WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 PM
Ain't it sleep first then eat?
WWE Diva's Champion

Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...Chicago1989 is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Almost 2 Years Later, Should Brock Have Ended The Streak?

It's almost been 2 years since The Streak ended. Looking back on it, it made logical sense having Brock Lesnar beat Undertaker and end The Streak. Brock was on a roll and was looked at by most people to be the most challenging opponent to face Undertaker at WrestleMania. Brock was credible enough in many ways - Dominating wins over CM Punk, Triple H, and Big Show, his credentials, and stature. No one was more credible and threatening.

Now after 2 years have gone by, I feel that Brock didn't need that win. He hasn't shown any change before or after ending The Streak. To me, it feels like it would've made no difference whether he beat The Streak or not because he would still be considered the beast he is today regardless.

In my opinion, Bray Wyatt should've been the one to end The Streak. He could've gone more farther with that win than Brock and it would've set him up for bigger and better things for his career. Bray would've probably been a WWE World Champion and go on to become an instant threat to anyone, especially if Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan were around from the very beginning to bask in the glory of Bray ending The Streak. Imagine the promos Bray would've cut after being the 1 in 21-1.

To me, it should've been Brock vs Cena and Bray vs Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX.

Looking back, do you think it was still the best decision in having Brock Lesnar end The Streak?

Did you see Bray Wyatt being the one who should've ended The Streak and would he have more mileage out of the win than Brock?
Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 PM
Natural 20 G-Mod
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...Dagger Dias is a WWE Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

My opinion has not changed since the Wrestlemania 30 match. Brock Lesnar was the absolute worst choice to end Undertaker's undefeated streak. The ending of the streak was a once in a lifetime moment that WWE ruined. They missed the opportunity for a colossal heel turn for any of a number of face characters. Brock Lesnar is going to be seen as an evil monster heel no matter what he does. He did not NEED the momentum that such a huge accomplishment provides. It was a horrible decision on WWE's part that I still, and likely always will, disagree with.

As for the threadstarter's question regarding Bray.... would he have benefited more from ending the streak than Brock? Goodness, yes. He calls himself the "new face of fear" yet he keeps losing the matches that matter. Bray would have every right in the world to call himself the "new face of fear" had he been the one to end the streak instead of Brock. It would have been a great passing of the torch, although that ship has obviously sailed.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Dagger is the John Cena of this site.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:20 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Originally I felt WWE missed on a passing the torch moment by not putting Wyatt in Brock's place at WM 30. But Paul Heyman has sold that victory so well since the Lesnar win and he has been booked dominant and it elevated him to higher levels making his second run with WWE more memorable. Clearly is the most intimidating guy on the roster.

You don't want whoever beat the Streak to be around full-time. It would over-expose them and kill the mystique. Lesnar has reached a new godly status in Kayfabe, to the point where now every match he's in is like a Streak match. They've effectively taken the importance of the Streak match and dispersed it to every time Lesnar even has a match. He's what Andre the Giant used to be back in the territory days.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Registered Suplex Offender
WWE Diva's Champion

Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...Vanilla Midget worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Too soon to cast judgment, we still haven’t really seen the total fruition of Brock ending The Streak. I think a plan was put in place for Brock to take the mantle of The Streak over from Undertaker and carry it going forward. That mantle isn’t so much an undefeated streak (although it has been) as it is the anointing of a new WrestleMania main attraction.

Brock was the right guy. Anyone else, anyone young or up and coming, would have been shat all over. Brock has the pedigree to back up the accomplishment, whereas a young guy could have something as big as The Streak squandered on them.

Imagine if they went ahead with the rumoured Wade Barrett vs Taker bout that was set up at Survivor Series in 2010. Imagine if Barrett ended The Streak, then went on to be as injury prone or irrelevant as he has.

Imagine if The Streak was still intact this year, and Bray Wyatt went on to break it. Now imagine if something happens to Wyatt. He walks away from wrestling, turns out to be injury prone, or anything that prevents him from being a top star. Would that not be a waste of The Streak?

Brock ending it meant that a surefire hall of famer and legend ended The Streak. Taking a chance on someone, even a multi generation star in Wyatt could have you blow a 25 year effort that can basically never be recreated. So, do you let anyone break The Streak, or do you let someone big end The Streak.

In my mind there was only a handful of people that should have ended it. It had to be someone that could take up Undertaker’s mantle as a big alternate attraction to the World Title. It was basically up to either Brock or John Cena. Brock comes around a few times a year, like Taker. Cena is the eternal babyface, so the option wasn’t really there.

Even if he split after WrestleMania 31, Brock still ends The Streak. Had Brock not re-signed, I have no doubt we would have seen either Reigns or Rollins pin Brock clean.

And that’s what Brock has now. Eventually someone pins him clean, and that person receives the rub of beating Undertaker, handed to them from Lesnar.

As for Wyatt, he shouldn’t have ended The Streak. We don’t know for sure that he will stick around for years, although all signs point to yes. He can still be the one to pin Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, effectively receiving The Streak after all.

