WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 12-24-2015, 04:35 PM

kcordloh is looking to come up from OCW...
Default Favorite old school moves?

What are some old moves that don't get used much anymore that you loved?

I love a good old airplane spin. I mean it's cool when guys got dropped with something out of it (Sabin does the Cradle Shock out of it occasionally, but I saw a NRW Charged episode recently where a guy took one and then was put down on his feet, and it just made me flash back to when that was common)

Old school atomic's. Not the inverted version but the knee to the butt one. Especially when the guy flipped out of the ring. I saw this recently in a video from Harley Race's promotion (big surprise it was used there I guess) and it made me smile.

What are other moves that don't get used often that are old school that you enjoy?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood
WWE Diva's Champion

@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...@smarkmouth scored a win over Santino Marella...

I was recently thinking how much better suited a running Oklahoma Slam would be for Roman Reigns. The spear is such an overused finish, but the Oklahoma Slam would give him plenty of room for theatricality as a finish.

I'm also a fan of big old heavyweight dropkicks. We still see plenty from Dolph or the Usos, but I love when a big man like Harper does it.

Finally, the piledriver. I know the taboo that comes along with it, but it has far more control than something as wreckless as Daniel Bryan's diving headbutt, especially when you consider the three wrestlers (Bryan, Benoit and Dynamite) who used that move often are controversial subjects from a medical standpoint.

No. No one else misses Rybaxel
Old 12-24-2015, 05:24 PM

Quinn30Colo is looking to come up from OCW...

The atomic drop by far is my favorite move I miss. The reaction was just hilarious.

I also liked Jake Roberts Short Clothesline. (arm bar into clothesline.)

Boston Crab. You don't see that anymore. Another you don't see to much anymore is the running powerslam.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:38 PM

Oh an Oklahoma powerslam would definitely be cool for Roman. If not his primary finish, a great secondary move for a false.

I totally forgot about the short arm clothesline. I see it occasionally on indy videos but not nearly enough. Paige is the only one I can think of on the majors that still does it.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:01 PM

KromyD is looking to come up from OCW...KromyD is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @DearWrestler View Post
I was recently thinking how much better suited a running Oklahoma Slam would be for Roman Reigns. The spear is such an overused finish, but the Oklahoma Slam would give him plenty of room for theatricality as a finish.

I'm also a fan of big old heavyweight dropkicks. We still see plenty from Dolph or the Usos, but I love when a big man like Harper does it.

Finally, the piledriver. I know the taboo that comes along with it, but it has far more control than something as wreckless as Daniel Bryan's diving headbutt, especially when you consider the three wrestlers (Bryan, Benoit and Dynamite) who used that move often are controversial subjects from a medical standpoint.
I think your onto something there man, he should do it from the corner and him suspending a superstar for a couple seconds probably makes him do the superman punch less and to a point i think thats why you suggested Roman adapt that move, because with it superman punch, spear, drive by and the samoan drop his move set may go stale as is.

A couple moves i would like WWE to bring back would be that Razor Ramon fall away slam, the JBL clothesline & the Kane sidewalk slam we see at times.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:10 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...rmp0012002 is looking to come up from OCW...

Orndorff piledriver
Buzz Sawyer powerslam, best when catching the opponent in the air off the ropes.
Snap suplex - Dynamite Kid.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:26 PM
Better than I think I am
WWE Women's Champion

Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...Prince Vee scored a win over Santino Marella...

Dragon Suplex - I don't see many of the wrestlers using it these days except for the likes of Daniel Bryan's. I had seen Natalya uses it time to time but still I miss it.

Diving Head Butt - I hadn't seen the usage of it most in these days. Rusev tries that occasionally and it hadn't been used by many in the recent past except DB, Rusev and Bull Demsy.

Poke to the eyes - It's a cool move, isn't it? Haha I seriously miss that move.

And as for the others saying Pile Driver, it has been extensively used in other Wrestling promotions. Eric Young uses it in TNA, Ravage Brown in All Stars, and there are much more using that.

Credits: Dave
Old 12-24-2015, 09:36 PM

oneguy is looking to come up from OCW...

I don't know what's it called, but I liked the move where one wrestler is about to get clothes lined but then he locks the arm, jumps up and swings behind his opponent and locks up the other arm with his legs and then pulls his opponent down into a pin.
Old 12-24-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneguy View Post
I don't know what's it called, but I liked the move where one wrestler is about to get clothes lined but then he locks the arm, jumps up and swings behind his opponent and locks up the other arm with his legs and then pulls his opponent down into a pin.
You mean the crucifix pin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUJKOPR03Wg

The rebound suplex, besides Beth Phoenix and Randy Orton I can't recall anyone using it in the past 10 years besides Bella against Charlotte once. Barrett used to use a rebound version of the belly to back.

The piledriver is very prevalent outside of WWE. Still a good move.

The powerslam is definitely underused. Considering what some guys use as finishers, it could easily become one again if given to a bigger guy like Strowman
Old 12-25-2015, 01:19 AM

covieo81 is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via MSN to covieo81 Send a message via Yahoo to covieo81

I'd love to see the abdominal stretch, davey boys old vertical suplex or whatever it was, power slamd definitely and the side russian leg sweep.