it is the place where people go to get used to WWE's style and/or develop. They can't keep pushing guys like Zayn, Balor etc. to try to top main roster PPVs but you'll just end up with guys (like Zayn) having serious injuries before they even have a chance to get over with the Raw crowd.

Instead I'd love for them to almost do another brand extension (though I wouldn't call it that and I wouldn't have two world titles) where they unload the likes of Balor, Bayley, Samoa Joe, Emma, Zayn, Itami, Alexa Bliss and Asuka on to Smackdown and have them mix it up with Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Dolph Ziggler, Del Rio and other high midcard acts. The IC or US title could be unofficially used as their world title then. Once someone like Balor or Bayley gets over with the Smackdown crowd than they get switched to Raw on an ever more frequent basis to see how they go. That also leaves NXT for people like Apollo Crews and Baron Corbin, who are good but need more time in the NXT spotlight before going main roster.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:01 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

It'd be a significant slap in the face to send a main roster mainstay down to NXT.

Earlier this week, as I'm sure many of us read, the winner of the last Tough Enough, I can't remember the guy's name offhand, has gotten a lot of heat for disrespectful Tweets he sent out on Monday in which he called the Social Outcasts "jobbers." While it may technically be true, those guys have earned their places on the main roster and this guy hasn't earned the right as a WWE employee to disrespect anyone, especially since he was just handed a $250,000 contract when others wrestlers all over the world have to work for years to even have a chance at making that kind of money.

Being sent down to NXT also means a major pay cut and main roster guys who've had significant success there aren't gonna just accept that. Someone like Ziggler, who I'd imagine pulls in at least upper six figures, going from that to a $25,000 salary in NXT would consider that a total slap in the face and I wouldn't blame him for thinking that whatsoever.

I'm a fan of NXT as well and I very much hope to see it continue to grow, expand and prosper. However, let's not assign more importance to NXT than it actually deserves because, at the end of the day, it's still WWE's developmental territory and part of the reason why it thrives, a reason that isn't often talked about, is because WWE pays for damn near all the operating cost of NXT. In time, I genuinely believe that if it was something they wanted, NXT can be its own independent entity that pulls in big money, gets its own weekly TV deal, meant big money, etc. and WWE could always set up another developmental territory if NXT simply got too big for that. However, that time isn't now and if it ever does happen is when discussions regarding some sort of talent exchange or assignment can be realistically discussed.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
Old 01-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Advertise Here $9.95/month
United States Champion

George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...George Steele's Barber is a United States Champion...

Can people stop pretending that NXT is strictly developmental? They are a televised (internet) brand that tours and even plays and sells out large arenas. They have guys regularly competing with over ten years experience under their belt and occassionally have WWE veterans competing as well. It is basically minor leagues.

That being said it may make for a nice story to have someone "sent down". It may allow WWE to build a great baby face story of someone who hits rock bottom and works their way back to the top. Or a great NXT heel story of someone who goes down to bully people around but ends up getting punched in the face or a heel that feels like their too good to be part of "developmental". Or maybe that heel that is too good goes through a self realization that the NXT has a ton of talent and becomes a face.

But I doubt you can tell much of a story since it might mean a huge cut in pay for the guy who gets sent down.
GSB Observation #8675309 - I've never seen Samoa Joe and Manny from Modern Family in the same room at the same time, coincidence?

Last edited by George Steele's Barber : 01-22-2016 at 08:11 AM.