WWE & TNA Forum
Wrestling News

Go Back   WrestleZone Forums > Wrestling - Non Spam Sections > Old School Wrestling
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Arcade vBookie

Old 11-28-2015, 03:03 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...
Default The most shocking heel turn

If anything in your own opinions which superstars in wrestling history do you think have had the most shocking heel turns? Well for me the most shocking heel turn for me anyway definitely was Hulk Hogan Bash at the Beach 1996 when he was the "third man" when he joined forces with Nash and Hall and they formed the nWo in WCW. No one was more shocked than I was especially as a 6 year old child watching but then after that Hogan he pretty much made it cool to cheer the bad guys especially because the nWo were so cool, too sweet and so funny especially in their segments or in their paid announcements.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 03:28 PM
Accidental spam artist

Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...Cena Is A Punk Rocker worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I can't see how it can be anything but Hogan. Rollins being the one to turn on the Shield was kind of shocking.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:41 PM
G.O.A.T.
WWE Diva's Champion

relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...relentless1 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hogan is the obvious answer here, I don't think anybody saw that coming.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:45 PM
WWE Women's Champion

Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...Terry Gyimah is looking to come up from OCW...

Or Batista's heel turn on Rey Mysterio back at Bragging Rights 2009 post-match when Batista attacked Rey after saying to him that he was going to rip his head off and then beat the holy hell out of him now that was pretty shocking at the time because Batista was a babyface for such a long time
Old 11-28-2015, 05:50 PM
Da Best Sports Entertainer Ever
WWF Hardcore Champion

BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...BestSportsEntertainer scored a win over Santino Marella...

From what I've seen, I would say CM Punk at Raw 1000. I wasn't expecting that at all.

I wasn't around for Hogan's heel turn, but I could imagine that was the most shocking, considering how long Hogan was face.
Old 11-28-2015, 05:57 PM

StraightEdge is looking to come up from OCW...
Send a message via AIM to StraightEdge

I know they planted seeds to foreshadow this heel turn, but Scott Steiner turning on his brother at superbrawl to join the nwo was shocking. My jaw dropped when he double ax handled his brother and decked Dibiase.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:32 PM
WWE Diva's Champion

Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...Wrestlingaholic worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Hands down it is Hogan (despite Bobby Heenan trying to spoil it with his needless, "but who's side is he on?" Comment) so perhaps the better question would be, what's the best heel turn apart from Hogan?

Rollins is a great shout, if only because of the timing (a day after Shield beat Evolution 3-0 at Payback in an elimination match) and the surprise that it wasn't Ambrose who turned, as pretty much everyone expected. Well done WWE.

I also like Bret Hart's turn in 1997. It was a slow build, with Bret being painted as the sympathetic nearly man, getting screwed out of the WWE Championship at every opportunity, but usually the culmination of that storyline arc would be for the face to win the belt, often at Wrestlemania. But this time, WWE took the decision to turn Bret heel - whilst allowing him to remain a white-hot Babyface outside the United States. If the Montreal Screwjob is regarded by many as the turning point into the Attitude Era, I'd argue that the Bret Hart sympathy/heel turn storyline made Montreal more effective - would people have cared if Bret was still a bland Babyface?
Old 11-28-2015, 08:36 PM

Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...Woodstuff is looking to come up from OCW...

Monday Night Raw, 15 years(?) ago...

Undertaker is being beat down by Chris Benoit. Beniot has the crossface locked in post-match.

Kane's pyro erupts. The Big Red Machine is back. Beniot scurries away, but wait...

Kane turns on his brother?! Chokeslams him through the ring?!?!

Definetly the most shocking heel turn for me, purely for how it surprised me when I first saw it. Screw the smart-ass "I know more than anyone else" heel turns. The logical "this was clearly the most historically significant heel turn" suggestions.

Moments like THAT are why I love wrestling. No dirtsheets. No spoilers. Just week after week, must-see TV.

EDIT: No offence to anyone that genuinely considers the Hogan heel turn "most shocking ever". I sounded kinda smug.

Last edited by Woodstuff : 11-28-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:33 PM

kris8524 is looking to come up from OCW...

Hogan is def up there as number 1 because it was not spoiled. HBK turning on jenetty tho was the first major one for me and it really did the job i hated HBK. Slaughter becoming an iraqi sympathizer is up there to. The next one will be if the E lets DB back cause they will try to make him a heel but it will be more like austin style heel instead. I will add a lil flavour as who was th e best face turn of all time?
Old 11-29-2015, 12:02 AM

WhiplashUnited is looking to come up from OCW...WhiplashUnited is looking to come up from OCW...

While Hogan is the natural choice for good reason the HBK turn on Janetty was especially good for how it was done. The use of the window put it through the roof.

Scott Steiner turning on his brother was another good one. I don't think many people expected Scott to turn on his brother. Didn't ever think Hall would betray Nash either.

Recent (2010 onwards) shocking heel turns are few and far between. Rollins probably the only decent one for ages. I liked CM Punk levelling The Rock at RAW1000, personally would have rather seen CM Punk-The Rock at Wrestlemania than the 2nd Cena-Rock match.

My question is: are we that invested in most wrestlers to be legitimately shocked when a heel turn happens these days?