WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > World Wrestling Entertainment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-20-2016, 03:19 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...
Default Did The Acension ever Stand a Chance?

Two weeks worth of vignettes hyping their debut on the main roster. 3 weeks worth of squashing enhancement talent, unwarranted mic time, the announce team virtually buried them, their promo claiming dominance over Road Warriors/LOD, worked in a segment to be buried by a group of guys 50+ in years.

The only bright spot was their victory over NAO which simply lead....well...nowhere but to Superstars and Main Event. Then an odd alliance with Stardust that led to even more nothing. Then to top it off I see them come down to NXT 2 or 3 months ago and lose against Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. And recent Raw appearance with Stardust. To sum up their first year on the main roster - WWE has done everything to dismantle this team from how they were booked in NXT.

So my question is, what went wrong? Did they ever stand a chance or am I missing something?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:08 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...Azane worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Their Gimmick doesnt work for mainstream, they're just a discount LoD on RAW, and that's all they'll ever be with what they are now.

Announcers can't put anyone over but the main event, unlike NXT where they do their job and call matches and hype talent, the main announcers just talk about Roman Reigns and John Cena, even when they're not even on the card, it's what's been holding a lot of Mid Carders to the lower mid card.

Their presentation after the few squashes, turned into Jobbers of the future.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:24 PM

kc2788x is looking to come up from OCW...

Two weeks worth of vignettes hyping their debut on the main roster. 3 weeks worth of squashing enhancement talent, unwarranted mic time, the announce team virtually buried them, their promo claiming dominance over Road Warriors/LOD, worked in a segment to be buried by a group of guys 50+ in years.

The only bright spot was their victory over NAO which simply lead....well...nowhere but to Superstars and Main Event. Then an odd alliance with Stardust that led to even more nothing. Then to top it off I see them come down to NXT 2 or 3 months ago and lose against Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. And recent Raw appearance with Stardust. To sum up their first year on the main roster - WWE has done everything to dismantle this team from how they were booked in NXT.

So my question is, what went wrong? Did they ever stand a chance or am I missing something?

To be honest, there is way too many tag teams right now to just really focus on one individual tag team, it doesn't help them even more because the WWE just sign another tag team that could possibly form the Balor club, the writers write now are not focus on them. As much as I hate HHH maybe one way to get them over is to have HHH form a alliance with them and the double cross Stardust. It didn't help them one bit to talk smack of the Road Warriors. That, in my opinion was their down fall.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:54 PM
Knockout Champion

TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...TDFG is looking to come up from OCW...

I have to agree with the comment that they were discount LOD, maybe a poor man's mixture of LOD & Demolition.

They haven't impressed, the in ring skills and moveset is limited and to be honest I'm surprised they've lasted this long.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:30 PM
DON'T HINDER JINDER
WWE Women's Champion

shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...shafe_41 is going to make some noise in the draft...
Send a message via ICQ to shafe_41

Yes. They did. I've never been high on the Ascension personally. But they debuted... trashed the NAO who are at or around 50, and tried to sell a watered down, trashy, awful version of the Road Warriors. They would have been fine being their own thing and not a knock off of arguably the greatest tag team of all time.

Are they awful in the ring? No. But they've just never captured my attention. Even in NXT, I didn't get the hype. They were just aggressive dudes with facepaint. Their finisher... not that impressive. It just didn't match their aggressive nature in my book. Almost seems out of place. Their work on the stick... meh. Couldn't care if they ever picked up a microphone. I won't claim I've seen everything they've ever done because I haven't. But what I have seen doesn't set them apart from anyone. They need repackaged totally. They need new looks, no facepaint, and a new moveset with a different finisher. Dash and Dawson have a better gimmick. And their gimmick is... barely having a gimmick.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

The Ascension were another example of the NXT crowd ridiculously overhyping a talent, to the point where it made them seem far better than they really are. They're a mediocre team, with mediocre ring skills. They might eventually get a brief tag team title run in the future, but only as transitional champions. They're just not good enough to be a top team in WWE.
Old 01-20-2016, 08:04 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...Heartbreak_Kid_707 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via Yahoo to Heartbreak_Kid_707

In NXT I loved them. They were dominant.

They moved to the main roster and just ....blah....fell flat. They didn't look impressive in the ring or didn't sound it on the mic.

To be honest I could see them being cut soon..
Old 01-20-2016, 09:00 PM
With the safety off!!
TNA Champion

Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...Navi is a United States Champion...

I was on the RAW LD thread the night they debuted and couldn't wait for it. Was so disappointed with the way they were handled not to mention talked about especially by the announce team. JBL can suck a big one after that.

They never fully recovered from that first few outings, and I'm afraid that they will never reach what could have been their potential. Vince tweaked their gimmick to the point where they looked like a joke. Was a waste. Norcal was beside himself, so was I.

It sort of left me wondering why bother bringing these guys up from NXT if they are only going to get treated like shit when they get to the main roster. Isn't the point of having a development system to train them and give them a head start. The only one who's done anything so far is Kevin Owens, and it's a shame. But looking at the WWE as a whole, it's not just the NXT who get treated like crap, half the roster is treated like they don't exist half the time as well.
Old 01-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...Rocky84 is looking to come up from OCW...

They weren't booked properly. I always thought that they would've been called a tad bit sooner during Wrestlemania 30 to team up with Kane when he had to deal with The Shield. Instead it was the Outlaws. He should've went the Demon Kane route and brought in reinforcements from NXT (still connected semi-corporate since it's HHH's company). I think they missed the mark there. Just my opinion.

Instead, from day 1 they just handled them all wrong. It's so weird the way they handle talent nowadays. It never used to be like this. They boost a guy, then forget about him, then bring him back, drop him again and leave them in limbo...like Ryback for example. Then the 50/50 booking. Place is a mess. How can you have a good product when you handle talent this way?

Like trying to make a good soup (product) with veggies (talent) you let rot by forgetting about them. How do you expect it to be good?
Old 01-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Cena is no Bruno & Cole is no Solie
WWE Women's Champion

stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...stingray11214 scored a win over Santino Marella...

The Ascension would have had a chance if VKM would just LEAVE THINGS THE FUCK BE! He tried to turn the Ascension into a poor man's version of a team that they were not even in the same stratosphere. Had VKM allowed the Ascension to operate as they did in NXT, lord only knows what would have happened. As for the NXT crowd "overhyping" them: That is pure bullshit. You are talking about a crowd that is in what was one of the crown jewels in the NWA, Florida. Those people probably remember Mike Graham, Hiro Matsuda, the Spoiler and "Night Train" Rufus R. Jones. Championship Wrestling from Florida was one of the premier companies in the business. The NXT fan was probably brought up watching CWF back in the day. If they didn't, they were told stories of the great matches. So, they will lynch those that have no business being in the ring. The Ascension clearly had business.

Now, compare THAT to the average Sports Entertainment fan that attends a WWE show. They are more there to be part of the experience. They do not care about the wrestling. Come on, do you think that any SERIOUS fan of pro wrestling would even TOLERATE the idiotic sketch of a trombone's funeral that they had on Monday night? Do you think ANY serious team like the Ascension would have a chance when you are dealing with spectators who are more "Big Brother" than "Championship Wrestling"?