I think a case could even be made for Undertaker and Wyatt to face each other at WrestleMania 32, but only if it ends with Taker on his back. This is a rematch though, so it could be considered relatively boring. Undertaker should be losing regardless who he faces this year.
Old 01-13-2016, 11:40 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I am still for the idea of Wyatt burying The Undertaker in a WM victory, thus putting an end to Taker's in-ring career. I just don't see any other reason for him to be around anymore without the streak. We saw his Survivor Series moment last year and how he quietly erased critics that he couldn't still work a decent match following WM 30. Someone else needs to benefit for a rub before he retires.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:20 AM
WCW TV Champion

Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...Aquaman6686 worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Brock Lesnar was the absolute worst choice to end The Streak, and we still have a long way to go to see the long-term, devastating damage caused by this colossal error. Nobody benefited from Brock ending The Streak, except Paul Heyman. A 25 year career and the building of a legendary mystique was destroyed in an instant, to stroke Brock Lesnar's ego. It didn't do anything to improve Brock Lesnar. Those who love Lesnar love him because of his UFC credentials and because they view him as "legitimate". Those who hate Lesnar hate him because of his lack of respect for the wrestling business. Neither group has their opinions changed by WrestleMania 30.

If Undertaker was absolutely adamant that he would not retire with The Streak intact, it should have been Edge in 2008 who ended it. Edge would have been solidified as WWE's top heel and would have been THE man to beat for the remainder of his career, instead of a constant transitional champion who would win titles and then lose them immediately for absolutely no reason.

But it would have been better for The Streak never to end. It was a huge selling point for WrestleMania and it's something that cannot be replaced.

In short, Brock Lesnar ending The Streak was one of the worst, if not the single worst WWE booking decision of all time.

As for this year, regardless of who he faces, Undertaker NEEDS to be the winner at WrestleMania. Undertaker deserves to have some tiny shred of his legacy returned to him. Some of the biggest stars go out on their back, and others walk out with their head high. The last image of Undertaker in a WWE ring should NOT be him getting beaten by some young guy, it should be him establishing his dominance one last time.

Last edited by Aquaman6686 : 01-14-2016 at 12:22 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Future Endeavored
Comedy Jobber For Life: AKA Santino

WorstWrestlingExcrement sold out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago1989 View Post
It's almost been 2 years since The Streak ended. Looking back on it, it made logical sense having Brock Lesnar beat Undertaker and end The Streak. Brock was on a roll and was looked at by most people to be the most challenging opponent to face Undertaker at WrestleMania. Brock was credible enough in many ways - Dominating wins over CM Punk, Triple H, and Big Show, his credentials, and stature. No one was more credible and threatening.

Now after 2 years have gone by, I feel that Brock didn't need that win. He hasn't shown any change before or after ending The Streak. To me, it feels like it would've made no difference whether he beat The Streak or not because he would still be considered the beast he is today regardless.

In my opinion, Bray Wyatt should've been the one to end The Streak. He could've gone more farther with that win than Brock and it would've set him up for bigger and better things for his career. Bray would've probably been a WWE World Champion and go on to become an instant threat to anyone, especially if Braun Strowman, Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan were around from the very beginning to bask in the glory of Bray ending The Streak. Imagine the promos Bray would've cut after being the 1 in 21-1.

To me, it should've been Brock vs Cena and Bray vs Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX.

Looking back, do you think it was still the best decision in having Brock Lesnar end The Streak?

Did you see Bray Wyatt being the one who should've ended The Streak and would he have more mileage out of the win than Brock?
I agree with you that Bray Wyatt should have been the second man to beat underflaker right after Brock Lesner but having him come back to beat Bray Wyatt after he carried taker through all promos and thus losing again in SS makes me lose respect for Wyatt! Bray should have beat him and have a second loss it s time flaker starts putting talent over
Old 01-14-2016, 04:19 AM

aaronmb is looking to come up from OCW...

It wouldve made sense if Brock had never lost to The Undertaker and had never been defeated at Wrestlemania. Really bad booking, considering he lost to Triple H a year before.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:37 AM
Yemrez Reqonıc
ECW TV Champion

ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...ShinChan is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Nopes. It was the worst decision. Brock was an established wrestler and didnot need the rub off Undertaker's streak. It should have been ended by some young talent who needed the rub off the streak.
Quote:
Did you see Bray Wyatt being the one who should've ended The Streak and would he have more mileage out of the win than Brock? [/b]
Exactly. He is the so-called Face of Fear so he should go over The Phenom to be credible enough to fear us. He should have defeated Undertaker in Taker's last match at Wrestlemania 32 in his hometown itself. In this way, his credibilty would have been increased. He has always come up short against Taker so why we should fear them. I think they really lost a big chance of making a mega-star.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:54 AM
Knockout Champion

RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...RomanfreakinReigns worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I'm not exactly sure whether Brock was the "perfect" choice to be the one to break the streak.

But I disagree that Bray Wyatt should have been the one to do so instead. Absolutely horrendous. I agree that he'd have "benifitted" , or rather "needed it" more than Lesnar. But would he really have benifitted? Would the WWE have really capitalized on it?

And I am of the opinion that Bray Wyatt is severely overrated. Can talk. But hardly appeals to me. I call him the less talented Mankind, but to be honest, even associating or comparing him with Mick Foley would be an insult to Mick Foley. His in-ring skills are okay. Mick was GOD.

So I think it was the right decision. Brock Lesnar's every bit the star and the man that we think is capable of actually breaking the streak. I mean, the guy is a former UFC champion right. He could beat The Rock, Austin, Ric Flair, HHH, AND The Undertaker on the same night at Wrestlemania(kayfabe) and we'd still think he'd have kicked their asses were it REAL and not kayfabe. I absolutely love Brock Lesnar, so I'll say that Vince/Taker are smart enough and wouldn't do something stupid were they to know the ramifications, especially when it comes to something so huge as Taker's WM undefeated streak. So there.